Will Alacrity and Focus/Rage ever be addressed?

Dawginole

At the Dallas Cantina event it was mentioned by a dev that they knew the issue with alacrity and focus/rage and that right now it was of no real benefit because it did not A) help recover ability points faster since the JK/Warrior must earn their points; and B) speeding up the damage output was not valuable when the pool of ability points is not increased, i.e. your just spending points faster.

The dev told me that the idea behind alacrity and the JK/Warrior was to create a type of gearing sub-class like a berzerker that through gearing would have a slightly lower dmg output, but the speed to which dmg was expressed would allow it to maintain current dps levels. So basically this would just create an alternate new and fun way to play the class.

So since apparently the PvP team is in charge of class balance, I'm asking in here if this will ever be addressed in the near future? I think a "berzerker" style Sent, especially in the Combat spec would be a blast to play.

alacrity reducing global cooldown on abilities with 1.5sec or lower cast (including instant) is the same as an increase to energy regen for warriors and knights...

you gain focus/rage when using abilities - alacrity makes a series of abilities activate quicker

spamming your basic attack 10% faster is exactly the same as 10% faster regen

alacrity reducing global cooldown on abilities with 1.5sec or lower cast (including instant) is the same as an increase to energy regen for warriors and knights...

you gain focus/rage when using abilities - alacrity makes a series of abilities activate quicker

It's no use, I've already tried explaining this to everyone plenty of times and nobody listens. None of the other classes gain resource when they attack like mara/jugg, but what do we know. :rolleyes:

Remember you are talking to smash-monkeys, you need to draw them a picture ....

Alacrity works for warriors in exactly the same way as everyone else, even better I dare say since for a slinger/commando/vanguard going from 0 energy to max energy takes about 20 seconds of basic attack only while for warriors/knights it takes half that.

Edited by SajPl

Remember you are talking to smash-monkeys, you need to draw tchem a picture ....

Alacrity works for warriors in exactly the same way as everyone else, even better I dare say since for a slinger/commando/vanguard going from 0 energy to max energy takes about 20 seconds of basic attack only while for warriors/knights it takes half that.

I understand this. the practical effect on a smasher is that it reduces his gcd because resource management is a complete joke. I'm no pro smasher, but I'm NEVER resource starved. smash, crush, scream, dispatch...they are all available the millisecond that they're off cd. I never have to worry about generating enough rage to use them. this is based off of my jugg. I've managed to avoid focus on the sent. and since I'm not handicapped by resources and reducing the gcd won't reduce individual ability CDs, I'm still not sure how alac would be of any value to a smasher. but...alas...I have little interest in playing the class i the first place.

edit: I do notice resources (or lack thereof) for watchman and combat specs. in those, there are abils that I want to pull off that I may need to auto attack once to generate enough focus.

Edited by foxmob

• 3 weeks later...
Remember you are talking to smash-monkeys, you need to draw tchem a picture ....

I guess you'll need to draw Eric and two other devs I talked to about this at the Dallas cantina event a picture as well since they all told me the purpose of alacrity on Knights was to produce a "berzerker" type option for gearing and that it was not working as intended. Whether or not resource management is working as intended was only a portion of my OP. Maybe I could break that down for you in a pie chart.