How to beat Sniper and Vig/Veng Jug/gdin in 1v1 and duels? as Scoundrel DPS

Zackmack

How do we beat Sniper and Vig/Veng Jug/guardian in 1v1 and duels?

as a Scoundrel DPS and as a Operative DPS?

can the Scoundrel/OP DPS "off heal" from "Hots" and big heals the dps from Sniper

then start dpsing back at the Sniper or Vig/veng jug/guardin

like say "Feral" druids do in WoW? like dps - dps - when half hp - heal up with HoTs and maybe cast heal

- then dps some more? as a Scoundrel DPS and as a Operative DPS?

There hasn't been a sniper I can't just run up to in Scrapper spec and remove 50-60% of his HP before he can even react. I usually try to root people when Dirty Kick wears off because they will try to roll or knock you back. Just cleanse if he roots you and use your ranged abilities on your way back to him. Defensive probe should last you long enough to reach him. I usually try using Flash Grenade before I decide to vanish. Attempt to heal when he is flashed and if he uses CC breaker then just dodge + vanish. You can eat food and wait a bit or you can sap him depending on where his resolve is at. Heal up then burn the rest of his health.

The Scrapper's greatest defense is denying an enemy up-time during combat. In a duel you aren't pressed for time. No reason to burn down the enemy as fast as possible. Use your time in stealth or time when an enemy is CC'd to get back your cooldowns and heal up. Escape is also a very good way to wait out someone's defensive cds. If there are places to LoS you can get off some heals by rooting enemies around corners. Scoundrel has tons of mobility and CC; be creative.

My usual rotation is Shoot First (FR), Blaster Whip, Dirty Kick, Sabo charge, Back Blast (FR), Root. With the alacrity passive in Scrapper tree you should be able to get Blaster Whip and Dirty Kick off before Knockdown from Shoot First wears off; Popping pugnacity after you open up should also ensure you get Dirty Kick off in time. Depending on their reaction I'll throw in Vital Shot , especially if they plan to kite or run, or a Sucker Punch.

Edited by Gren-Aluren

Just make sure you don't Shoot first and then dirty kick them in a warzone, cos if you do that, you just white barred them and they will use cc break and your ****ed.

Duel skills are pointless. The only time they are remotely useful are for trying to solo a node. But in the Above example you guaranteed that they will not be cc'able before their reinforcements arrive.