The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

remove sentinel and marauder auras for the love of god.

Rhalius

Whatever the feature or effect is, someone hates it. We'd have 10 pages of toggle boxes to take care of it all.

You speak as if that would actually be a bad thing, developer effort aside.

Anyway, it looks like the patch fixed the aura stacking with itself, so you no longer look like a giant fireball with 2 pom-poms if you're a marauder. I'm still not averse to the idea of removing them altogether or toning them down even further, but as it stands, things are fine now. Thanks BW.

Edited by sofakingzoe

first time i was asking myself when i seen it on my sentinel was,

what does the scouter say about my power level, when is frieza showing up, how to become super saiyan.

it looked horrible and a promised myself to never play with a marauder or sentinel again.

really this is star wars...stick with it

if not then please add the Kamehameha wave to the skill tree to

What's the purpose of that comment? Is it to belittle this particular issue, or is it a more general thing?

If someone dislikes the esthetics of a particular feature, no one can argue with that. But as I said, everything is disliked by someone (my favorite is the guy who complained that cybertech-made moddable droid armor has a green name instead of an orange name). But it's impractical to have a toggle for every little thing that people claim they find annoying. Because I guarantee you that, with a few exceptions, whatever it is, the vast majority of players either don't care one way or another or they actually like it. Which means it makes even less sense to put in a toggle, just to satisfy a tiny minority of perpetually dissatisfied complainers.

If someone dislikes the esthetics of a particular feature, no one can argue with that. But as I said, everything is disliked by someone (my favorite is the guy who complained that cybertech-made moddable droid armor has a green name instead of an orange name). But it's impractical to have a toggle for every little thing that people claim they find annoying. Because I guarantee you that, with a few exceptions, whatever it is, the vast majority of players either don't care one way or another or they actually like it. Which means it makes even less sense to put in a toggle, just to satisfy a tiny minority of perpetually dissatisfied complainers.

true true,

but if you blind your players with an aura brighter than all the stars in the galaxy together,

it is not a matter of taste if you ask me but a bug.

bugs need fixing, and still this is a star wars game.

you find me one screen shot where someone in star wars had a greater brighter aura than goku ssj3

until then its a bug

true true,

but if you blind your players with an aura brighter than all the stars in the galaxy together,

it is not a matter of taste if you ask me but a bug.

Your hyperbole notwithstanding, maybe it is a bug. If so, it should be fixed.Otherwise, it's just "I don't like this" vs. the vast majority who couldn't care less.

Your hyperbole notwithstanding, maybe it is a bug. If so, it should be fixed.Otherwise, it's just "I don't like this" vs. the vast majority who couldn't care less.

of course it is not a bug, it is just something very ugly..

its like adding....light sabers to fifa 14, or linesmen to call of duty...

adding jedi to world of warcraft... it is just not supposed to be in a star wars game.

but i believe they toned it down a bit already...not enough...but it is a start

EDIT: and if you read every comment on this topic you will see most of the people hating it and few don't care..

and very very few like it..

Edited by JediMaster_Kory

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...