Operator IX - Hard Mode

prairieprof

It's possible to do but requires a bit of luck and a lot of exact and precise execution. If just one thing goes wrong it typically results in a wipe. To me that has a place in Nightmare Mode but not Hard Mode.

- Allow tab target of orbs

- Reduce champion/strong adds or downgrade their damage output (excluding punishment adds)

- Give more notice to requests in final phase (e.g. red text out longer, seeing too much delay and no time to move)

- Fix rendering slowness (see adds as yellow flashes before the add actually appears)

Thanks!

I do agree with the technical stuff like allowing tab targeting of orbs and fixing rendering, but I am not in favor of downgrading the strength of the mobs. There are lots of players, who did beat the encounter as it is now, so why would it need to be downgraded?

Everyone who just wants to enjoy the athmosphere of the encounter and the cutscenes, can run story mode.

I'm one of those who has beat the op several times. However, even after having nailed it and having the strategy down we continue to wipe a lot on Operator IX. Sometimes it gets us down about the op and we quit. Operator IX, the way it is now in Hard Mode is harder than the last two boss fights put together. It should not need to be that way. The op should be fun and with practice should get easier. But it's not.

• 2 months later...

My guild has been trying to down Operator IX in HM for weeks (We only Ops 2 nights a week for 2 hrs at a time).

We finally downed him last night after approximately 30 attempts. We were elated. There is a lot of luck involved in the fight, but overall it was one of the most enjoyable challenges we have ever faced. I don't think it needs to be scaled down. It's good to have fights like this one to challenge you. That being said, I don't even want to think about what this fight might look like on NM.