The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pay 2 WIN!!

I understand if this comes across as contravertial, I tend to be, I'm not trawling for an argument either, hear me out first please..

I would like to see TOP end (UItimate Gear) available fully modded on the Cartel Market to buy.

My argument for this is:

I, like many other like minded Star Wars TOR fans and players work for a living, I personally work Friday to Monday over the weekend, so don't benefit from Double XP weekends event, or have the time to play as much I'd like as I also have a family, I would love to play everyday, believe me, I would love too but can't, Real Life stuff takes priority over gaming.

However I would very much like to have my toon(s) at the top end of his/their game, and able, when I can do the runs, stand half a chance of surviving, I'm a tank and tend not to like PUG groups as DPS folk can be rather nasty at times, and do what they want to do rather than listen to the tank and medic in the group, after all we're keeping you from being wiped..

So in order for us to ensure we're at the top of our game and able to look after said players, but don't have the time to run ops and FP's daily, I personally would like to see more choice on the Market, I would like to see all the TOP END gear available and weapons for all classes fully modded available to buy with real money.

I understand this doesn't necessarily make me a better player as I need to know the rotations and actual FP/OP tactics, but at least I'd be partly prepared.

Like I said this is my opinion and won't be liked by others, but there you go, just an idea. Pay 2 WIN, Yes Please..

If you don't have that much time to play, tell me for WHAT exactly would you need underworld Gear? Underworld is for playing Nightmare operations and getting Kell-Dragon Gear wich will allow you to jump instantly into HC-Mode of the next Operation. You can do every storymode and FP even without Arkanian Gear.

Simple as that, you do not want to invest time but want to have "Top End" gear (wich is not underworld btw) but even if you have that gear you would not be able to use it properly because you don't have the time. Either Troll or just not checking the meaning of a Themepark MMO. If you can just buy your gear you can stop playing all along. Endgame is either getting better gear to face some challenges where you have to invest a lot of time (current Nightmare mods are awesome!) or PvP where you have to invest time to learn the whole class-balance mechanic 101 to stand your ground.

If you don't have that much time to play, tell me for WHAT exactly would you need underworld Gear? Underworld is for playing Nightmare operations and getting Kell-Dragon Gear wich will allow you to jump instantly into HC-Mode of the next Operation. You can do every storymode and FP even without Arkanian Gear.

Simple as that, you do not want to invest time but want to have "Top End" gear (wich is not underworld btw) but even if you have that gear you would not be able to use it properly because you don't have the time. Either Troll or just not checking the meaning of a Themepark MMO. If you can just buy your gear you can stop playing all along. Endgame is either getting better gear to face some challenges where you have to invest a lot of time (current Nightmare mods are awesome!) or PvP where you have to invest time to learn the whole class-balance mechanic 101 to stand your ground.

This exactly. /ENDTHREAD

buy hypercrates or whatever else that sells, sell on gtn.

use that money to buy crafted ultimate gear off gtn

no need for bioware to get directly involved.

No set bonuses, but those arent that hard to get

Hmm, an idea, thanks,

The only problem here is the hypercrates tend to be like packs, they are a lottery, and occasionaly don't sell for much,

so as the previous person said longer grind kinda aspect.

The cost of Crafted Ultimate gear is silly, I get it, MATS are needed, some pieces found specifically in the FP's and OP's, other pieces take a long time to accumulate, once you get there if your lucky your have enough for 1 mod, alternatively pay a Million per MOD., 3 mods per armour piece, £3 mil per armour, 6 pieces of moddable armour, total 18million, emmmm... kinda long way off ever having that amount of creds.

Sorry, who has that kinda cash, as I said, time is the problem here, I'm a part time player and there are many of us, some of us tend to move away from the game as we cannot get the things we need to participate effectively, some folk may say well Good riddance, can't play then, bye then, to those I'll just say, Well have fun queuing then...

It's a personal thing, I love this game, I'd love to play more, can't, in order to be an effective player in groups, I need the top end gear for starters,. if I can't get it, then I don't participate in groups as a much needed tank.

I get It some folk might say well have fun then, but if I'm willing to PAY, why can't I have the option too?

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

This exactly. /ENDTHREAD

Who mentioned Underworld, not me,

I get it, your quiet an angry person, hence the tone,

I'd like to do nightmare mode believe me, yes I'd like to get the dragon gear, your talking way ahead of this, I mentioned ultimate gear, the bits you buy from venders on fleet, not the other stuff.

Read before you rant!!

I meant this guy, Read before you rant mate, It's my opinion and an idea for those of us who'd pay to win, i.e. buy ULTIMATRE GEAR!!! those bought from vendors on fleet, not drops from FP's and OP's...

Just been onto the venders,

and YES I mean buy the Underworld gear, so I can rip the mods out and put them into the armour I want.

You seem to have a problem with this...

I'd like to spend my RL hard worked for cash on buying it directly from the market..

My idea, my opinion..

and registered on the correct forum. thanks.

Point is... you don't need ultimate gear (any kind) if you arnt doing Ops.

Would like to do them though!! would like to think I'd last five minutes on Nightmare mode...

If not what level gear would you need to stand a chance..

just asking. thanks..

I meant this guy, Read before you rant mate, It's my opinion and an idea for those of us who'd pay to win, i.e. buy ULTIMATRE GEAR!!! those bought from vendors on fleet, not drops from FP's and OP's...

No offense, but it seems to me that you are the one ranting without reading..

Bottom line is, if you don't have time to play an MMO then perhaps a game that demands some much time isn't a good choice for you..

