I'm sorry Bioware, but this is my opinion on SWTOR and why I'm unsubscribing.

PunisherAS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nailed it. The "I want it now and I deserve it now!" crowd won't ever be happy. If they are given all that they seek today, 3 months down the road it will be new moaning over what they don't have.

Both posts spot on imo...

"CM sucks...I pay a sub I should have all the fluff and vanity items for free..."

"Part of your sub provides a stipend of coins that you can use to purchase all of the fluff and vanity items without needing to spend any more cash than your sub fee"

"CM sucks...everything I want costs 2-3 months worth of coin stipend...."

"Well why not save them up"

"I want it all now...CM sucks...."

If it's not that it's "I have more free time than you so I'm more important and I want all content gated behind a massive time sink so that only I and the select few who have as much free time as me can feel superior"....or..."I have a bowcaster as part of an ingame reward...remove bowcasters from the game now BW so no one else can have one...I am the only one who deserves them and should you let anyone else have them it deminishes my hard work and achievements...."

Driz

Yeah, because MMOs really thrive on static, scripted content with a generally short lifespan.

Probably the most hilarious comment I've seen for a long time.

There's never been successful MMOs in the past or present that are PvE centric? They've all been supported and underpinned by PvPers?

I mean seriously. You seriously think that?

I mean

Seriously...

:D

Edited by Hessen

Probably the most hilarious comment I've seen for a long time.

There's never been successful MMOs in the past or present that are PvE centric? They've all been supported and underpinned by PvPers?

I mean seriously. You seriously think that?

I mean

Seriously...

:D

I think he was responding to the quote in his sig

So, what's the problem?

Nothing. I'm smart. No need to point out the obvious.

He was disagreeing with the quote that says that PvEers are more important than PvPers.

Because what Bananamuffin is sooooo true on so many levels...

:rolleyes:

The raid schedule is on par with other games I guess. I'm not okay with recycled flashpoints from launch. When WoW does it, it's becuase they're requested fan favorites on the forums. I don't think anyone was clamoring for a 25% chance to run Mandalorian Raiders every day.

Take a look at EVE online.

A strange comparison.

EVE is and was from the very beginning advertised as a fully PvP game. Everything in that game is considered PvP, even competing for asteroids or NPC-pirates (rats). People are doing "market pvp" without ever firing a shot or boarding a ship.

There is no raid and no instance game in EVE at all. EVE is as far away from "classic" MMOs as is ever possible (slight irony here, as EVE is significantly older than most classic MMOs)

SWTOR did put a lot of emphasis on the PvE part from the very start with making storytelling one of their base pillars of game design. Other games take different approaches. LOTRO for example is alive without any pvp. WAR is almost non-existant and was blamed to be a "fail" by many fans... even though it did take the only-pvp approach and lured the die-hard PvPers in.

Ironically the game StarWARS:the old republic (empahsis on the Wars) in my opinion could ineed survive without the PvP aspect, but would be pretty much non-existant without the PvE aspect.

By that I am not saying that PvP should be neglected to much, but I agree, that the focus is rightfully placed on the PvE aspect.

In your fit of intelligence, you informed people that it is OK for the OP to post this thread. Is that not stating the obvious?

This needed to be posted with their complaining about a guy who's just giving an honest, constructive thought on SWTOR. They just have a problem it's negative.

A strange comparison.

EVE is and was from the very beginning advertised as a fully PvP game. Everything in that game is considered PvP, even competing for asteroids or NPC-pirates (rats). People are doing "market pvp" without ever firing a shot or boarding a ship.

There is no raid and no instance game in EVE at all. EVE is as far away from "classic" MMOs as is ever possible (slight irony here, as EVE is significantly older than most classic MMOs)

SWTOR did put a lot of emphasis on the PvE part from the very start with making storytelling one of their base pillars of game design. Other games take different approaches. LOTRO for example is alive without any pvp. WAR is almost non-existant and was blamed to be a "fail" by many fans... even though it did take the only-pvp approach and lured the die-hard PvPers in.

Ironically the game StarWARS:the old republic (empahsis on the Wars) in my opinion could ineed survive without the PvP aspect, but would be pretty much non-existant without the PvE aspect.

By that I am not saying that PvP should be neglected to much, but I agree, that the focus is rightfully placed on the PvE aspect.

Well thats what happens when you make a casual game...you focus on the pve content because obviously there are more pve'rs than pvpers, but still, if this game completely removed pvp, it would still survive, although a lot of people will leave. How many people play LOTRO?

I think Bioware should be nice to pvp a bit more.

But I think PvPers should be treated as equally as PvEers, and I mentiioned EVE online because EVE is becoming more successfull as it has a lot more focus on pvp content. But then again eve is a sandbox, not a themepark.

Edited by Ayelinna

But I think PvPers should be treated as equally as PvEers, and I mentiioned EVE online because EVE is becoming more successfull as it has a lot more focus on pvp content. But then again eve is a sandbox, not a themepark.

PvPers are humans like PvEers are so obviously they should be treated as equals.

Their desires however should be weighted by their impact on the games revenue. I do not know any numbers, but if pure PvP players are outnumbered 10:1 by pure PvE players, then the economical choice would be to also weight the desires of PvE-players 10 times as high as the desires of PvP-players. (for simplicity reasons, I left out people who are playing both, which most likely is the wide majority... I do not claim to be able to make a market analysis in a coffee break but it is enough to show the way economists think and make decisions.)

And as for EVE being more successfull... a lot of number crunchers are calling SWTOR a failure based solely on subscription numbers... which are higher for SWTOR than for EVE (I know this is a flawed way to look at success... EVE did survive on a hard battled market for over a decade and is growing ever since... but it is ultimately a niche game)

Edited by JPryde

A strange comparison.

A duno since when you are out of eve but there raid like instances called incursions for 10 to 40 people.

NO offense just an update what they added to eve in the last years.

A duno since when you are out of eve but there raid like instances called incursions for 10 to 40 people.

NO offense just an update what they added to eve in the last years.

When I left EVE, you could still scan the people in incursions and jump on top of them with your enemy fleet to wipe them out.

That is not what I call instance... and instance is the wookiee-poodoo that came with WoW and basically scattered the whole comunity into thousands of pockets where NOONE could enter if they were not in the group.

I'm still waiting for another MMO to catch my interest. It's lean out there. Good thing is, I have maybe half the time in the summer to play I do the rest of the year.

If either TESO or WS don't come out as planned, I think I'm done with MMOs for a bit. They're going too casual and catering to much for such a horrible model and PvE play style.

:(