The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

ROFL, and you arent playng nim or hm ops, plus you shouldnt have to cope with a bug that shouldnt be in a triple A game

If you play in HM/NM Ops and it bothers you, fine. But it does not bother everyone. That's the point.

You can say "I shouldn't have to cope with it" until your hair turns to broccoli, but unless and until they fix it, you have two options: cope or quit. I'm pretty sure they are aware of the issue by this point.

Edited by branmakmuffin

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a combat bug that has the potential of making you lose a fight or wipe in ops at any moment

Hey Jymmy.. get back to me when "potential" = "certainty". ;) I can count on one hand the number of times ability delay has caused an Ops wipe in my guild. **** happens.. deal with it. It could just as easily been a random lag spike on the internetz, or your dog puked on your keyboard.

this is the most important part of the game and its broken

There is NO "most important" part of the game. There are many important parts of the game. WZ and Ops are two of them.

Conflation is the weapon of the weak IMO.

Edited by Andryah

If you play in HM/NM Ops and it bothers you, fine. But it does not bother everyone. That's the point.

You can say "I shouldn't have to cope with it" until your hair turns to broccoli, but unless and until they fix it, you have two options: cope or quit. I'm pretty sure they are aware of the issue by this point.

Exactly.

wz and ops are both part of combat system which is where this bug is

So are solo missions, heroics, FPs. What is your point?

OIC.. you only like one or two parts of the game so that's all that matters, and you see everything through your personal experience and yours alone. And, by appearances, you have lower coping skills then some players.

You are entitled to your opinions and views on the game, as is everyone else in this forum. Some people will agree with you, some will not. AND none of this has any impact whatsoever on what Bioware is doing to isolate and address the issue.

Edited by Andryah

combat is basis of those two and it is the most important in my opinion since you play this game for the combat with bosses or other players

No, that's what you play the game for. You are, as Adnryah said, assuming that everyone's list of important items coincides with your own.

But look on the bright side. All this is keeping the thread on the first page.

Edited by branmakmuffin

in my opinion

Memorize that part, IMO.

We all have opinions.

I'm in NO WAY disregarding your opinion, by expressing mine.

I am in NO WAY claiming the ability delay bug does not exist.

I am simply stating that while it is an annoyance to me, it's minor, not game breaking or frustrating to me.

You know what 500K+ subscribers in an MMO does? It creates diversity in play experience, opinion, wants, and desires.

I'm actually doing you folks a favor by being active in the discussion and keeping the thread on page one. Where's my cookie!? :p

Edited by Andryah

Dude.. stop with the ad hominem personal attack speak. If you want to disagree, fine, but please do it without attempts to assassinate character.

Does it happen? Yep. Is it noticeable? Yep. Does it ruin my game play on any of my characters in any encounter? No. Do I cope well with it? Yes. Missing an ability here and there does not ruin a game for me. Therefore FOR ME, the annoyance is minor in the larger context of the game.

You know what's a major annoyance? People like you in the forum who cannot discuss a topic without resorting to childish personal attacks. ;)

Stop trying to censor other peoples opinions with personal attacks. It won't work, and it makes you look petty and small minded.

By this logic, anything that does not literally break the game is "a minor annoyance."

Even then, let's concede that it is simply an annoyance. Why would one want to be annoyed in their leisure time? This game needs to do more to go uphill - the more it ignores, the more people will begin to ignore the game.

By this logic, anything that does not literally break the game is "a minor annoyance."

Very true.

Even then, let's concede that it is simply an annoyance. Why would one want to be annoyed in their leisure time?

Exactly. Why would they? Which leads to the logical follow-up: If they are so annoyed, why are they playing?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Failed logic, and it's not my logic, it's yours.

Annoyance is in the mind of the player. Different minds, different coping skills, different opinions. "minor" or "major" are individual value judgments.

I, and the players I run with in game.. we take annoyances that all MMOs provide us with game imperfections as part of the challenge of the game. We don't need the game mechanics to be clinically perfect to enjoy the challenge of overcoming our targets.

You know who actually suffers most from this bug? the solo PvPer.. because in 1:1 PvP the delay could impact one player and not the other.....giving one player an advantage in a particular combat encounter. But you know what... this game is not tuned and designed for 1:1 PvP. And frankly, good players working in group play (either PvP or PvE) can and will adapt to imperfections in the game mechanics. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Failed logic, and it's not my logic, it's your.

Saying it's failed logic and then assigning it to me doesn't make it true. The logic is sound, and by your reasoning. Protip - don't stick your fingers in your ears and say "nuh-uh," and then attack logic.

You said, essentially, if you can cope with it, it's a minor annoyance.

Let's say that, one day, all player characters become floating orange cubes. The game plays as normal otherwise, making this a minor annoyance. I'm fairly sure that most of the community wouldn't like this; they would call it game-breaking. I'm also fairly sure that you would ride in on your white horse to call this a "minor annoyance."

