55's in old SM Flashpoints.

No, you are saying that your fun should come at other's expense but not the other way around.

Plus.. Isn't it selfish to say, We WANT access to these normal modes, despite that we're over the level for it and will make everyother players part of this group obsolete as I can easily solo this without anyones help, I will carry you all through this due to my level. Isn't that selfish aswell? I'm sorry to say, but when it comes to selfish behaviour it works two ways in this matter. There for, I exclude that view point and concentrate on what seems right and what does not. If you can solo a flashpoint recommended for four players, it means you're not appropiated for that flashpoint. Simple.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no MMO I have ever played has expansions ever excluded old content. Yes, in many MMOs, expansions make old content "obsolete," but they never exclude old content. And BW has setup the GF to "exclude" characters who are not level appropriate (a level 55 cannot queue for anything before D7 through the GF).

We're not asking to exclude it, they can just go there if they want to do it with friends or solo it. We're asking them to exclude them from the groupfinder. Which seems fair as they make every other player "part" of that group Obsolete.

We're not asking to exclude it, they can just go there if they want to do it with friends or solo it. We're asking them to exclude them from the groupfinder. Which seems fair as they make every other player "part" of that group Obsolete.

Maybe they should just do away with group finder since you seem to want to limit who can use it based on what you want.

That way everyone has to group with friends or a guild and too bad if they don't have a guild or any friends to group with.

I am not even level 50 and I don't do flashpoints in group finder and now I see why. Too many people only want what they want and don't care about anyone else but themselves!

Plus.. Isn't it selfish to say, We WANT access to these normal modes, despite that we're over the level for it and will make everyother players part of this group obsolete as I can easily solo this without anyones help, I will carry you all through this due to my level. Isn't that selfish aswell? I'm sorry to say, but when it comes to selfish behaviour it works two ways in this matter. There for, I exclude that view point and concentrate on what seems right and what does not. If you can solo a flashpoint recommended for four players, it means you're not appropiated for that flashpoint. Simple.

Try Soloing Colcoid Flashpoint.

Are you for real? You're asking if I read what people say? Do YOU read what I write? You CAN EASILY get the recommended rating for Hardmode 50 flashpoints through MAKEB RECOMMENDATION MODIFICATIONS alone.. I do NOT ask for them to be removed from HARDMODE 50 flashpoints.. I ask for them to be removed from STORYMODE 47-50 FLASHPOINTS... That is the "normal" version if you so want it to be.. I don't care of the Hardmodes I am talking of the regulair, easy, normal, ones.. That are made for 47-50.... Even a 49 CAN'T join the Hardmode 50 flashpoints.. And if you NOW dare to tell me that it's hard to get Rating for 50 Hardmode flashpoints, then you SIR are stamped INVALID.. Because I, as 50, with only 1 MK-3 and 1 MK-2 and some (40)-(46) mods can join for Hardmode 50 flashpoints...

Have you done the Makeb planet? You cannot get all the comms you need for the upgrades that easily.

Armor Upgrades : 10 commendations per upgrade

Mod Upgrades: 4 commendations per upgrade

Enchancement Upgrades: 4 commendations per upgrade

Hilt or barrel upgrade: 10 commendations per upgrade

So for one equipment upgrade for a chest piece: 18 commendations required.

And if the level 55 get in a group and the group checks their gear a lot of times they will be kicked for not having the appropriate gear. If you don't believe me go read the forums this has been stated too many times as they will not take someone without the proper gear.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

lol, I enter this thread and I see how 55s are glorified ... when in other threads people complain about 55s on greens or with 44-46 mods :D Just FYI OP, you can easily get to 55 just like getting to 50 pre 2.0 , not everybody will get a full set of makeb mods just in time when you hit 55 and most people will be stuck with the pre-50 gear. I don't think you can get too far on kaon or lost island SM with pre-50 gear.

Besides, some FPs are mandatory on story, like battle of Ilum and false emperor on ilum questline. people will have to enter the HMs just to finish these? or do the False emperor HM to get the HK part?

Of course, these FPs might be soloable for people with 69/71 mods, but if you think that every 55 player is like that....:rolleyes:

Maybe they should just do away with group finder since you seem to want to limit who can use it based on what you want.

