The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Kaggath Returns!

This is a another problem, shipyards have sort of become obsolete because of massive navies. Hopefully this will correct that. And it will be introduced in the next battle to solve these problems.

Remember the purpose of this is not necessarily to make it more fair for small fleets, but just to make fleet combat more realistic and more interesting.

I can garentee you the next match if left alone WILL have an interesting fleet battle as shipyards will be important as is and more importantly because of the size of the fleets not only will the leadership of our factions be important to space battles but so to will be the strategy and tactics of the standard naval officers in this war if you read my last response to the last battle you will know what I am talking about. I beg of you if you wish to change it for matches afterwards all for it but if you change it now you will miss out on a very good naval battle indeed. :(

Edit: essentially both me and Rayla are dieing to go at it full force and I think some of the others are dieing to see such a battle do you want to disappoint your fans beni?

Edit 2: Beni if you do not see what I am promising you, an epic space battle we can change it mid fight but please I promise you this naval battle will be one for the history books on these forums lets us wage it please.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCF:

Numbers unknown, but over 1,000 went to the Battle of Coruscant, and the Fifth fleet, which was the largest fleet in the Open Circle fleet contained "Several thousand vessels"... Though I'm not asking for that much XD

Malgus' stealth fleet. Likely numbered in the 100's, but no information yet. Though called a fleet, it was meant to be able to challenge the empire so probably rather large. Unfortunately we have, like I Said, no precise information.

OCF:

Numbers unknown, but over 1,000 went to the Battle of Coruscant, and the Fifth fleet, which was the largest fleet in the Open Circle fleet contained "Several thousand vessels"... Though I'm not asking for that much XD

Malgus' stealth fleet. Likely numbered in the 100's, but no information yet. Though called a fleet, it was meant to be able to challenge the empire so probably rather large. Unfortunately we have, like I Said, no precise information.

I think if you want a large portion of the Open Circle Fleet, then I think you should drop Malgus' stealth fleet.

I think if you want a large portion of the Open Circle Fleet, then I think you should drop Malgus' stealth fleet.

That would be changing the composition, and were not meant to :/

I don't want a large portion of it (because a large portion would be 10's of thousands) just a largER, because right now its a bit ridiculous for me :(

Even if the fleets reduce in size, well still hold the same disadvantage...

I guess here is a question for Aurbere and Selenial right now...... regardless of what happens after this next match do you guys want to see myself and Rayla go at it with our full military strength?

Personally, don't care, as it would still be epic.

HOWEVER. Scaling down the fleets makes having an SSD so much more important, so that's something to look at...

Yes, which is why scaling down the fleets should be looked at VERY closely.

Aurbere has 1 right the Executor and then because I am not allowed my imperial ships I have 3 the Viscount, The bounty and the Strident.... though I think technically I still had other unnamed Viscounts I wouldn't be surprised if I actually had 10 of them......

I guess here is a question for Aurbere and Selenial right now...... regardless of what happens after this next match do you guys want to see myself and Rayla go at it with our full military strength?

Like I said before, if nerfs are to happen, they should only happen if it is a complete numbers stomp. Rayla vs. Tune is not one of these cases.

Edit: Speaking of the next match...

Edited by Aurbere

That would be changing the composition, and were not meant to :/

I don't want a large portion of it (because a large portion would be 10's of thousands) just a largER, because right now its a bit ridiculous for me :(

Even if the fleets reduce in size, well still hold the same disadvantage...

Well, I believe 100 minimum would be nice. 10% of the vanguard.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Sorry for the wait, but I've been very busy lately. Anyway fleets numbers have been revised, each Major Naval Force will now operate at 1/10 of its prior strength and each Minor Naval Force at 1/5 of its prior strength.

For some rough estimations on current numbers:

Tunewalker: 140

LadyKulvax: 160

StarSquirrel: 90

Canino: 50

Warren-Stride: 200

Selenial: 25

Aurbere: 50

These are effective immediately.

Oh and for a demonstration of what real space battles look like see

P.S. You may be wondering why Canino and Aurbere have the same numbers. But I'd point out the the majority of Aurbere's force consists of small cruisers as opposed to SDs however like Canino's his force is something of a hybrid.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Sorry for the wait, but I've been very busy lately. Anyway fleets numbers have been revised, each Major Naval Force will now operate at 1/10 of its prior strength and each Minor Naval Force at 1/5 of its prior strength.

For some rough estimations on current numbers:

Tunewalker: 140

LadyKulvax: 160

StarSquirrel: 90

Canino: 50

Warren-Stride: 200

Selenial: 25

Aurbere: 50

These are effective immediately.

Oh and for a demonstration of what real space battles look like see

P.S. You may be wondering why Canino and Aurbere have the same numbers. But I'd point out the the majority of Aurbere's force consists of small cruisers as opposed to SDs however like Canino's his force is something of a hybrid.

Can we just ignore these for the next match I know it would make both myself and Rayla much happier and honestly the space battle is going to be really lame like this and if you gave me a chance to argue the larger fleets you will see why.......

Oh great.

*Raises white flag*

So I take it my request at having slightly fairer numbers was smacked down? Cause it seems a bit... Odd, that you reduce my fleet to half the size of the smallest fleet to "make it fair" (no I'm not referring to the downsize. I'm referring to the original issue)

Edited by Selenial

So my minor fleets combine for 50, or are they both 50?

combine for 50 is what I read.

Essentially he has limited you to under the number of ships in either Thrawns armada or the Death Watch........

Like I said before we have had straight battles between over 1000 ships at a location before and I truly feel this will make the battle between me and Rayla infinitely more Lame as there were many more factors to the larger fleets that could be taken into account. Now the only thing that matters is the Ship building facilities. The people piloting the ships will make little to no difference as will several other factors I was planning on bringing up. By downscaling he has ensured a much less interesting battle.

Edited by tunewalker

Can we just ignore these for the next match I know it would make both myself and Rayla much happier and honestly the space battle is going to be really lame like this and if you gave me a chance to argue the larger fleets you will see why.......
Size matters not. :csw_yoda:

Not but really, it doesn't. The disparity between your fleets is exactly the same and in actual fact 100+ ships is pretty large. You don't need hundreds and hundreds of ships to have an interesting space battle. The purpose of this rule is to make things more interesting by allowing debaters to be more specific, rather than playing with their abacuses.

Regardless what people seem to forger is that the purpose of this rule is not to make the Kaggath more fair. So it doesn't really matter what the disparity between numbers is.

Really I don't see how people can't understand this. I for one have never watched or read a space battle that had more than 100 ships participating, never have they failed to be dull.

Not to mention that this is a debate, the only difference their will be is the number of zeroes in people's posts.

Really I don't see how people can't understand this. I for one have never watched or read a space battle that had more than 100 ships participating

Mandalorian wars, few hundred. Coruscant, thousands on each side, but yes those numbers only appear when it's big battles. The downsizing itself doesn't bother me...