The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech run too hot. Any tips ?

I have a second Bounty Hunter now, and since I have not done it before, or to a higher lvl, I am thinking of making him a Powertech. But that being said, in the past I got a Powertech up to lvl 19, but I found it "ran" to hot ? and felt "Slugglish" regarding combos to use on targets.

Any tips, on how to play a Powertech, without letting heat ruining the game ?

Heat management skills come online in the third tier trees and upwards.

^this

once you hit lvl 45ish you'll be golden i've played all three specs never had to much ammo/heat management problems all classes kinda start off really sluggish at low lvls keep that in mind :cool:

If you end up going Pyro, heat can be a pain, you'll want to spam Flame burst all the time lol. Just keep it under 40 and you're good. If it goes over use vent heat. You'll get TSO later, that makes your next attack free. AP has no issues with heat.

Also in the low levels, a good way to conserve heat is to not use Missle blast, ever. Useless skill.

Using vent heat is the biggest one, but it's going to be on CD most of the time.

1. For a PVP match, get gyroscopic alignment jets. CC and knock backs will reduce your heat and everyone uses CC abilities constantly.

2. Use thermal sensor overrides before incendiary missile when possible. The IM dot is actually really good when you can land all three dots, but the heat cost makes small children cry.

3 interleave more regular shots, and use flame sweep sparingly. I know I say 'sparingly' but sometimes in a scrap, you need to overheat to defend an objective. It's always worth it.

4. In PVP, use the out of combat heal every chance you get.

all classes kinda start off really sluggish at low lvls keep that in mind :cool:

QFT. The only class I have never played past level 40 is a Commando/Merc, but I distinctly remember all classes having issues at lower levels, be it energy management or lack of attacks whether they be proc-related or just a general lack of.

Most classes improve after level 30, some slightly earlier, some as late as 45. Depending on spec and individual class.

Gyroscopic alignment jets is almost a must for PVP. More rapid shots between abilities, and keep your heat in the range where it's venting at its fastest rate. It'll come with experience I think- you just get a rough feel for what you can get away with, and when it's more worthwhile to burst through the heat so that you can finish the fight quickly and out of combat regen before more enemies arrive.

Your vent heat ability doesn't come off CD enough to rely on it heavily, I generally save it for clutch situations where I can finish a healer off with it.

thanks guys :)

in regards to other comments about all classes are a bit sluggish at lower lvls, I would have to say from my xp that the exception is sage/sorcerer is good by lvl 18+, as they have all the basic moves, and can be quite deadly and quick, if ur on ur "A" game. What do you reckon ?:)