100% Exp Unlock

Throw the F2P guys another (optional) bone. Add a 100% Exp Unlock to the Cartel Market, with options for either a single character or account-wide unlock.

Thoughts?

is that the xp-rate difference between subscribers and F2P?

I know there's a difference but is it really that big?

EDIT" think I misunderstood it, subscribers have 100% xp rate while F2P have lower then 100%, could be 50%-60% don't know.

And yes, I do think F2P players should be able to purchase an unlock that gives them the same xp-rate as the Subscribers have.

Edited by Mcdarktits

So it takes a Exp Boost just to get the ~normal amount of Exp for them. Pretty brutal. I think a permanent full Exp Unlock would be a very good investment.

indeed that is brutal, while Subscribers can use their 25% boost to get even more xp, F2P's have to use the item just to get the normal xp-rate...

I think something like that should be in the CM

/signed

indeed that is brutal, while Subscribers can use their 25% boost to get even more xp, F2P's have to use the item just to get the normal xp-rate...

I think something like that should be in the CM

/signed

you basically stated the solution to their problem, they can buy xp boosts from the GTN

you basically stated the solution to their problem, they can buy xp boosts from the GTN

Why should they have to constantly pay just to get the normal amount of Exp? That completely defeats the purpose & is the opposite "solution" to what I originally suggested.

The experience a subscriber gets for their monthly fee is a benefit of being a subscriber. If this was placed on the CM as an unlock for F2P it would make crazy business sense for BioWare / EA as one of the main benefits of paying a monthly fee would be removed as subscribers could unsub, purchase the unlock (even 5000 CC is roughly just 3 months subscription), and get the 100% exp essentially for "free" the rest of the year and BioWare / EA would miss out on nine months subs.

This is based on the assumption that the unlock would cost 5000 CC and most subscribers would see yet another subscriber bonus being removed and vote with their credit cards by ending subscriptions.

In other words, this would potentially be financial suicide for the game.

Hey, OP you can already do that. It's called XP boosts. 25% increase to whatever you are doing in game. If you are at 75% now you can get to 100%. It comes in two forms: 1 hour and 3 hours long. It pauses itself when you are in a conversation and if you log out of game. So really it actually lasts longer than what the description says.

As a subscriber I have been thinking that I would like a boost that mimics the double XP weekend but I am sure that is asking for too much. Though if it were tied to legacy level.....

As a subscriber I have been thinking that I would like a boost that mimics the double XP weekend but I am sure that is asking for too much. Though if it were tied to legacy level.....

I like that idea, and it only applies to one toon . I think a lot of people will buy it with coins , if it has that Op . Money maker