That way everyone has to group with friends or a guild and too bad if they don't have a guild or any friends to group with.

I am not even level 50 and I don't do flashpoints in group finder and now I see why. Too many people only want what they want and don't care about anyone else but themselves!

Are you serious about that?

I am simply asking to exclude 3.. 3 Flashpoints and we're talking normals here.. I mean, these are hardly a challenge let alone needed for a 55..

I don't get all this hatred, let me do it like this.. it requires 126 Planetary commendations, for anyone, I mean ANYONE, who have leveled, there is STILL some bonus series missing, there is still Makeb, there is still alot of quests you're missing on different planets.. All of these are granting Planetary commendations..

Besides that, we're talking 3 flashpoints, 3 simple flashpoints. Sorry if I DO NOT see the fuss about it. I am simply saying, it would be nice if 47-50's had one place where they could sign up, where Tanks ACTUALLY could tank and healers had some to do.. Is it to much to ask for that the game isn't ruined/simplyfied/carried by 55's? Is it to much to ask for, that they can not sign up for these NORMAL flashpoints, like I can't sign up for Red Reaper and much more? There is a reason I can't sign up for these, it's because I'm to high level.. SAME THING!! It's the god damn SAME THING!

If you can not grasp that simple thing, that the facts are equal and the state is the same, that 55's are simplifying the game and leaving healers without anything to do, tanks who simply stands there and looks dumb. A 55 can ignore ANY, I mean ANY mechanic in these flashpoints.. He makes any tactical though completly obsolete, not only for him self, but for the entire party. It's ruining the fun, It's ruining the challenge.. I am sorry if this seems to annoye me, but I am speaking to kids with a tantrum, who wants nothing but the candy in the store. As I said, one day, perhaps I will be 55. I do not wish to do these and I would gladly leave them alone. But a game without a challenge.. I might aswell be playing facebook games.. I didn't play 3v3 arena in wow for nothing.. It's the challenge that matters.. I once spoke to a 55, who told me that doing these were nothing but boredom, even ops storymode were boredom to him.. He wished there were nightmare mode in groupfinder for ops.. That way, he could atleast get some sorth of challenge. You casual players, needs to wake up and realise, that without competitive playiers in games, MMO's won't survive.. You really think casual players have keept wow alive for so long? Despite what you think of wow, it's still the leading MMO with plenty of subscribers.. Hate all you want on that game, it's none of my buisness, but the damn fact stands.. And for you to stand up for these "55's" in normal mode, I ask you.. Make a new account, become 50, be a tank or healer, try it out for your self for a week or two, then come back... Do not defend or support what you do not know, just because you're 55 and YOU want to run these, despite the fact it's too easy, despite the fact that ANY tank or HEALER who signs up for it, is left completly and utterly obsolete for the groups meaning what so ever...

lol, I enter this thread and I see how 55s are glorified ... when in other threads people complain about 55s on greens or with 44-46 mods :D Just FYI OP, you can easily get to 55 just like getting to 50 pre 2.0 , not everybody will get a full set of makeb mods just in time when you hit 55 and most people will be stuck with the pre-50 gear. I don't think you can get too far on kaon or lost island SM with pre-50 gear.

Besides, some FPs are mandatory on story, like battle of Ilum and false emperor on ilum questline. people will have to enter the HMs just to finish these? or do the False emperor HM to get the HK part?

Of course, these FPs might be soloable for people with 69/71 mods, but if you think that every 55 player is like that....:rolleyes:

I am not saying they're all alike.. But you just said the magic word.. "False Emperor HM" That's the key I've been looking for, NO ONE reads what I say.. I am NOT asking to exclude them from ANY, not a SINGLE HM... By all means, LIVE In the HM.. I don't care.. I'm asking for them, NOT to be able to sing up for the NORMAL mode..

This could be solved with simple fix. When you are below 55 and don't want any 55s in your group, that should be a tick of in LFG tool, that says "queue only with people below 55". Those who don't mind getting someone oveleveling and overgearing the FP would get their chance, and those who want to play it other way, could also do this. But I doubt BW would ever introduce that QOL fix

One of the reasons they let 55's queue is to avoid ridiculous wait times - ever notice how many 55's you've gotten in your FP's recently?

