Greetings

Khasalian

Fairly new to the game and looking to roll on this server, and I have some questions. But first a bit of background... I'm a long time Warcraft player and my wife and I played mainly on an RP-PvP server there as Horde, with my main going from Paladin, then Warlock and finally Death Knight. We're heavy RP'ers, love PvP and were getting into raiding and enjoying that until we quit.

So my first question(s) is, how is this server? Is there much world PvP going on? What is the state of the RP like? What's the Republic vs the Empire side like? Is one more heavily populated than the other or are they about equal?

Now my next is more of needing advice. My wife and I are rolling two Sith (Warrior and Inquisitor) to play together, but with limited time, we can't exactly play together much so I'm looking for a main solo toon. Now my issue is, I can't decide between a (Gray) Jedi Knight or a (Lightside) Sith Warrior. Given that I'm primarily used to a Horde Blood Elf Paladin, what do you think would be more fitting, the JK or SW?

Of course it could also be dependent upon if I find any good guilds that operate on one side or another. Speaking of, are there any good, not too large, close knit guilds recruiting newbies to the game?

Any advice on this would be helpful and I'd appreciate any and all information on the state of the server.

Edited by Khasalian

So my first question(s) is, how is this server? Is there much world PvP going on? What is the state of the RP like? What's the Republic vs the Empire side like? Is one more heavily populated than the other or are they about equal?

1.Nice community, low population.

2.Kinda'

3.It's alright, just stay away from the Nar Shaddaa cantina.

4.In PvP it's generally Republic>Empire, in numbers it's Empire>Republic.

Also, greetings, I'm Captain Sibek Korin, i'll be your troll for this ride.

Edited by Vhexit

Server population is "Heavy", which is lower than other servers, but still has a lot of quality activities.

There are guilds that RP "patrols" periodically to provoke world PvP. Majority of them happens on Tatooine. World PvP is more intense during special events in the event area.

Majority of RP takes place in Nar Shadarr. Quality of the RP varies base on opinion. There are also RP focus guilds that do in-house RP.

Empire has greater population. In warzones (battlegrounds), Empire pugs is better than Republic pugs since server transfer opened. Premades vary depending on guilds.

Jedi and Sith only differ in story content. And you can play them however you want, or play both on the same server. There is no cross faction restriction.

Server prime time is around 5PM - 11PM eastern. During these hours, solo que for warzones (battlegrounds) pops within 1 minute, group ques pop within 2 minutes.

There are also a lot of guilds that focus on raiding with casual PvP on the sides. Check Guild Recruitment forum for more info.

Hmm, so all good news then. Now to decide which side I want my main on, since I really want to focus on one toon and get them leveled up... But thanks for the info. Didn't help much on my decision regarding toons, but did assure me that this is the server I want to be on.

• 2 weeks later...
So a further question: I'm wanting to level a Sith Warrior as my main, but my wife (whom has limited time to play) wants to level a healer with me. So is it worth it to level a Sith Juggernaut (with my wife) and make a second character, say, similar name and appearance, and level as a Sith Marauder solo (perhaps saying they are the same character RP wise), or are these two AC's a bit too similar and when combined with the same game story, would it get too repetitive? Or are they different enough to feel like I'm leveling two different classes?

So my first question(s) is, how is this server?

Depends on what you mean really. As expected there will be a few guilds that only focus on PvP and at times that does lead to ganking. However the community itself responds to call for help as soon as we can. One of the best way's were pushing with is a faction wide chat channel like this.

Is there much world PvP going on?

I will answer that with a few links. We got big plans and I feel as our community continues to cooperate it's only going to get bigger and better.

RP-PVP Event: Battle for the Hypermater

Republic Summit Notes

What is the state of the RP like?

RP is unlike RP on PvE servers from my own experience. Most will RP within their own guilds and at times expand to cross faction and intraguild stories. Overall I'd say that is one of the strongest reasons I'm still playing this game or on this server. Here is an example of what to expect for reoccurring weekly RP events.