Pay to win is a bad idea in any form.. Winning should come from effort and not how many credits or Cartel coins you have.. If you want the ultimate gear, then you need to take the time to earn it.. Be it PVP or PVE.. There is just no way around it..

Also, in one of the post above, a valid point was made that you ignored.. If you don't have time to play, why do you need the ultimate gear or top end gear?? Do you think that having the top end gear will just automatically make you able to run top end content?? It takes more than gear to succeed at top end content.. For PVE it takes practice and knowing the fights.. It takes team work and knowing how to perform your role and perform it well.. Same with PVP.. A battle hardened veteran will still defeat you with ease, even if your gear is better.. So having the gear is just part of the equation.. There is a reason people start at Story mode and work their way up.. For you to want to just buy your gear and walk into nightmare, without having the experience of SM and HM, you would be a liability for your group and your group would be smart to simply not take you along.. Again, this is just how it is.. Nobody buys a pilot uniform and then jumps into the cockpit of a plane.. There is training involved.. Well.. Here we call it grinding.. Earning your stripes and the right to walk into a NM op with a group..

No offense.. But your idea is just a bad one.. Sorry.. Pay to win is just a bad idea all the way around.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Would like to do them though!! would like to think I'd last five minutes on Nightmare mode...

If not what level gear would you need to stand a chance..

just asking. thanks..

How can you expect to do Nightmare Ops if you don't have the time? You NEED time, nightmare ops arnt quick runs. If your short on time don't even bother...

Ok Ok I take the hint.... PAY 2 WIN = BAD..

Just an idea, I take it I don't need top end gear to do Story mode..

So I just need to work out my time in order to run one when other folk are on and watch You tube clips of runs to learn how the run goes, i.e. Dulfy,net.

Was just an idea, thought I'd post, didn't expect to get shot down in flames for having an idea and opinion, but there you go, my bad..

Enjoy.

I understand if this comes across as contravertial, I tend to be, I'm not trawling for an argument either, hear me out first please..

I would like to see TOP end (UItimate Gear) available fully modded on the Cartel Market to buy.

My argument for this is:

I, like many other like minded Star Wars TOR fans and players work for a living, I personally work Friday to Monday over the weekend, so don't benefit from Double XP weekends event, or have the time to play as much I'd like as I also have a family, I would love to play everyday, believe me, I would love too but can't, Real Life stuff takes priority over gaming.

However I would very much like to have my toon(s) at the top end of his/their game, and able, when I can do the runs, stand half a chance of surviving, I'm a tank and tend not to like PUG groups as DPS folk can be rather nasty at times, and do what they want to do rather than listen to the tank and medic in the group, after all we're keeping you from being wiped..

So in order for us to ensure we're at the top of our game and able to look after said players, but don't have the time to run ops and FP's daily, I personally would like to see more choice on the Market, I would like to see all the TOP END gear available and weapons for all classes fully modded available to buy with real money.

I understand this doesn't necessarily make me a better player as I need to know the rotations and actual FP/OP tactics, but at least I'd be partly prepared.

Like I said this is my opinion and won't be liked by others, but there you go, just an idea. Pay 2 WIN, Yes Please..

Sorry to hear about you not having enough time to play. Based on your situation, I highly recommend to not just play. It's not our problem if you don't have time to play. Make time for it, MMO is meant to take a lot of your time. It's time management and if it takes you years to get the best gear, so be it.

Assuming Bioware puts the end game gear on CM, what will be the point of doing ops when the gear is right there? Running Operations give everyone a chance to get the best end-game gear. If it's purchasable, what will be the point of playing? Lol...

Even if you have the best top gear for PvE and PvP, you still don't have the skill... So yea, you got the best gear but since you are not playing much to learn how the game works, what will be the point? Lol.. You are just wasting your time and money.

Just think about this... If everyone purchased the top end gear, which is the Kell Dragon, who will be playing ops? Why would anyone spend more than two hours clearing ops if they already have the gear that the Operation bosses will drop?

Sorry but what you want will NOT happen because it will CERTAINLY kill the point of releasing new content and PLAYING

Edited by Mark-JPS

you can already do this so there is no point to Bioware getting involved

you can buy every mod armor and enhancement (with out the set bonus) the implants relics and even the ear part

yes its going to cost you a LOT but to buy a full set of gear like that off the cartel market would also cost a lot and by a lot I mean likely $200+ area

if you really want that gear buy hypercrates and sell them you can get 200-300k each for them with out even opening them it will likely still cost you $200 or so but you can get it done

What a ridiculous suggestion. Seems like OP needs to think over his position again.

Selling BiS PvE/PvP gear on the CM for money completely negates any sort of progression or achievement. It removes the proverbial carrot from the proverbial stick. The OP seems to forget that he's not playing the game alone.

He may not know much about nightmare modes but there are plenty of competitive PvE and PvP guilds on each server. If P2W was ever implemented, they would be in a constant bind to spend money to remain competitive. PvP would plummet even further as the top guilds would have yet another advantage over pugs. Furthermore, P2W decreases replay value and increases the rate of burnout among the players. They will not go into the same operation week after week if they don't get anything useful from there. Lastly, the sheer malice of such a business practice would make most of the remaining subscribers quit the game altogether.

So if P2W is implemented:

1. Top-end guilds lose their competitiveness.
  2. PvP becomes massively imbalanced and unwinnable for new players.
  3. Players lose their incentive to run OPs/FPs/WZs.
  4. Replay value is diminished resulting in fewer instances run and fewer people playing.
  5. Massive drop in subscriptions.

But hey, OP can run Nightmare modes, though he doesn't even know the tactics by his own admission. Yeah, Bioware, will totally fall for this.