Now imagine all those people removed from your groupfinder pool. Yep, level 50-54 will suddenly suck as it'll take forever to get a group for the FPs.

I can understand how it would be frustrating for you if a 55 is just taking over every battle but as I stated before there are many of us who soloed the game and are now interested in learning the ropes. The first thing I did when I hit 50 was enter the GF and I was kicked out every single time cause I had no clue plus I lagged too much on my then crappy PC. What did I do? I got super pissed and started studying what role I had to play in groups and what gear I should have and watched a ton of youtube to learn exactly what you had to do in MMO's cause I originally bought the game just for the story. I must have gotten kicked 10 out of 10 times and each time I asked what I was doing wrong and got laughed at. I did my dailies for at least 3-4 months straight and bought my way to 69/72 gear and learned on my own how the hell MMO's work so now if I want to enter a story mode FP you better believe I won't let a selfish player like you stop me. I'm still super green when it comes to working in groups so I believe that I should have the opportunity to experience the lower level 50's FP's before I jump up and believe me, I want to advance. Edited by ZETA_SCORPII

Maybe it's just me being in the minority here when I'm leveling but when i was leveling any character whether it be a DPS or Healer toon...

As a DPS, I WELCOMED the chance that a 55 was in the group especially if it was a 55 TANK because chances are, I wont have to worry about taking aggro and not being able to drop it because we all know how well those threat dump ablilites work :rolleyes:

As a HEALER, I WELCOMED the chance that a 55 was in the group especially if it was a 55 TANK because chances are they will be geared correctly (Not guaranteed but a significant better chance). The last healer I leveled, about 7/10 tanks i teamed with which were not 55's were HORRIBLY geared and when i say Horrible, i mean wrong main stat, no relics and lvl 23ish greens in the 50 fp's, etc...

As a TANK ... ... well... 55's didnt exisit when i was leveling my shadow tank and its my main so leveling another tank is well, a mute point for me but i digress. AS A TANK with a 55 DPS in the group, it would give me the chance to work on knowing taunts and working on tanking because if the 55 DPS in the group is working it correctly (Not saying this happens every time or even most of the time but i do it with mine when i group), They will be going after the weaker mobs and then the strongs first and then the elites.

Yes, you will find the dbag 55 dps which thinks everything is going too slow and will pull ahead of the tank not letting them do their job. Yes, you may want a challenge to do that content without the help of someone who will carry you. Yes, 55's can solo those FP's with ease. Yes, you may have 1,000 other reasons why you think you should be entitled to do the FP's without a 55 being in the group but in the end... ITS A GROUP FINDER PUG. If you want to guarentee no 55 to be in the group when you que, then form your own team and then Que.

Edited by haliy

So I finally got the chance to play a FP with my 55 Merc last night (False Emperor) on my new PC and I gotta say all the practice and gearing up has paid off! Yes it was too easy but it was great practice and I passed on everything cause I was just there for the experience. I let the tank pull and took out the lower levels first and had a blast! I almost quit this game after being kicked so much and not knowing what to do and I'm sure many have quit because of the lack of knowledge required to play their roles. There should be mandatory role training in-game for those of us who aren't MMO heroes imo. The tank and healer were cool with me being 55 and we all worked together and ended up having a great experience so it's not always a bad thing to let 55's play lower level FP's. Honestly after being kicked so many times in the beginning I developed a fear of playing with others but now I think I'm gonna be ok! Too bad I spent anywhere from 20-30 million gearing up (companions too) on my own, I made the huge mistake of not buying primary stat 69 gear but I made at least 500k every day doing dailies so I earned my gear either way. I'm gonna do a few more test runs before I advance though, practice makes perfect.

I'm a 55 Sorc Healer, and I do like to run the 50 HM FPs. True I do not need anything that drops, or even the comms, but I still get decent credits and everyone needs that! It's also a fun way to spend 45 min playing the game in a more intense way than simply questing, and much much easier with the GF.