What's the Republic vs the Empire side like? Is one more heavily populated than the other or are they about equal?

One word, balanced.

Given that I'm primarily used to a Horde Blood Elf Paladin, what do you think would be more fitting, the JK or SW?

Both will feel the same game play wise but if you want it feel closer to home I would recommend being the Grey Jedi. Can't say I've seen any in my own character interactions. Here is also a third option that you can consider. With the option of adaptive gear (Being able to dress similar to opposite factions or other classes) and wield a Vibrosword as a weapon without penalties you could look in to developing a whole new character, such as a force adept, perhaps a trooper who specialized in close combat, etc... The option limits are what you set on yourself. :rak_03:

Of course it could also be dependent upon if I find any good guilds that operate on one side or another. Speaking of, are there any good, not too large, close knit guilds recruiting newbies to the game?

You can always check out the guild recruitment section of the forums for that. And I will use this question to shamelessly plug in Nexu Company. We went through a great deal of revision over the past couple of weeks and are always welcoming to new players interested in joining. We are growing but I was say currently are smaller than other guilds in active numbers. What's most important to us is that you like what you see in the guild and want to be a part of the story lines that play out.

Edited by Srax_Zolak

Depends on what you mean really. As expected there will be a few guilds that only focus on PvP and at times that does lead to ganking. However the community itself responds to call for help as soon as we can. One of the best way's were pushing with is a faction wide chat channel like this.

I will answer that with a few links. We got big plans and I feel as our community continues to cooperate it's only going to get bigger and better.

RP-PVP Event: Battle for the Hypermater

Republic Summit Notes

RP is unlike RP on PvE servers from my own experience. Most will RP within their own guilds and at times expand to cross faction and intraguild stories. Overall I'd say that is one of the strongest reasons I'm still playing this game or on this server. Here is an example of what to expect for reoccurring weekly RP events.

One word, balanced.

Both will feel the same game play wise but if you want it feel closer to home I would recommend being the Grey Jedi. Can't say I've seen any in my own character interactions. Here is also a third option that you can consider. With the option of adaptive gear (Being able to dress similar to opposite factions or other classes) and wield a Vibrosword as a weapon without penalties you could look in to developing a whole new character, such as a force adept, perhaps a trooper who specialized in close combat, etc... The option limits are what you set on yourself. :rak_03:

You can always check out the guild recruitment section of the forums for that. And I will use this question to shamelessly plug in Nexu Company. We went through a great deal of revision over the past couple of weeks and are always welcoming to new players interested in joining. We are growing but I was say currently are smaller than other guilds in active numbers. What's most important to us is that you like what you see in the guild and want to be a part of the story lines that play out.

I will just go ahead and say, yes, all of that. Zolak has everything targeted very well. The most important thing is, if you are looking for a guild, definitely shop. Speak to the leadership of each and find the one that suits you best.

There are definitely guilds that represent a more balanced approach when talking about force users.

Thank you for the welcome. And we're also working on a Jedi Consular/Guardian pair as well... Since we couldn't decide which side to level on, and we have both pairs to level 7 at the moment.

Hah! Awesome! Eventually you'll get enough skills to play with you'll be able to decide.

Until then... enjoy both sides, TRAITOR! :p

Well from playing on my Jedi and Sith both, I find I'm more Grey/Dark on my Jedi, and more Light/Grey on my Sith... I think that kind of says I find the Jedi code a bit too stuffy and it's easier for me to be an honorable Sith eh?

Well from playing on my Jedi and Sith both, I find I'm more Grey/Dark on my Jedi, and more Light/Grey on my Sith... I think that kind of says I find the Jedi code a bit too stuffy and it's easier for me to be an honorable Sith eh?

from an IC perspective there are more belief systems than just the Jedi adn the Sith =)

Sran'ishor ( Carnage | Annihilation ) | Sraníshor ( Vengeance | Immortal )

Just noticed, do you have the same character as both a Sith Marauder and Sith Juggernaut? I was thinking of doing the same thing with my Sith Warrior... How did it work out for you?