Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

As it still im 100% confident 90% of the SWTOR population already knew exactly what i was talking about just from the post title. This ability has been around for a long time but its not been acknowledged by the devs , all i want is for a dev to respond to the post to let us know they are aware of this ground breaking issue and are looking into fixes so please help me bring this to their attention by keeping this post bumped and on the first page. thank you

" I am getting sick and tired of this happening 4+ times in a fight. I will use an ability and the GCD fires yet the ability does not go off. The animation still plays out, but the damage does not apply and the cast bar disappears.

I have tested this multiple times on the operation dummy on my ship just to make sure it wasn't just a visual problem. I remember this happening a lot before and a patch was made saying it was fixed or it was reduced a lot, but it has been happening about once per minute in the past month while in combat. This is so frustrating and it needs to be fixed please!"

Edit: Thanks poster below:

Bumping with vids.
Edited by OcTwenty

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my death from above failed to go off but was put on cool down today, first time that's happened. Usually its just my "auto attack" rapid shots ability or sometimes unload. Really annoying.

Wonder if they're ever going to fix it? Or just say its server lag or my 4.3Ghz PC is just too slow for the epic engine that is the *drum roll* Hero Engine

Iet's not excatly the same thing but i have similar problem with Merc ability "Death from Above". Once clicked the ability is used it applys CGD even tho it's interrupted a split second later without doing absolutely anything.

Could it not be changed so it fails and resets if no damage is done?

Iet's not excatly the same thing but i have similar problem with Merc ability "Death from Above". Once clicked the ability is used it applys CGD even tho it's interrupted a split second later without doing absolutely anything.

Could it not be changed so it fails and resets if no damage is done?

That's what interrupts are designed to do. The key is to start casting and then stop it yourself and hope your opponent wastes his interrupt (in PvP) or learn when Mob's use their interrupts in a rotation (in PvE).

+1 Happens a lot on a Merc healer and Op heals fail almost every 4 - 8 times you cast. Very stupid causes many wipes in game, has been present since Alpha and Beta...

I am running on a 27" imac on fiber and bioware will assure me its my lag ?!

Still the most annoying thing about this game. Even though the issue isn't restricted to low fps or high latency, these two things seem to compound the problem, or at least make it occur a lot more often. For example, ability misfires happen for me on the styrak encounter more often then not.

/bump

Had it in DG NiM yesterday evening on my sent with Merciless Slash: GCD consumed, but ability didn't trigger and my stacks of Merciless fell off = substantial DPS decreasem you absolutely cannot afford in DG NiM.

Please do fix this, dear devs!

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

That's what interrupts are designed to do. The key is to start casting and then stop it yourself and hope your opponent wastes his interrupt (in PvP) or learn when Mob's use their interrupts in a rotation (in PvE).

I have no problem with skill interupts (be it pvp or pve), I do however have the a problem when the ability is interrupted 0.1 sec after after clicking it and 1 min cooldown is applyed to it as if i used it up, even tho it did absolutely no damage at all.

Edited by Overmannus

The videos might be fakes made by swtor haters. Prove otherwise or it didn't happen!

Or - if you don't like the game, stop playing it, go somewhere else haterz!!

;)

http://netdump.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/epicfacepalm.gif

So many genuine videos made by subscribers showing the exactly same issue I am experiencing. Yet he thinks they might be fakes made by tor haters who surely have enough time and are willing to put an effort into it. How come they are months-old subscribers and they're posting their own characters there?

I have no problem with skill interupts (be it pvp or pve), I do however have the a problem when the ability is interrupted 0.1 sec after after clicking it and 1 min cooldown is applyed to it as if i used it up, even tho it did absolutely no damage at all.

I've never experienced an interrupt to an ability after clicking it that wasn't a result of an action by an NPC or another player. I have experienced the GCD bug, but if it doesn't fire the ability, the ability doesn't go on cooldown.

I'm not entirely certain what you are experiencing, but interrupts are part and parcel of an MMO. If you are experiencing some form of bug where you click an ability and it goes on cooldown without having an effect, you may have either missed or it is an actual bug that needs reported. Make sure to include any and all details you possibly can so the cleaners can try to recreate the effect.

Bumping this, because its such a game-breaking issue. It literally made me quit my sentinel, because of how fast the combat flows with the class.

This has existed since launch, why won't the devs acknowledge this?

Edited by cliffz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.