Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New "newb" rule I just learned

Banderal

if you see phase walk being activated on the node, you scream 'stealther on the node' and start running.

I've never been sure whether or not the enemy could see the phase walk deploy. I know that I have successfully ninja capped against someone who was guarding a long ways off like they are supposed to. I put a phasewalk down right on the node, and they didn't react. So I circled around behind them, mezzed, phased and capped. Maybe they weren't paying attention though? I've only ever tried it once, because I hardly ever try to ninja, because I suck at it.

Edited by Banderal

I've never been sure whether or not the enemy could see the phase walk deploy. I know that I have successfully ninja capped against someone who was guarding a long ways off like they are supposed to. I put a phasewalk down right on the node, and they didn't react. So I circled around behind them, mezzed, phased and capped. Maybe they weren't paying attention though? I've only ever tried it once, because I hardly ever try to ninja, because I suck at it.

they could be doing crew skills.... I've lost nods due to our defenders doing crew skills...

People who leave people to solo guard without communication are failures. It's only slightly less fail than leaving it unguarded.

I'm seeing this trend a lot lately. It wasn't this common about a month or so ago. What happened? Maybe common sense has become a super power.

Of course, I like finding the solo node guards and killing them solo or just duo taking that node via killing them or CCs. Thanks for the free cap, artards!

I don't care if you stant outside of 30 M and use LOS. You are going to come across a team of 2 stealthers where one caps and the other CCs you at the same time. Seen it. Learned the hard way. Keep 2 guards at AH.

EDIT: Although; I suppose you could then have a team of 3 stealthers....

Edited by Technohic

I guess that's what I get for trying to making it a short story originally. :) ..

honestly this sounds like just bad luck, **** happens. I can understand the other guy as well, if a shadow comes guarding i might run off as well. Also it probably would have been fine if he didn't catch you right at the pylon. Even without a cc breaker, he has to find you first, and then sap you before you can blackout.

honestly this sounds like just bad luck, **** happens. I can understand the other guy as well, if a shadow comes guarding i might run off as well. Also it probably would have been fine if he didn't catch you right at the pylon. Even without a cc breaker, he has to find you first, and then sap you before you can blackout.

I don't understand the other guy. A quick whisp of "Hey can you solo guard?" and waiting on a reply before you run off is the difference between a win and a loss in hypergate. Be responsible yourself, don't just expect everyone to be responsible for you. It's a cross between silly, dumb, selfish, and retarded. Sumbishtarded.

Apparently, if your Cc breaker is on cool down, you are not supposed to go anywhere near the pylon in AHG (and by extension, I guess none of the other nodes as well).

It's actually a good rule of thumb in AHG, unless you are a PT/Van with Shoulder Cannon (or whatever the Imp version is called).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.