I am keenly aware of how overleveled and overgeared I am, and so I tend to really hold back. I will give minimal heals, which are very potent on 50-54s, and the occasional blast of lightning to help with DPS, but mainly I see my role as a shepherd. Just to make sure no one dies. I follow the tanks orders, and only speak up when asked a question or for my opinion, and only greed or pass on all loot.

I remember when I was leveling. I would try the FP as soon as I was even close to being geared/leveled for it. They were very challenging this way, and I never cleared them on the first go, or even the 2nd or 3rd attempt. II remember being VERY happy when my PUG included a lvl 50 (when that was highest possible). I thought "Okay, now I have a chance to clear this thing!"

Having said that, having a 55, or even a bunch of 55s in your 50 HM FP PUG is no guarantee that you will faceroll it. Level and even gear mean nothing if the players play it wrong. Once, I was in Black Talon 50 HM once with two other 55's and a 53, and we WIPED at the very first battle. No kidding....WIPED! The silence on chat was deafening!

There is also a great opportunity to teach, if you're a 55 in a 50 HM FP. I enjoy teaching, and I feel like I'm at least partially balancing out all of the ragers who yell at you to "L2P idiot!", or have zero tolerance for ignorance or mistakes

Once, I got dropped into an ongoing FP once with 3 powertechs. Their healer had just rage-quit before they even reached the 1st boss. I think all were friends, and all were DPS. It was Cademimu, where the boss fights have real and deadly mechanics. They had not done it before and were really clueless, not only on holding aggro (I had to admonish them to keep mobs off the healer=me!), but also on the mechanics of boss fights. We wiped twice before I spoke up, then I found out that they were new to this mission and I began to tell them how it went. Eventually, one of them began to tank a bit, and kept mobs off of me, and they learned all the mechanics (after getting trapped themselves in the red box and even standing in fire on Ortol). All told, about 6 wipes and 90 minutes later we finished. They all learned something and improved after each wipe. It was a great experience for me and I'm sure they all learned a lot too! There were very excited to have finished it too!

I agree that 55's in 50 HM FPs are not good, if all they do is steamroll over the rest of the group, but as with any PUG, if everyone respects the others in their group, their time, their needs and works together, then it can still be a good time for everyone.

I'm a 55 Sorc Healer, and I do like to run the 50 HM FPs. True I do not need anything that drops, or even the comms, but I still get decent credits and everyone needs that! It's also a fun way to spend 45 min playing the game in a more intense way than simply questing, and much much easier with the GF.

I am keenly aware of how overleveled and overgeared I am, and so I tend to really hold back. I will give minimal heals, which are very potent on 50-54s, and the occasional blast of lightning to help with DPS, but mainly I see my role as a shepherd. Just to make sure no one dies. I follow the tanks orders, and only speak up when asked a question or for my opinion, and only greed or pass on all loot.

I remember when I was leveling. I would try the FP as soon as I was even close to being geared/leveled for it. They were very challenging this way, and I never cleared them on the first go, or even the 2nd or 3rd attempt. II remember being VERY happy when my PUG included a lvl 50 (when that was highest possible). I thought "Okay, now I have a chance to clear this thing!"

Having said that, having a 55, or even a bunch of 55s in your 50 HM FP PUG is no guarantee that you will faceroll it. Level and even gear mean nothing if the players play it wrong. Once, I was in Black Talon 50 HM once with two other 55's and a 53, and we WIPED at the very first battle. No kidding....WIPED! The silence on chat was deafening!

There is also a great opportunity to teach, if you're a 55 in a 50 HM FP. I enjoy teaching, and I feel like I'm at least partially balancing out all of the ragers who yell at you to "L2P idiot!", or have zero tolerance for ignorance or mistakes

Once, I got dropped into an ongoing FP once with 3 powertechs. Their healer had just rage-quit before they even reached the 1st boss. I think all were friends, and all were DPS. It was Cademimu, where the boss fights have real and deadly mechanics. They had not done it before and were really clueless, not only on holding aggro (I had to admonish them to keep mobs off the healer=me!), but also on the mechanics of boss fights. We wiped twice before I spoke up, then I found out that they were new to this mission and I began to tell them how it went. Eventually, one of them began to tank a bit, and kept mobs off of me, and they learned all the mechanics (after getting trapped themselves in the red box and even standing in fire on Ortol). All told, about 6 wipes and 90 minutes later we finished. They all learned something and improved after each wipe. It was a great experience for me and I'm sure they all learned a lot too! There were very excited to have finished it too!

