(video) Mercs Hit Hard

TRENTakaBCAT

So after double xp weekend there were alot of under geared players in pvp. Heres a short video of an undergeared Mercenary ( Half patrisan half war hero) hitting for 11k+. Video dosent promote skill just some fun highlights :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2dP35rBAzU

Mercs seems OP, arsenal tree need nerf! :o

1. Electronet CD need 3 min at least for arsenal tree

2. Self-healing abilities must be removed when in dps cell arsenal tree

3. Hard hits must be decreased until standard 7-8 k crits

--

4. Pure healing tree and pyro tree must be slightly buffed

5. Mercs are fine. Profit. :o

--

I think its good mercs got buffed. id be fine with them getting buffed again for the heals. i only play my merc like oncea week or so but nobody plays that class. It was gimped for so long i mean for a long time they didnt even have an interrupt. i say make them OP and FOTM for all the ppl that stuck with them since launch even tho they sucked lol

Everyone posting above has failed to point something important out (or failed to see it): the OP said his merc is in half Partisan gear, half War Hero (not even ELITE war hero). As everyone should remember, the expertise was stripped from the EWH/WH gear turning it into PvE gear. CLEARLY this is a Bolster Exploit , and not an issue with the class. I *can't believe* no one in the bolster police pointed this out. :p Edited by BoushhDC

Everyone posting above has failed to point something important out (or failed to see it): the OP said his merc is in half Partisan gear, half War Hero (not even ELITE war hero). As everyone should remember, the expertise was stripped from the EWH/WH gear turning it into PvE gear. CLEARLY this is a Bolster Exploit , and not an issue with the class. I *can't believe* no one in the bolster police pointed this out. :p

http://i.imgur.com/d7HyTsq.jpg

Done yesterday so... ;) Bolster is working as intended!

I'm not sure what *your* point is, but the bolster police should be rolling in any moment now to pull over the guy in low level PvE gear getting high crit numbers in 55 bracket PvP. And yes, they wield the term "Bolster Exploit" like a baton, so you should probably keep your head down. ;)

I think its good mercs got buffed. id be fine with them getting buffed again for the heals. i only play my merc like oncea week or so but nobody plays that class. It was gimped for so long i mean for a long time they didnt even have an interrupt. i say make them OP and FOTM for all the ppl that stuck with them since launch even tho they sucked lol

I was in a WZ (30-54) last night with my Merc and including me there was 5 Mercs + a Powertech.

Everyone posting above has failed to point something important out (or failed to see it): the OP said his merc is in half Partisan gear, half War Hero (not even ELITE war hero). As everyone should remember, the expertise was stripped from the EWH/WH gear turning it into PvE gear. CLEARLY this is a Bolster Exploit , and not an issue with the class. I *can't believe* no one in the bolster police pointed this out. :p

you cant really conisder using war hero gear as a bolster exploit. exploiting is spending money using 53 greens. cant help that i dont play this class often enough to put in time to upgrade my gear from my previous lvl 50 gear that i wore before 2.0 came out :p but im sure my character could hit much harder in full conq. if you watch the video everyone i hit either has 25k hp or 33khp+ so no gear at all or in pve gear. I can ensure you in my war hero gear i do not hit for 10k as often as the video would make you think :p also i have the powerup in every clip

you cant really conisder using war hero gear as a bolster exploit. exploiting is spending money using 53 greens. cant help that i dont play this class often enough to put in time to upgrade my gear from my previous lvl 50 gear that i wore before 2.0 came out :p but im sure my character could hit much harder in full conq. if you watch the video everyone i hit either has 25k hp or 33khp+ so no gear at all or in pve gear. I can ensure you in my war hero gear i do not hit for 10k as often as the video would make you think :p also i have the powerup in every clip
The guy doesnt know whats he is talking about, using rank 54 epic implants/earpiece and main/offhand was very viable before the last patch but now, not so much. Offhand still gives quite a lot of bolster but thats about it. The screen i linked was of me in full part/conq augmented for power hitting some lowbie guy in...*tadaa!* **** gear. Ofc he melted, its what happens now when people dont use pvp stuff.

Using 53-54 pve items will give you some 25k hp and lousy bonus damage. To the guy yelling bloody murder about bolster exploit...just stop, it doesnt work anymore.

My statements were made "tongue in cheek" as indicated as well as I could with :p (although the tongue isn't quite in the cheek) and by the "Bolster Exploit." On the PvP forums, people have gone crazy with the exploit charge to the point that the term has been "trademarked," and not by me. lol. Basically, anything that *they* feel is not working as it should is slapped with the label of "exploit" as if it was the fault of the individual regardless of if it is intentional or not. Their personal indicator is that if anyone in less than totally min/maxed Conqueror gear is hitting hardest, especially if they have any PvE gear whatsoever (not just limited as you think to "spending money on 53 greens"), then something is wrong with bolster and "it's your fault because you are exploiting it." The irony is that they don't seem to blame BW (who designed, implemented, and maintains the system) nearly as often as individual players.

Although personally I think the charge is tiresome in it's over-broad, over-zealous application, BW brought us this bolster debacle that is pitting players against each other in forum PvP. The only thing worse is to inspire calls for nerfing to the most neglected class which received crippling nerfs over a year ago and has suffered ever since until very recently when their "escapability" was enhanced in order to raise them out of the universally acknowledged, one and only, Free Kill Class. What *actually* worries me is that just because someone (heh-hem), or some people, felt the need to show off what is highly likely the result of the effects of this new bolster system (again, as you and another poster indicated) against insufficiently geared players (which, btw, is only acknowledged in subsequent posts), now the calls for re-nerfing Merc/Commando have already begun:

--

So yeah, thanks for that....

And thank you too, for being complicit.

What I find additionally ironic, is that among evidence that has been presented on these very forums, and discussed at length, is that while healing and survivability across the board has been increased, the overall damage has increased a little but not nearly at the same rate, leading to difficulty taking down opponent team members with cross healing, for example. Yes, as in the above post, someone is calling for reducing damage output. Talk about living in a vacuum. lol. Healing is up, survivability is up, but nerf damage which is already not sufficient to meet the aforementioned increases. Yeah....

Edited by BoushhDC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.