Saying it's failed logic and then assigning it to me doesn't make it true. The logic is sound, and by your reasoning. Protip - don't stick your fingers in your ears and say "nuh-uh," and then attack logic. You said, essentially, if you can cope with it, it's a minor annoyance.

And it is.

Let's say that, one day, all player characters become floating orange cubes. The game plays as normal otherwise, making this a minor annoyance. I'm fairly sure that most of the community wouldn't like this; they would call it game-breaking. I'm also fairly sure that you would ride in on your white horse to call this a "minor annoyance."

Then it'd be a minor annoyance to most of the community and BWEA would fix it, because you're right, no one wants to play a game like TOR if their character's avatar looks like an orange cube. But this thread is about a minor annoyance to a very small part of the community.

Edited by branmakmuffin

You said, essentially, if you can cope with it, it's a minor annoyance.

NO..... what I said was it a minor annoyance to me and not only can I cope with it but that I choose to cope with it.

Should I join some others and curl up into a ball over it? No.

And it's not like players holding their breath and stamping their feet is going to address the problem. There is some constructive discussion about the issue.. but not much. Mostly it's tantrums. And frankly, it's not like we needed a 4th or 5th thread demanding answers from Bioware.

Would it be nice to know more info about what Biowares take on the problem is and how they plan to address it? Absolutely. Is it required in order to play the game? No. Is this bug so bad that it's destroying the ability to play the game? For some players apparently so.. for some no. When I log into the game each day.. Ability Delay issues are not proliferating the guild chat, or general chat in the planets or fleet. So clearly while it is a known issue to most players it's not so annoying that people can't play or won't play.

I get that frustrated and angry players do not like people to disagree with their opinion or take on something. But you know what... learn to cope with that as well. It's a public discussion forum for subscribers. I have acknowledged the bug, and I have given my opinion about it. If that makes some people cry and lash out in personal attacks... well.. a little more self-refelction IMO... ITS A GAME, NOT RL.

Edited by Andryah

You know who actually suffers most from this bug? the solo PvPer.. because in 1:1 PvP the delay could impact one player and not the other.....giving one player an advantage in a particular combat encounter. But you know what... this game is not tuned and designed for 1:1 PvP. And frankly, good players working in group play (either PvP or PvE) can and will adapt to imperfections in the game mechanics. ;)

Actually, group play via Rankeds suffer the most, as there is a synergy with "timed" executions via CC, hard switches & stopping caps. Not downplaying solo vs solo, but in the highest field of competition this game offers, it is more of an issue than a minor irritant. Having said that, with the current Hero engine, most realize this will never be addressed at all. Sorta have to just accept it and move on dealy.

Edited by Pistols

Memorize that part, IMO.

We all have opinions.

I'm in NO WAY disregarding your opinion, by expressing mine.

I am in NO WAY claiming the ability delay bug does not exist.

I am simply stating that while it is an annoyance to me, it's minor, not game breaking or frustrating to me.

You know what 500K+ subscribers in an MMO does? It creates diversity in play experience, opinion, wants, and desires.

I'm actually doing you folks a favor by being active in the discussion and keeping the thread on page one. Where's my cookie!? :p

This is one of the few times I have to disagree with you. I was at a bbq with some friends who work in the gaming industry and told them how I recently cancelled my sub from this game for, first and foremost, this exact problem. When I told them about ability stutter they looked at me, wide-eyed, and one of them replied, "How can a game be like that? That's gaming mechanics 101... you don't have abilities not go off when you press a button."

And he's absolutely right. While I loved the class storylines (first game where I actually enjoyed making alts), the main feature that I focused on this game was end-game raiding. I'm not the bee's knees. I'm not super bad either. I'm someone who can generally do the most current progression, but I'll never be ultra-elite. So, for players like me, trying to beat enrage mechanics on fights like NiM DG and everyone in the raid is suffering from ability delay... that's noticeable drop in our dps. And when I'm already not uber-elite... this frustrates me knowing that we hit enrage by a few percent... a few percent that would not have occurred because of ability stutter.

The fact that it's been around since Day 1 and they don't respond in threads like these anymore seems to show that their response is, "Sorry, we can't fix it." It seems extremely obvious that they would try and fix engine failures. If they were close, I'm pretty sure they'd want to tide the masses over and say, "we're close to a fix". Sure, it's assumptions that I'm now making, but it seems pretty logical in it's path to assume that if they aren't responding to this issue, by now, then there silence is their desire to avoid answering that they cannot fix this issue.

I played both WoW and Rift and in neither game was I as frustrated with something as simple as clicking buttons.

