DPS Help

Cerconus

I need some help from all the Sorcerer ******ery on these forums. I'm seeing 2-2.1k on my parses, but that seems low to me given my gear 69/72. I'm actually not sure where I should be in my current gear. I'm inserting my AMR profile and 2 torparses, one from a 11 min. dummy fight and the other from a TFB SM 8M. Would anyone be kind enough to look at this info and tell me what I may be doing wrong? Any and all responses are welcome, even the trolls/flamers are welcome (they make me laugh). I'm running a 5/5/36 Madness build. I know a 5 min parse is par and I will add that when I get it done ( I lose track of time so easy). My goal is to reliably pull 2.5-2.7k, are those full 72 numbers? Or should I be hitting that as I am now?

Is my acc. too low?

Is my suge too low?

Thank you in advance for any tips/advice/criticisms.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/87aeeb9f-ba14-4d83-a22a-515cf31f3135

I got this one close to the 5min mark, 4.48...Also no stim and no crit buff

http://www.torparse.com/a/346569

TFB/Dummy

http://www.torparse.com/a/345804

http://www.torparse.com/a/345969

Edited by Cerconus

I need some help from all the Sorcerer ******ery on these forums. I'm seeing 2-2.1k on my parses, but that seems low to me given my gear 69/72. I'm actually not sure where I should be in my current gear. I'm inserting my AMR profile and 2 torparses, one from a 11 min. dummy fight and the other from a TFB SM 8M. Would anyone be kind enough to look at this info and tell me what I may be doing wrong? Any and all responses are welcome, even the trolls/flamers are welcome (they make me laugh). I'm running a 5/5/36 Madness build. I know a 5 min parse is par and I will add that when I get it done ( I lose track of time so easy). My goal is to reliably pull 2.5-2.7k, are those full 72 numbers? Or should I be hitting that as I am now?

Is my acc. too low?

Is my suge too low?

Thank you in advance for any tips/advice/criticisms.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/87aeeb9f-ba14-4d83-a22a-515cf31f3135

I got this one close to the 5min mark, 4.48...Also no stim and no crit buff

http://www.torparse.com/a/346569

TFB/Dummy

http://www.torparse.com/a/345804

http://www.torparse.com/a/345969

Sorry for the semi-late reply, but I looked through your 11min 57sec parse and here is what I noticed.

Your average cast for Death Field was once every 18.3 seconds.

Your average cast for Crushing Darkness was once every 20.5 seconds.

Your % effectiveness for Affliction and Creeping Terror was 82.8%. What this means is that you only had Affliction and Creeping Terror on the target for 82.8% of the time. You let both DoTs fall off and did not re-apply them until about 4 seconds later on average.

* For Death Field and Crushing Darkness get as close to 15 seconds as you possibly can.

*For Affliction and Creeping Terror you want 95% or higher for % effectiveness.

*You missed a lot of attacks so you need to focus on getting to 110% Accuracy.

Before you focus on BiS stats you need to get your rotation right. This is the single most important piece to obtaining the highest dps you can get. Sure gear helps, but your rotation and correct usage of your abilities are way more important.

For instance, for every 5 Death Fields you cast you could have gotten 6 off (about 42dps increase). For every 3 Crushing Darkness you cast you could have gotten 4 off (about 121dps increase). For every 6 Affliction and Creeping Terror you could have gotten 7 off (about 110dps increase)

Doing this and getting your Accuracy to 110% could easily get you to 2500 dps for a 12min parse. This is very good on 69/72 gear for that long of a parse. Also, try to use your cooldowns in conjunction with each other more often. As Madness you should use Polarity Shift with your Relic clicky all the time since they only have a difference of 15 seconds on each others cooldown. Stacking cooldowns is amazing, especially when one does damage and the other does alacrity.

Scrap madness, use this build: 2/16/28

Best DPS of the three specs, that I've seen. (it was at least 200 dps higher than madness for me, with a 10 minute parse)

Rotation is same as the old hybrid build, but you now have Chain Lightning.

Open with DF, cast affliction, force lightning until Wrathed, cast crushing darkness, force lightning until wrathed, lightning strike, then chain lightning.

Ofcourse, that would be ideal rotation. You want DF on CD at all times, same with CD. Always break force lightning once your wrath is up.

As for stats, throw Alacrity away, you need 110% accuracy, and the rest is power. I go with power augments myself, but some swear by WP ones iirc.

Thanks much for the replies. I have slacked on accuracy, but I thought I was close enough to the 110% to make it negligible, I'll get cracking on that. My problem with the dots is two-fold, 1). In boss fights I'm usually so focused on the field that it's hard for me to monitor my dots (I'm working on that deficiency). 2). In most fights I'm horrible at clipping dots, so in trying to remedy that I think I've allowed too much time to pass between fall-off and re-application (i.e. I'll get tunnel vision/comfortability with spamming FL.

It seems I have quite a bit to work on, I just didn't realize it was that bad. In the last couple I have switched it up and integrated into my rotation more, I went Aff-->Relic-->Reck.--->PS--->DF-->CT-->FL (proc) CD....I got a huge burst up to 2400-2500, but I pretty much borked the rotation after that and ended at about 2100, so I'm just going to have to practice more. I guess I just got comfortable/complacent once I started hitting 2k (thought I was a baddass lol). Now it seems like I'm noobsauce lol.

As for switching to the hybrid, I would love to get CL back (I've wanted it back ever since they took it away), but I want to get this Madness down before I change again.

Thank You again for the replies guys, and I may come back here as I re-train to update my progress/ask more questions.

P.S. With the alacrity I've noticed that I never get low on force. I don't know if I'm not supposed to have force issues w/o the alacrity/4set bonus, but it seems like I was always running low before on protracted fights.

