The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mods

Argusen

Everybody should use the unlettered mods.

Nobody should ever use the "B"-mods if they have a choice.

Even if the main stat is better than Power at 1 to 1 exchange ratio and it definitely is for those specs that have the +9% talent, but might not be for those that don't have it, the difference is still very small in either case.

At 22 to 13 exchange ratio power will always win for any spec of any class.

22 power is a lot better than 13 main stat.

• 2 weeks later...
Everybody should use the unlettered mods.

Nobody should ever use the "B"-mods if they have a choice.

Even if the main stat is better than Power at 1 to 1 exchange ratio and it definitely is for those specs that have the +9% talent, but might not be for those that don't have it, the difference is still very small in either case.

At 22 to 13 exchange ratio power will always win for any spec of any class.

22 power is a lot better than 13 main stat.

Im going to start switching to unlettered mods now in my conqueror gear.

The AX are nice, only in that I have over 3K AIM un-buffed with all aim augments. I also have 2-300 crit or so, buffed I end up with around 27%? tech crit, and add the +15% elim bonus for about 42% crit for a rail shot, so about half of rail shots and a third of every other tech attack crit.

In a warzone, I end up with about 1300 and some change in bonus damage.

Most of my friends went all power and surge, including all overkill mods, stacking no crit, and taking all agile 27X mods. They have over 1400 bonus tech damage, but sit at around 33% rail shot critical chance (17% crit chance for every other attack).

Question: is it worth losing 10% crit chance for the 80-100 bonus tech damage? Basically switch reflex mods for overkill, crit for power, and agile 28AX for agile 28X.

The answer I imagine would be 'Yes' for AP, since AP needs the power and does not rely on crit chance.

What about pyro?