The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need some advice

osiristhegod

:confused:I recently got back on SWTOR after being away for a couple of months and when i came back i wasn't in my guild anymore. Finally after a couple of weeks i got in touch with the GM and he said he would talk it over with the other guildies to see if i could comeback but they all said no because they said i had betrayed them by not telling them bye. What do i do please i could use some help

its not uncommon for guilds to remove accounts for inactivity in mmos. what I have done in those I had the authority to do is make a inactive guild member rank with absolutely no authorizations to guild bank and etc. what you can only do is speak in guild chat. that way if an account is sold or hacked there is no worry about theft. I then leave them in the guild.

the typical inactive period is 30 days for most guilds fyi.

Edited by uniz

At least this time you can't blame Bioware. It's those darned finicky players who actually expected you to contribute. You walked out on them and now you want help. OK: Here it is. Consider this a learning experience. Find another guild and ask, ahead of time, if there is any policy regarding leaving SW for any length of time. This happens a lot and many guilds must have experienced players who quit for a time. A big guild may not care, but a small one may be precarious enough that every member counts.

The guild I am in has a cull of inactive memembers every few weeks, because we are always near the guild member cap, and the chaps that run the guild don't like not being able to recruit. Sometimes we do have to shut down recruitment for a while because of the member cap. So culling members is viewed as an unfortunate necessity.

In our case, however, former members are always let back in if they return, provided there is room. Guess you weren't so lucky.

But you know, a short "I'm going away for a bit" message to one of the officers wouldn't have hurt. There is a spot on our guild forum specifically for people to do this. They were more upset that you went without saying goodbye than just at your leaving, it would seem, and it wouldn't have killed you to say something.

What do you do? Find another guild, as it would seem they have already made their minds up.

Edited by PLynkes