Legacy Level requirement for Treek just a scam.

The only reason the Legacy level requirement is on Treek is so that some of the playerbase is locked out obtaining it without using real life money, so that they can sell it mostly exclusively through the cartel store.

This is completely a scam so that they can "keep" their promise of subs getting all updates for free while also forcing most people into buying it anyway.

The legacy requirement needs to either be removed from the credit option or added to the cartel market.

inb4andrayh"butitsstilltherewahwahwah"

How the hell are they forcing you to buy anything? Especially Treek. You either grind the legacy level to accomplish your hard work of finaly getting it, or you dont. If you chose to spend real money cause you are too lazy to grind, then that's on you.

And how many Treek threads do we really need here..... It's 1 gosh darn companion......

Edited by Sydome

I didn't realize if I did not buy the Ewok that I would be locked out of the game forever.

Oh wait, that's not what will happen at all.

I'll just not buy the Ewok because they suck and I am not that much of a idiot to think that having an Ewok will make me cool.

Thank you, self respect!

:D

How the hell are they forcing you to buy anything? Especially Treek. You either grind the legacy level to accomplish your hard work of finaly getting it, or you dont. If you chose to spend real money cause you are too lazy to grind, then that's on you.

And how many Treek threads do we really need here..... It's 1 gosh darn companion......

Its not about the companion...it could be anything in game. Its the ways you can aquire it which annoys people.

So why arn't you complaining about all the other Legacy unlocks that have legacy levels attached to them?

In all fairness they work the same way. Legacy levels and requiring a butt-load of credits or just using $2 worth of CC. The legacy system QUICKLY changed from something unique to a way to gate convenience in such a way that buying CC seems much more attractive than paying 10 million credits for that last cargo bay unlock.

It's all overpriced so that you feel obligated that using CC is a "good deal" and buy more of them instead of the "valueless" credits.

In all fairness they work the same way. Legacy levels and requiring a butt-load of credits or just using $2 worth of CC. The legacy system QUICKLY changed from something unique to a way to gate convenience in such a way that buying CC seems much more attractive than paying 10 million credits for that last cargo bay unlock.

It's all overpriced so that you feel obligated that using CC is a "good deal" and buy more of them instead of the "valueless" credits.

I like having different ways to unlock these achievements that require credits with cc because I would much rather spend my credits on other stuff in-game.

While this may not sit well with many folks, I like the fact I can use the Coins to get it.

I have subscribed since the beginning, Even in Beta, I played. Yet, I work 80 hour weeks and Only get to play on sundays.

I have 2 LVL 55s and 4 other alts and my Legacy level is 24 (almost 25)

Yeah call me selfish but I am glad I can get the critter. I will use my CCs on them.

The only reason the Legacy level requirement is on Treek is so that some of the playerbase is locked out obtaining it without using real life money, so that they can sell it mostly exclusively through the cartel store.

I agree with this assessment.

This is completely a scam so that they can "keep" their promise of subs getting all updates for free while also forcing most people into buying it anyway.

This "scam" stuff, though, is aluminum foil hat talk.

The legacy requirement needs to either be removed from the credit option or added to the cartel market.

Couldn't care less either way.

And this is trolling.

I think you're crazy.

I don't feel that using CCs is ever a "good deal" for me. I *ALWAYS* use credits when possible. That is always the best deal. As a subscriber, I am capable of never spending any real life money. I certainly don't feel obligated/forced/pressured/enticed into using CCs beyond my sub.

I think it is a wonderful way, from a business standpoint, to get people to spend $. As a long-term player above LL40, I don't have to spend a penny and I like that. Newer players can still access it, but are required to spend real $ to get it if they don't want to wait. Fine by me -- more $ for the company is almost always a good thing.

I don't think 1mil credits is overpriced. I do think 5mil should unlock it legacy-wide or something, though -- it is quite an exhuberant price for altoholics who want it on multiple characters. But, I'll be fine with just one Treek :-D

I think you're crazy.

I don't feel that using CCs is ever a "good deal" for me. I *ALWAYS* use credits when possible. That is always the best deal. As a subscriber, I am capable of never spending any real life money. I certainly don't feel obligated/forced/pressured/enticed into using CCs beyond my sub.

I think it is a wonderful way, from a business standpoint, to get people to spend $. As a long-term player above LL40, I don't have to spend a penny and I like that. Newer players can still access it, but are required to spend real $ to get it if they don't want to wait. Fine by me -- more $ for the company is almost always a good thing.

I don't think 1mil credits is overpriced. I do think 5mil should unlock it legacy-wide or something, though -- it is quite an exhuberant price for altoholics who want it on multiple characters. But, I'll be fine with just one Treek :-D

You're in the extreme minority, so calling me crazy is a bit strange.

I've been a sub since the launch of the game, and I spend cartel coins. I'm not rich enough to pay 10 million credits for the last cargo bay unlock, or 2 million for the ship GTN unlock, and NOBODY is.

This is why the CC system is working for Bioware. "Damn it I want a GTN on my ship but the unlock is TWO MILLION CREDITS? That's stupid! Hey wait... I can just pay CC! That's a ton "easier"!"

