The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great.

*Raises white flag*

So I take it my request at having slightly fairer numbers was smacked down? Cause it seems a bit... Odd, that you reduce my fleet to half the size of the smallest fleet to "make it fair" (no I'm not referring to the downsize. I'm referring to the original issue)

I'm guessing maths is not your strong subject, or you just like complaining. :jawa_wink:

Let me help you out.

Take the prievous battle, it was you (125 ships) against the Brotherhood (1000 ships)

1000 divided by 125 = 8. Your opponent had eight times as many ships as you.

Now if that Kaggath had happened under the revisions.

100 divided by 25 = 4. Your opponent would have had four times as many ships as you.

Still waving that white flag?

Jeez, I address people's problems and still they complain. Can't catch a break can I? :D

Mandalorian wars, few hundred. Coruscant, thousands on each side, but yes those numbers only appear when it's big battles. The downsizing itself doesn't bother me...
A laughable continuity error. 100 itself is a push. Go count, I doubt you'll reach 50. Edited by Beniboybling

I'm guessing maths is not your strong subject, or you just like complaining. :jawa_wink:

Let me help you out.

Take the prievous battle, it was you (125 ships) against the Brotherhood (1000 ships)

1000 divided by 125 = 8. Your opponent had eight times as many ships as you.

Now if that Kaggath had happened under the revisions.

100 divided by 25 = 4. Your opponent would have had four times as many ships as you.

Still waving that white flag?

Jeez, I address people's problems and still they complain. Can't catch a break can I? :D

No, maths isn't, the sciences are :p

But seriously, I lost the naval battle easily if it was ANYONE else. I cannot use the same tactics on anyone but Tunewalker, in terms of ground troops.

I barely scraped through that Kaggath, because Marcelo wasn't there. I can't do it again, no chance. We saw that against Canino. Your nerfing of my fleet pointlessly, made me lose...

A laughable continuity error. 100 itself is a push. Go count, I doubt you'll reach 50.

Eheh.

Clone wars 2003, oversaw by George Lucas to set the stage for episode 3. Showed uncountable amounts of ships. Episode 3, showed a tiny portion of the battlefield, easily able to count 100. Sourcebooks and guidebooks saying several thousand ships from the fifth fleet alone.

Did you know that a single separatist fleet can reach up to 4,000 vessels?

He obviously does not.

Or he'd have known that the clone wars battles we see are those of the Sector fleets, part of the Open Circle Fleet, designed for the specific purpose of being split up and sent on strike missions.

Hell, even TCW showed multiple ships for the second invasion of Naboo, and the guard of the War conference.

Edited by Selenial

Size matters not. :csw_yoda:

Not but really, it doesn't. The disparity between your fleets is exactly the same and in actual fact 100+ ships is pretty large. You don't need hundreds and hundreds of ships to have an interesting space battle. The purpose of this rule is to make things more interesting by allowing debaters to be more specific, rather than playing with their abacuses.

Regardless what people seem to forger is that the purpose of this rule is not to make the Kaggath more fair. So it doesn't really matter what the disparity between numbers is.

Really I don't see how people can't understand this. I for one have never watched or read a space battle that had more than 100 ships participating, never have they failed to be dull.

Not to mention that this is a debate, the only difference their will be is the number of zeroes in people's posts.

It does matter by dropping the size we are dealing with much less factors to be considered here. Please for the sake of an interesting Kaggath don't do this for the next match. If you do this for the next match I garentee the Match will be much LESS interesting. I honestly plan to ignore this just to show you the folly of this and why limiting it this way for the next match makes it so. Also in addition to both Aurbere's and Sel's examples I already gave another where 1400 ships were involved in a single skirmish and explained the difference between a small fleet battle and a large one. There are different factors and this is one of those times when you are missing out on a better battle by limiting the size. You don't know yet let us debate it and you will see.

Did you know that a single separatist fleet can reach up to 4,000 vessels?
I know its absurd isn't it.

Do people not realise that would cause a gosh darn solar eclipse?

In the Clone Wars we see no more than a few dozen at a time. In SWTOR the biggest we've ever seen is 30 and even that looked sizeable. The largest fleet ever formed used to be Death Squadron - 36 ships.

Then people went crazy.

I mean, they didn't even have that many ships during the gosh darn final battle in Mass Effect!

Eheh.

Clone wars 2003, oversaw by George Lucas to set the stage for episode 3. Showed uncountable amounts of ships. Episode 3, showed a tiny portion of the battlefield, easily able to count 100. Sourcebooks and guidebooks saying several thousand ships from the fifth fleet alone.

I just counted, reached 75.

On both sides.

Again, no mention of a solar eclipse during that battle.

In the Clone Wars we see no more than a few dozen at a time. In SWTOR the biggest we've ever seen is 30 and even that looked sizeable. The largest fleet ever formed used to be Death Squadron - 36 ships.

Then people went crazy.

I mean, they didn't even have that many ships during the gosh darn final battle in Mass Effect!

That's not a fleet last I checked by the name of it its a squadron. The first fleet I heard about was the 200 dreadnaughts in the Thrawn Trilogy.

Then people went crazy.

I have no idea why you think it's cause a solar eclipse.

I also find that very funny.

Then people went crazy.

It is canon, though.

Here's the numbers for separatist fleets:

Task Group: 36-640 vessels

Task Force: 72-1,280

Fleet: 200-4,000

From the Essential Guide to Warfare.

And this here people, is the definition of insanity. Having fun applying any level of logic to that.

I already have. Trust me like I said there is no one commanding officer there it works very much like real large scale war does. 1 guy is either in space or on the ground monitoring the situation pulling forces from some fronts and moving them to another. Meanwhile there are several generals above taking command of the particular fronts trust me it works it happens its logical and its the kind of war me and Rayla need to fight for everything in our factions to truly be seen. If you want an interesting battle you will let us fight it.

It is canon, though.

Here's the numbers for separatist fleets:

Task Group: 36-640 vessels

Task Force: 72-1,280

Fleet: 200-4,000

From the Essential Guide to Warfare.

wow then this means I actually have the 1800 like I thought I might as I have 9 fleets :) thank Aurbere for this thank you very much.

And this here people, is the definition of insanity. Having fun applying any level of logic to that.

Deal with it. Movie-novel statements are over written you know.

Just like the multiple emperors thing, Lucas did if for a reason.