The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[BUG] 16m NiM TFB - 1st Boss Slime issue x2 Damage?

dscount

Okay.. I've tackled this boss each week since NiM TFB was released and actually did a 16 Man for grins the week. Houston... we have a problem. Either a BUG or the DEV's are just being lazy as all can be for 16m and just using DOUBLE everything stats. The Corrosive Slime in 16man is pretty much instant DEATH for a person. One tick 1/2 health and 2nd tick is DEATH.. We had people taking like 2 ticks and DEAD before they even managed to move 1-2 seconds away for purge. This was not a 3 second tick either, but appeared to be a 1 second tick of the same damage from NiM 8man. We even separated the healers into four small groups to purge 3 people each and we still lost people with concentrated healing/purge on everyone. It's nowhere near the same as 8man NiM fight.

Can DEV team please look into this. It was WAY crazy on damage and nowhere near the same level of ticks we have in the same NiM fight for 8 man. I suspect the SPIT from the boss is the same issue as it was more damage as well than what is usually seen for 8man NiM.

From DULFY's site: Corrosive Slime, the cleansable DoT you can cleanse off players to leave a yellow circle on the ground now ticks for ~6k damage every 3 seconds if not removed. On hardmode this ticks for only about ~4k every 3 seconds.

NOTE: In this same group we broke up and did 2 different runs for the 1st Boss and joined back into 16 for Dread Guard in HM. In that instance we destroyed the DG in short order (On HM and 16man) and it was some how only coming up as 8 MAN level (Dropped loot was for 8 man run). We thought someone messed up and clicked SM 16 until look was UW (Single Relic). Ticket logged for that.

NOTE 2: This was also the night that "The Harbinger" took a giant FACE PLANT dirt nap.

Edited by dscount

16 man NiM TFB is a different Operation in many ways from 8 man NiM TFB, it's not just the first boss that's different.

2 ticks of the debuff killing anyone who isn't a tank or who can use Force Barrier/Undying Rage seems about right to me. Welcome to the wonderful world of 16 man Operations:)

Edited by AshlaBoga

Still a problem. Collecting log files.

Can a DEV jump in and validate what we are seeing WAI here?

Ticks are like 1 second vs. 3 second and damage is 2 times that of 8 man NiM for Spit that needs purge.

The rest of it's fine and understandable for 16 man NiM TFB first boss, but this mechanic seems incorrectly tuned for 16 man.

I could see MORE Spits to purge (More healers), but not 2/3 less time and 2x more damage. That's just crazy.