The global/character unlocks are just another part of the Cartel Store. You can use credits, but why would you want to when using real money is "easier"?

I'm not saying it's a scam, because the purpose of legacy is transparent. It offers a real choice, sure, but the alternative to CC is so expensive that there's no reason to do anything else unless you happen to have a slew of credits laying around.

You're in the extreme minority, so calling me crazy is a bit strange.

I've been a sub since the launch of the game, and I spend cartel coins. I'm not rich enough to pay 10 million credits for the last cargo bay unlock, or 2 million for the ship GTN unlock, and NOBODY is.

This is why the CC system is working for Bioware. "Damn it I want a GTN on my ship but the unlock is TWO MILLION CREDITS? That's stupid! Hey wait... I can just pay CC! That's a ton "easier"!"

The global/character unlocks are just another part of the Cartel Store. You can use credits, but why would you want to when using real money is "easier"?

I'm not saying it's a scam, because the purpose of legacy is transparent. It offers a real choice, sure, but the alternative to CC is so expensive that there's no reason to do anything else unless you happen to have a slew of credits laying around.

First of all -- care to show me the information that says I'm in "the extreme minority" ? Don't make things up -- it makes your position significantly weaker.

Two million credits is dead simple to earn in this game. You are making things up when stating that "NOBODY" is "rich" enough to purchase these. First of all, why do you need the final cargo-bay unlock? Why aren't you selling that garbage to make some money?

Also, there are hundreds of subs who claim, on a regular basis, to have over 20million credits. And I believe them 100% -- because it isn't difficult to get over 20 million credits.

I play the game. I don't even worry about trying to make credits, or playing the GTN, or crafting. I make hundreds of thousands of credits every single day, without trying. 1 million credits is hardly an extreme price -- and I actually feel it is CHEAPER than paying $5 or $10 or however much Treek ends up being.

Hmm. Use in-game credits that aren't hard to acquire and that you get by playing the game -- or spend more real life $ for something in the video game. Choice is rather simple for me -- but maybe others are more impatient and/or lack impulse control and basic finance management skills?

I've been a sub since the launch of the game, and I spend cartel coins. I'm not rich enough to pay 10 million credits for the last cargo bay unlock, or 2 million for the ship GTN unlock, and NOBODY is. [my emphasis]

Wow, you don't play the game much, do you?

I think the GTN ship unlock is actually 5 mil.

Edited by branmakmuffin

First of all -- care to show me the information that says I'm in "the extreme minority" ? Don't make things up -- it makes your position significantly weaker.

Two million credits is dead simple to earn in this game. You are making things up when stating that "NOBODY" is "rich" enough to purchase these. First of all, why do you need the final cargo-bay unlock? Why aren't you selling that garbage to make some money?

Also, there are hundreds of subs who claim, on a regular basis, to have over 20million credits. And I believe them 100% -- because it isn't difficult to get over 20 million credits.

I play the game. I don't even worry about trying to make credits, or playing the GTN, or crafting. I make hundreds of thousands of credits every single day, without trying. 1 million credits is hardly an extreme price -- and I actually feel it is CHEAPER than paying $5 or $10 or however much Treek ends up being.

Hmm. Use in-game credits that aren't hard to acquire and that you get by playing the game -- or spend more real life $ for something in the video game. Choice is rather simple for me -- but maybe others are more impatient and/or lack impulse control and basic finance management skills?

You're in the minority because if CC wasn't working, it wouldn't exist.

There's no reason to be upset, because an argument isn't there. I'm not complaining at all, I'm just telling it like it is. I didn't know that would bother you so much. Guess I'll /abandonthread now.

This is actually somewhat humorous considering the other threads on this topic where those high level legacy people are bitter that this is being offered in the cartel shop AT ALL! That group is looking at that option as a slap in the face (which is just as silly as worrying about it being available as an unlock to people with the appropriate legacy level).

Yep, irony can be pretty ironic.

You're in the minority because if CC wasn't working, it wouldn't exist.

There's no reason to be upset, because an argument isn't there. I'm not complaining at all, I'm just telling it like it is. I didn't know that would bother you so much. Guess I'll /abandonthread now.

Yet, you have no proof that CC purchases of Legacy Unlocks are "working" or not. You have no idea if I am in the minority when it comes to choosing credits over CCs for unlocks.

I find it quite hilarious that you think I'm upset. You ignore the obvious truth my post is centered around and instead deflect by imposing an emotion on me that doesn't exist.

This is a game. I rarely get emotional about other people's opinions -- unless the emotion is laughter.

CCs work because people have no impulse control. The RNG packs probably make up the majority of CC purchases -- but, in reality, we have no way of knowing.

And, from a business standpoint? Even if the minority of players are using CCs, it is worth having them. That is money spent in addition to a subscription, in most cases. So there is still a greater profit than a sub-only model.

I apologize for rudely pointing out the baseless claims you made -- but you shouldn't try to present uneducated assumptions as fact. "Telling it like it is" is better written, in your post, as "Telling it how I think it is based on no information."