While Ability Stutter may only be an annoyance to you, I think things such as "I click, ability goes off" are such obvious expectations that go beyond class balance, ready-check, and /random that it's unfathomable how this game continues to have this problem. That's exactly why I quit, because not even the people in my guild (who were some awesome people) were enough to keep me paying to play this broken game.

Edited by Lostpenguins

This is one of the few times I have to disagree with you. I was at a bbq with some friends who work in the gaming industry and told them how I recently cancelled my sub from this game for, first and foremost, this exact problem. When I told them about ability stutter they looked at me, wide-eyed, and one of them replied, "How can a game be like that? That's gaming mechanics 101... you don't have abilities not go off when you press a button."

Armchair-developer-by-proxy is not terribly compelling.

Actually, group play via Rankeds suffer the most, as there is a synergy with "timed" executions via CC, hard switches & stopping caps. Not downplaying solo vs solo, but in the highest field of competition this game offers, it is more of an issue than a minor irritant. Having said that, with the current Hero engine, most realize this will never be addressed at all. Sorta have to just accept it and move on dealy.

Maybe look at is as simply another "random variable" to keep ranked group play on their toes IMO. :D

For the ranked group play aficiandos though ... a 1 mile an hour random cross wind on random Wednesdays is a major issue. :)

This game IMO really is also not designed for PvP min/maxing in a lot of ways and probably for a lot of reasons. This is not the game for high end competitive PvP IMO. Unitl it is... things like ability delay can and should be coped with until it is resolved. Is it more effort? yep.

NO..... what I said was it a minor annoyance to me and not only can I cope with it but that I choose to cope with it.

Should I join some others and curl up into a ball over it? No.

And it's not like players holding their breath and stamping their feet is going to address the problem. There is some constructive discussion about the issue.. but not much. Mostly it's tantrums. And frankly, it's not like we needed a 4th or 5th thread demanding answers from Bioware.

Would it be nice to know more info about what Biowares take on the problem is and how they plan to address it? Absolutely. Is it required in order to play the game? No. Is this bug so bad that it's destroying the ability to play the game? For some players apparently so.. for some no. When I log into the game each day.. Ability Delay issues are not proliferating the guild chat, or general chat in the planets or fleet. So clearly while it is a known issue to most players it's not so annoying that people can't play or won't play.

I get that frustrated and angry players do not like people to disagree with their opinion or take on something. But you know what... learn to cope with that as well. It's a public discussion forum for subscribers. I have acknowledged the bug, and I have given my opinion about it. If that makes some people cry and lash out in personal attacks... well.. a little more self-refelction IMO... ITS A GAME, NOT RL.

Learn to cope with us and this thread then

Maybe look at is as simply another "random variable" to keep ranked group play on their toes IMO. :D

For the ranked group play aficiandos though ... a 1 mile an hour random cross wind on random Wednesdays is a major issue. :)

This game IMO really is also not designed for PvP min/maxing in a lot of ways and probably for a lot of reasons. This is not the game for high end competitive PvP IMO. Unitl it is... things like ability delay can and should be coped with until it is resolved. Is it more effort? yep.

You never miss a chance to insult PvP do you?

This thread's a pretty important topic. When was the last time you saw so many PVE- and PVP-dedicated players on the same page with an issue?

Yet per usual for gen. it's degenerating into brainless arguments with Andryah. Do you guys bathe in troll pheromones? Back on track please. Also, bump.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Armchair-developer-by-proxy is not terribly compelling.

Failed attack. You're only shot is to try and be condescending and rude... go away.

I was responding directly to Andryah. Nowhere in the post did I insult. If you can't bring anything to this discussion, then please move on. Andryah gives great responses... you're just insulting and adding noise by barking at anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Sorry, but I have friends who worked at Blizzard, some at Carbine, some at Atlus, etc. But you refuting simple truths is laughable. How successful and how long would a car stay around in production if, at times, the clicker failed when you activated it... or the accelerator... or the brakes.

I don't care how pretty a game is, if there's a 5% chance my ability won't go off (I feel it's closer to 10%).

This thread's a pretty important topic. When's the last time you saw so many PVE- and PVP-dedicated players on the same page with an issue?

So many? Like 2 dozen, maybe. Out of 500,000? That's quite a quorum you've got rounded up.

Failed attack. You're only shot is to try and be condescending and rude... go away.

And my post was hardly an insult. Pointing out what you said some guys said, guys who, even if they are "game developers," may know nothing about TOR, is singularly unpersuasive.

Sorry, but I have friends who worked at Blizzard, some at Carbine, some at Atlus, etc.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. You can claim anything you want on the internet. But let's say you do. What do they know about TOR's development?

I don't care how pretty a game is, if there's a 5% chance my ability won't go off (I feel it's closer to 10%).

And for others, how pretty a game is is what matters most. That's the point. Not that the bug is totally irrelevant, but that it's not that big a deal to the player base as a whole.

Edited by branmakmuffin