I agree that 55's in 50 HM FPs are not good, if all they do is steamroll over the rest of the group, but as with any PUG, if everyone respects the others in their group, their time, their needs and works together, then it can still be a good time for everyone.

I'm glad there are nice and patient people like you who help those of us who are less experienced! Thank you.

i can understand the frustration about doing flashpoints with overgeared players, but i also don't see how this is new for the lv50s. every story mode while leveling has the potential for having overgeared people pop up in the queue.

as for lv50 SMs. do 55s queue up for this? it's like.... 10 planetary comms. i don't think i see the point.

i honestly wouldn't care if this was removed, but i could see some people still needing to do the achievements.

i could see people queuing up for them for the achievements over the comms.

the flipside of this, of course, is that if all the 55s were excluded from lv50 FPs, there would be significantly less pops in GF for them.

but what i also don't understand is the insistence that FPs are a challenge. they were never really meant to be. just 4-man heroics with better loot and more story content.

the real, challenging group content for lv50s are the ops that 55s cannot queue up for.

I read your entire post, but no where, absolutly NO WHERE do you mention STORY MODE FP'S. This entire thread is about STORY MODE.

This could be solved with simple fix. When you are below 55 and don't want any 55s in your group, that should be a tick of in LFG tool, that says "queue only with people below 55". Those who don't mind getting someone oveleveling and overgearing the FP would get their chance, and those who want to play it other way, could also do this. But I doubt BW would ever introduce that QOL fix

That could work too. Seeee, people? You 55s, who are so frustrated and hating on this thread, there's a way for you to join group finder and still do these, but this way, us who wants a challenge at level 50, actually don't have to queue with you :D

I read your entire post, but no where, absolutly NO WHERE do you mention STORY MODE FP'S. This entire thread is about STORY MODE.

Oh rats! My bad. I get the terms mixed up. I am talking about the Level 50 (HARD) FP.s These are the ones just below 55 HM FPs on the GF page. I guess "Story Mode" are the FP's that are below level 50 then?

Sorry for mis-posting. :(

Oh rats! My bad. I get the terms mixed up. I am talking about the Level 50 (HARD) FP.s These are the ones just below 55 HM FPs on the GF page. I guess "Story Mode" are the FP's that are below level 50 then?

Sorry for mis-posting. :(

Taking it from top to botton and I will mark the ones I were idearing about excluding.

55 HM

50 HM

47-50 NM

See the thing is. 50 HM gives Classic coms, which I can understand the newly 55's want.

47-50 gives 10 planetary coms, which... You can get in a million others ways and alot faster.

I have recently brought my main character to 55 about a month ago, and started equipping with 69-gear (mostly crafting/GTN). I actually am one of those people mentioned by the OP and did some old story mode FPs, even while over-geared. Why?

The coms are only one thing. The real reason is that I need to gather more experience before doing HM stuff. The atmosphere on FP in general can be quite volatile, and people expect you to be fast, efficient, know your game mechanics, attack rotations, etc. If you don't, they make it very clear that you should not be there and "waste their time".

While I disagree with the rude way how this is frequently communicated (rage-quitting, insulting, etc.), I can see part of their logic, and decided myself to take FPs slow. My strategy is to do story mode FPs multiple times, and then HM FPs through the guild at first, but only after I am really comfortable with them and with my character's abilities.

I have yet to encounter that people disapprove of me being over-leveled in these SM FPs (quite the contrary!). So I ask to please not take away this option from level 55s. If it really bothers people like the OP, I can respect that, too, but would than ask to just put me on /ignore or not accept to group with me when the group is assembled.

After all, this is just a game and we should all have fun with it!

Cheers! :D

I'm going to echo what other people said:

Because you're not happy with something, you'd rather force other people out of content rather than have to control your own fate.

Classic case of SEP field.

If you don't want to run with 55s in a SM Flashpoint, then decline the group. Problem solved.