2 OP healers, Marauder, Jugg will be the new RMP of Arena's

Odyseus

I'm afraid this will be the cookie cutter composition of 4x4 arena's. With this team, they have the most defensive cooldowns, leaps, guard, with great burst DPS. I just don't see how any can compete with healer melee combo's in such a closed area. This game is designed so that ranged is only effective if no one notices them, once Melee notices you it's all down hill from there.. In WOW, I could tank Melee classes with my Warlock, have lots of CC and defensive cooldowns with my Mage. Unless there's a major re balance of the game mechanics (Which there won't be) this is going to be like ranked but only worse in terms of what classes will be optimal for success.

RMPs a second tier comp at best right now. It was only really the best comp in the game for a season and a half in wrath, if I remember right.

I doubt double healer with a tank will get a kill on any tank/healer team. I could see teams easily losing even with 2 healers without a tank. Especially with operative healers, because they don't have an actual defensive like barrier. Things without guard usually damage spike a lot, meaning healing (especially op healing) is reactionary and someone could spike into execute range and a healer won't be able to save them. There's no oh **** button like lifeswap or spirit link in this game.

Any team without a second cleanse will have to get a kill pretty fast, because their healer is probably just going to be cc chained into the ground. Only sorcs and sages can deal with CC chains, because of their second break in barrier.

I doubt double OP healer, marauder, tank jug will be a very good comp, but that's just theorycrafting.

You do know that the 30m and 10m leap both make the next smash an autocrit right?

They could always another. Maybe in addition to 9% extra damage after Smash they could have a 25% increased crit chance on Scream? that should help them out a bit.

I feel it's going to be 2 DPS 2 healers

1 healer is too easy to lock down, all you need are some interrupts.

1 DPS isn't enough to kill anything decent

One could be an op healer, possible a sorc if not a second op for the barrier. Could hold off burst on the sorc.

As for DPS, you could go for maybe 1 smash. Depends on how people play these maps. Too early to tell atm. Wait for PTS!

I feel it's going to be 2 DPS 2 healers

1 healer is too easy to lock down, all you need are some interrupts.

1 DPS isn't enough to kill anything decent

One could be an op healer, possible a sorc if not a second op for the barrier. Could hold off burst on the sorc.

As for DPS, you could go for maybe 1 smash. Depends on how people play these maps. Too early to tell atm. Wait for PTS!

no tank? rofl... that's worse than both of the things above

• 4 weeks later...

Forget the actuall "balance", they'll have to re-do all balance work to 4v4. Two melee in a sage kill it fast. They'll have to re-scale powers and other stuff.

I hate arenas, but this will be good, to show how screwd the balance is

I think its a bit early to tell what classes will work for arenas because I have this feeling they will touch up balance with 2.4. I mean you cant have a 'pvp' patch without a little work towards balance.

Lol never happen buddy.

Yep 3 Deception and an Op healer, other teams healer would die instantly during stun from stealth with or without guard, then cloak switch targets and game over.

^ this but with only the "best skilled players"

the end. end of thread.

Though group ranked is open role, I'm hoping they TRY to match you up with a group of the same composition. Though it may or may not matter., we'll find out this weekend.

Yep 3 Deception and an Op healer, other teams healer would die instantly during stun from stealth with or without guard, then cloak switch targets and game over.

Sage Heals, 2 Mandos, VG Tank. Sage forcequakes ground beneath, other 3 scan and AOE around to find you. Once found, Net and burn forcing your heals to come out of stealth or go down 3v4. Lots of mobility on this team as well that will help prevent backstabs if you ever get a full skirmish.