Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[Ranked PvP Video] ID vs Squad Six (POT5)

Aluvi

http://youtu.be/EpSQ68m6RHA

Original quality is 1440p.. if you have a monitor capable of 1440p. I have been recording most of our matches that I am in, have games going up from ID vs I AM LEGEND, Slackers, WAR, The Watchmen, S-Key, and more, all coming soon in glorious 1440p HD.

I am going to say it before you all do - yes I am terrible and I should probably have one of my hands cut off to prevent me from playing video games and making videos out of them. Go ahead and flame away, it's what you do best.

**New video up: http://youtu.be/exJ2pDDXgZQ ID vs I AM LEGEND Novarre Coast.

Edited by Aluvi

Yea you're bad and should have your hands cut off! :) haha jk. I think its funny how people say "yawn silly smasher" when really, it does take skill to get numbers like that. I saw one with u guys on novare coast with that announcer guy with the strong accent making fun of T-elos for being AP then eating his words at the end. Say hi to Som and Jack for me. Keep the vids comin, it keeps me from falling asleep on slow nights at work :D Edited by Lafay

Original quality is 1440p.. if you have a monitor capable of 1440p. I have been recording most of our matches that I am in, have games going up from ID vs I AM LEGEND, Slackers, WAR, The Watchmen, S-Key, and more, all coming soon in glorious 1440p HD.

Dont know much about Mara playstyle so I cant comment on that.

However,

I have to say that it is not very entertaining to watch, for me it just looks like AoE'ing allover the place. I would suggest that instead of publishing all these vids (which I guess will essentially be all the same really), find some scenes where you play exceptionally well and that distinguish you from other, common players (not talking about those solo 1v1 vids).

And please use scenes in which you keep in motion , standing there over and over again for like 0.5 sec makes it hard to watch

If I wasn't lazy I would find all the posts this person made saying Anni was viable for ranked post 2.0, but the person above me summed it up with the Yawn.

When in the world did I EVER say Annihilation would be viable post 2.0? Anni hasn't really been viable in ages. Think you have me confused with someone else.

Yea you're bad and should have your hands cut off! :) haha jk. I think its funny how people say "yawn silly smasher" when really, it does take skill to get numbers like that. I saw one with u guys on novare coast with that announcer guy with the strong accent making fun of T-elos for being AP then eating his words at the end. Say hi to Som and Jack for me. Keep the vids comin, it keeps me from falling asleep on slow nights at work :D

Ah good old Shadowlanders :). Thanks man, I will give them a 'sup from Lafayette. Have a whooole lot more vids coming, no worries there. T-elos makes any spec look good in PvP, just one of the best players, period.

do u even carnage

Yes. In Civil War, Huttball, Ancient Hypergates, and on Voidstar defense (if I am the only Marauder). Demelain and I discussed the merits of Carnage for Voidstar defense, and basically we feel that not only is it an inferior dps spec to Rage due to the clumped up nature that tends to happen in Voidstar, plus it also screws over your 2nd Marauder (can't build fury while predation is active). Don't worry, I have plenty of Carnage videos. They will be uploaded.

What are your system specs? My game doesn't run anywhere near that smooth in a warzone.

This PC was a winter build (December I believe) from 2011, so it is getting a bit dated now. The FPS shown in this video is actually super low for me, because Youtube re-encodes the video for 25 FPS, and due to storage, I only record in 30 fps. Specs are as follows:

i7 2700k, OC @ 4.9 GHZ on air with Hyper 212 Evo Air cooler

16GB 1800 Mhz G.Skill RAM

ASRock Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard

2x GTX 570 w/ 2GB Video Ram each (was 3x, sold one, likely upgrading to 2x 780s soon)

128 GB Crucial SSD (OS + SWTOR Disk)

512 GB Crucial SSD (Other games & Apps)

1 TB Western Digital generic storage drive

Overlord Tempest X270OC 27", 1440P Monitor, Overclocked to 120hz (If you are looking for the best gaming monitor available, get one of these when Overlord has them in stock - best $554 I have ever spent. http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-displays)

Razer Deathstalker keyboard

Steelseries MMO gaming mouse

Crappy Wal-Mart Logitech headphones (next upgrade will be here)

Dont know much about Mara playstyle so I cant comment on that.

However,

I have to say that it is not very entertaining to watch, for me it just looks like AoE'ing allover the place. I would suggest that instead of publishing all these vids (which I guess will essentially be all the same really), find some scenes where you play exceptionally well and that distinguish you from other, common players (not talking about those solo 1v1 vids).

And please use scenes in which you keep in motion , standing there over and over again for like 0.5 sec makes it hard to watch

It may look like I just randomly pick someone and say "DERP SMASH", but every move is highly calculated, and the other DPS and I are all calling targets and switching on our primary focus fires command (otherwise nothing would die). Every video, every warzone in general, is quite different in my opinion, and Carnage lends a much more "fast paced" and "mobile" playstyle, so you may like those games where I play it better. I'm not trying to say "This is the most epic, amazing WZ, EVER!". No. Those warzones that I get say, 2 million + damage and 2k+ dps, for one, will not happen in ranked, which is all that I record now, and two, do not really represent how high level PvP gameplay really is. Those insane games come about more as a result of who you get thrown against in a random game (ideally 4-5 sages that all heal circle jerk each other), versus the actual teamwork and solid play of a ranked game.

As for "using scenes where I keep in motion", if you watch, if I am not moving, it is because I am either rooted, CCed, or stunned, or rarely, I am in a good position that I do not want to move from to avoid getting knocked away in an unfavorable direction. If you play high level ranked PvP as a melee, this is how the gameplay is. Stun Wars: The Smash Republic comes to mind. If I am allowed to run around without roots, slows, CCs, and stuns.. basically being stunned any time I am not full resolve, then the other team is not doing a good job.

Great sound track on this did anyone die in that game hehe :D

Thanks! Picking music for vids is the hardest part. Our highest kill # was 56. On Voidstar defense, ranked teams purposefully have anyone that can heal or tank go that spec, which usually leaves very little dps output. The idea is to stalemate the other team - no one dies on either side, and this gives the best chance of preventing a door from being capped in Voidstar. Also, kills do not aid in the warzone objective very much on Defense, so that is why we go this route. But yeah, on offense, we definitely were killing people.

Appreciate the comments and the views! I am happy to answer any questions, as long as it doesn't go too deep into our strats.

Edited by Aluvi

Thats a pretty sweet monitor. How much video card power ya think ill need to run this ...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/25/seiki-launches-39-inch-4k-tv-for-699/

?

I don't think I'd use it for a monitor, but each to their own. The main draw of my monitor is that it is an IPS panel, which is a HUGE increase in picture quality vs. standard TN panels, plus it being overclockable to 120hz. I would think SLI 780s would handle it, but don't expect to see the highest fps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.