Edited by Cerconus

Scrap madness, use this build: 2/16/28

Best DPS of the three specs, that I've seen. (it was at least 200 dps higher than madness for me, with a 10 minute parse)

There has been extensive testing on this matter and no, hybrid is not better than full Lightning or Madness. It is actually about 100 dps behind Madness, which is also behind Lightning on a dummy parse. This is true for both the Lightning based and Madness based hybrids.

There has been extensive testing on this matter and no, hybrid is not better than full Lightning or Madness. It is actually about 100 dps behind Madness, which is also behind Lightning on a dummy parse. This is true for both the Lightning based and Madness based hybrids.

I've read about this as well, so I'll stick with full Madness. Also, Kindran where on the torparse can I find the % effectiveness of aff and CT? I looked at the analysis on the upload but couldn't find the 86% effectiveness.

I'm also trying to split my Reck. charges between DF and 1 FL, is this advisable? I was also thinking my relative infrequency of CD could be waiting on Wrath procs (I'm pretty sure the rule is still only use CD on a wrath proc) and I think I'm using Wrath on LS when I shouldn't (i.e when CD is close to coming of cooldown)

Edited by Cerconus

I've read about this as well, so I'll stick with full Madness. Also, Kindran where on the torparse can I find the % effectiveness of aff and CT? I looked at the analysis on the upload but couldn't find the 86% effectiveness.

I'm also trying to split my Reck. charges between DF and 1 FL, is this advisable? I was also thinking my relative infrequency of CD could be waiting on Wrath procs (I'm pretty sure the rule is still only use CD on a wrath proc) and I think I'm using Wrath on LS when I shouldn't (i.e when CD is close to coming of cooldown)

Pretty sure he just took the delay between your dots (4 seconds) and calculated it himself. 18/22 = 82% roughly.

Yes to the reck charges on DF and 1 FL. Yes only use CD on wrath proc. When you are spamming FL if you don't get a wrath proc on your first two (to use on LS) then just save it for your CD. Not only will this help with your force, but it is safer for your CD timing.

As far as keeping track of your dots - I wasn't very good at it myself until I starting using a tracking program. I highly recommend tor assistant (which is also great for raid leading since it has a timer on it). http://froyosoft.com/torassistant.php

best of luck

Hey Nibbon , I downloaded the torassistant, but couldn't get the dot timer to show up. Is it supposed to be in game on the screen? I got the proc sound to work, but the dot tracker/sound never came up. I went into options, made the keybind the same key I have it on in game, put the name (Affliction), the duration and assigned a sound and nothing.

I'm also running into an 'unhandled exception' error. The first time I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine for a while, but now it just did it again. Have you had this issue/know how to fix it?

Edited by Cerconus

Hey Nibbon , I downloaded the torassistant, but couldn't get the dot timer to show up. Is it supposed to be in game on the screen? I got the proc sound to work, but the dot tracker/sound never came up. I went into options, made the keybind the same key I have it on in game, put the name (Affliction), the duration and assigned a sound and nothing.

I'm also running into an 'unhandled exception' error. The first time I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine for a while, but now it just did it again. Have you had this issue/know how to fix it?

It is just the sound. When you hear the unique sounds that indicates which dot you need to put back up.

Otherwise, make sure your combat log is on - it only works when you are in combat, i think, so that is what it is going off of. That being said - try it on the dummy and keep attacking to make sure you stay in combat and make sure you dont refresh before your timer (18 seconds) ;p

The name doesn't matter since it is just a placeholder for you to remember which dot you assigned to what slot/sound. The last thing is - maybe your sound is off for the program, open up your volume mixer on your sound and make sure it is loud enough :)

Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll post a picture of my settings or something.

OK, I just tried again on the dummy....stayed in combat, upped the sound a little bit and used the the key Aff is actually assigned to, 1, (i usually click). The warning for Wrath proc works like a champ, but nothing from the dot. Also ran into the unhandled exception again and had to reinstall. I had the solo parse up as well and still no joy.

Could the issue be that I don't use MOX?

I'm going to try a fp now, maybe it's because I'm trying on the dummy?

No joy on the fp.....the sound for wrath proc worked but no dot warning

Edited by Cerconus

OK, I just tried again on the dummy....stayed in combat, upped the sound a little bit and used the the key Aff is actually assigned to, 1, (i usually click). The warning for Wrath proc works like a champ, but nothing from the dot. Also ran into the unhandled exception again and had to reinstall. I had the solo parse up as well and still no joy.

Could the issue be that I don't use MOX?

I'm going to try a fp now, maybe it's because I'm trying on the dummy?

No joy on the fp.....the sound for wrath proc worked but no dot warning

I dont understand what you mean by the sound work but no warning when the sound is the warning.

Nibbon I know you just recommend TorAssistant, and probably don't want to here about issues with it, but here are the details from the unhandled exception I've been experiencing. Any idea what this is? It happens when I open the program after I shut it down, in other words it only works when I open it for the first time after I've installed it.

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)

at TorAssistant.MainWindow.timerHotkeyTracker_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

TorAssistant

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/SWTOR/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/MW6QCZRB.0ZV/EE6Q09YR.T69/tora..tion_3aa7f2447025bd09_0001.0000_b95c81a945de90f7/TorAssistant.exe

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Speech

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1009 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1009 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Data

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Cerconus

Ya sorry, I probably didn't articulate well in that last post. Ok, I get the sound for Wrath Proc but not on the dot...That's it in a nutshell.

That's weird, I didn't even know it could notify you about procs :p It makes sense that it could, I just don't need that part of it, I guess and so never looked.

I don't know what your issue is, nor what the unhandled exception is, I do not have that issue, sorry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.