Jump is still broken

Ayelinna

Jump is still bugged for me, but seemingly at random. Sometimes a character's jump animation will work fine, other times it's still bugged. It seems to go back and forth whenever I zone a character (or die), but I haven't thoroughly tested this to be sure.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it doesn't "actually" effect gameplay, but it really ticks me off. It's kinda like, "Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you? Does this bug you?... " Ad nauseam.

I'm having the problem with alternating version of the jump. Sometimes it works properly, other times not.

But, for me it's more than cosmetic. When the jump is "with weapons" form, the jump mechanic itself is also somewhat off. Specifically when jumping from a standstill....

I hit the spacebar/forward buttons almost simultaneously. This propels my character forward in a jump. When the jump is acting wonky and I hit these two keys the same way, my character jumps straight up with little or no forward motion.

If I hit the "forward" key substantially before the jump key, then I get the forward momentum jump. But it's quite unreliable as I haven't yet mastered this new method. And it's only "sometimes" that it's needed.

I post this because I see many comments on how this bug is only cosmetic. Actually it's more than that. At least for me. This is on all my characters.

Edited by HassoTheBoxhead

• 3 months later...

I have noticed this bug as well.. Funny thing is a quit the game back just after the original 1.2 patch got bored and just came back less than a month ago.

Seems to me they need to start throwing away old code so they don't reintroduce bugs that existed during beta or before back into the game like this one.