Painfully slow loading screens

damagedhalo

My loading screens start out at about 20 sec....then after about 30 min go to 30 sec, then after about an hour 45sec to 1min. If I try to switch instances it takes anywhere from 45sec to 2 full min. Every other aspect of the game works great...good FPS, pings, etc....No lag in battle...or in the field.

It just takes forever when there is a load screen or instance swap needed. Any ideas what causes this, and if there is a fix for it? I have seen a few other threads about this but never any replies. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

My loading screens start out at about 20 sec....then after about 30 min go to 30 sec, then after about an hour 45sec to 1min. If I try to switch instances it takes anywhere from 45sec to 2 full min. Every other aspect of the game works great...good FPS, pings, etc....No lag in battle...or in the field.

It just takes forever when there is a load screen or instance swap needed. Any ideas what causes this, and if there is a fix for it? I have seen a few other threads about this but never any replies. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

I play on a laptop, and my load times for Hoth are about 4 minutes, Tatooine 3.5 minutes, and Alderaan about 3.5 minutes. From what I've been told, it's a harddrive thing. SSD's have absolutely NO issues loading large planets, whereas your standard HDD fare, takes longer. Couple that with tired graphics card, and 4gigs of ram, and you end up with my loading times. I'm looking forward to finishing my tower in the next couple of months.

It's not just HDD speed that impacts loading screen as video drivers can impact it as well. I have pretty much top of the line gaming rig with SSDs and my loading screens were getting horrible over the past several patches (since 2.0 i think). I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers from July 1st and now literally all the load screens are back to lightning fast speeds. I don't think even tatooine takes longer than 25s to load now, where as before it took a few minutes.

It's not just HDD speed that impacts loading screen as video drivers can impact it as well. I have pretty much top of the line gaming rig with SSDs and my loading screens were getting horrible over the past several patches (since 2.0 i think). I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers from July 1st and now literally all the load screens are back to lightning fast speeds. I don't think even tatooine takes longer than 25s to load now, where as before it took a few minutes.

Hmm, that's interesting. I have noticed that I'll be loaded into a planet really quickly, but it will still take a while longer before the loading screen goes away. I know this because the splash screen is slightly off center, and I can see a pixel line across the left of my screen. If I move the camera around, or spin my character during the loading screen I can see that the world is there, spinning with it, but the loading screen is still there.