I want to be drenched in lore

TheOpethian

To know the ins and outs completely, read everything, including wookiepedia, the games are not really important, as they are generally non-canon (the canon parts are usually in books any way). Also watch toon wars and the movies, the Droids cartoons were fun but are considered non-canon, and don't bother with the Ewok movies (Caravan of truth and one other) as they don't impact on anything.

Or just bluff it.

If your interested in Old Republic era lore then I would strongly recommend the official Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia which has extensive information on planets, factions, individuals, events etc. and a perfect complement to the lore of this game in particular - and a lot that can't be found on Wookieepedia or in-game.

Thank you, I'll be sure to get it whenever I can.

Does the official Star Wars web page databank still exist ? It had a few interesting pieces as well - but the Wookiepedia is often better.

It has a few pieces here and there but I want to really get into the lore, I'll also follow the timelines and get what I can.

Well there are these four books concerning TOR:

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation

As you already noted, the two "heavies" for this era are, of course, Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

Tales of the Jedi is a great comic series that chronicles many years leading up to the events of the first KOTOR game. It introduced characters such as Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider, and events such as the Beast Wars of Onderon, the Great Hyperspace War, and many others that would be referenced in KOTOR and beyond.

The KOTOR comic series enjoys a strong reputation as well, though I haven't read it myself.

The Lost Tribe of the Sith eBook series covers a long span of years in focusing on a group of Sith separated from the galaxy at large. It starts during the Great Hyperspace War and leads up to the emergence of the Lost Tribe onto the galactic stage during the early Legacy era.