The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Kaggath Returns!

Correction can't get close enough to bombard without STARTING to be pulled in if you have enough ships or enough time you can begin going in and then tractor beam the ships on out before they fall to far and rotate the next batch in. :D

Strategically and Pretty much impossible, but we can debate that later....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strategically and Pretty much impossible, but we can debate that later....

there shouldn't be any reason why its impossible. if you have enough ships a few can go in start to fire and get out there is no reason why not a BDZ should be possible as long as some one has enough ships to do it with on such a complicated planet. Saying its impossible is none sense.

Edit: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Malachor_V

"The gravity of the planet was unstable, which made it dangerous for starships to stay there for very long."

Emphasis on the words very long enough ships and you don't need to be there for long since rotating in and out means none of them are there long enough to be damaged also "By 3,640 BBY,[4] surveys showed small pockets of biological life was still active in Malachor V's remains.[5] " if ships got close enough to survey the planet that extensively then they certainly get close enough to instigate a BDZ.

Edited by tunewalker

there shouldn't be any reason why its impossible. if you have enough ships a few can go in start to fire and get out there is no reason why not a BDZ should be possible as long as some one has enough ships to do it with on such a complicated planet. Saying its impossible is none sense.

Edit: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Malachor_V

"The gravity of the planet was unstable, which made it dangerous for starships to stay there for very long."

Emphasis on the words very long enough ships and you don't need to be there for long since rotating in and out means none of them are there long enough to be damaged also "By 3,640 BBY,[4] surveys showed small pockets of biological life was still active in Malachor V's remains.[5] " if ships got close enough to survey the planet that extensively then they certainly get close enough to instigate a BDZ.

I'm not going into this argument again, we've gone through it once.

What I will say is this. The very Long bit is because of the way malachors gravity works. It randomly fluctuates and I mean randomly. As soon as you surround it, you'll lose ships. Immediately.

And tractor beams aren't that powerful, engines can outrun tractor beams sometimes, and no engine has ever outrun a malachor gravity flux.

Let's also not forget any ship tractor beaming would likely be pulled down anyway.

Tractor beams can't compete with planetary gravity, especially not malachors.

And we have NO idea the circumstances of the quote. It's most likely once malachor drifted apart the Gravity Fluxs stopped, or they scanned from a distance (shown to be possible in many cases)

Think about what Wookieepedia is saying before quoting it, and stop this debate. Save it for the Kaggath.

I'm not going into this argument again, we've gone through it once.

What I will say is this. The very Long bit is because of the way malachors gravity works. It randomly fluctuates and I mean randomly. As soon as you surround it, you'll lose ships. Immediately.

And tractor beams aren't that powerful, engines can outrun tractor beams sometimes, and no engine has ever outrun a malachor gravity flux.

Let's also not forget any ship tractor beaming would likely be pulled down anyway.

Tractor beams can't compete with planetary gravity, especially not malachors.

And we have NO idea the circumstances of the quote. It's most likely once malachor drifted apart the Gravity Fluxs stopped, or they scanned from a distance (shown to be possible in many cases)

Think about what Wookieepedia is saying before quoting it, and stop this debate. Save it for the Kaggath.

And where did you get that info from? I don't remember that being in the game and it certainly isn't on Wookie. So where exactly does this info come from? Hell Revan according to Wiki Revan even used it as a base camp for 3 years to train sith out of because it was easier to corrupt jedi to the darkside there so obviously he had no issue getting on and off the planet with a group of sith. I would think that would be impossible if the gravity fluctuated the way you say...... I see nothing to point to this.

And where did you get that info from? I don't remember that being in the game and it certainly isn't on Wookie. So where exactly does this info come from? Hell Revan according to Wiki Revan even used it as a base camp for 3 years to train sith out of because it was easier to corrupt jedi to the darkside there so obviously he had no issue getting on and off the planet with a group of sith. I would think that would be impossible if the gravity fluctuated the way you say...... I see nothing to point to this.

When you say where did I get that from, you might want to be more precise.

And yes, you can plot Malachors storms, just like Peragus' asteroids, but it'd virtually impossible to do whilst in orbit, and you wouldn't have enough time to bombard it before you have to move.

When you say where did I get that from, you might want to be more precise.

And yes, you can plot Malachors storms, just like Peragus' asteroids, but it'd virtually impossible to do whilst in orbit, and you wouldn't have enough time to bombard it before you have to move.

would I have enough time to fire 3 shots because that's all I need that's the idea of rotating you constantly moving and hitting different locations obviously it takes much longer then normal as certain parts of the planet couldn't be hit at certain times but still. And what I mean about where are you getting this from is the whole fluctuating gravity fields that will pull ships that are outside of the atmosphere that they cant escape there is nothing stating anything about such fields only gravitational anomalies holding the planet together and once you enter the atmosphere we see the fluctuations there but there is plenty of things orbiting the planet constantly debris and so forth orbiting the planet isn't much of an issue and while the Gravitational pull of the planet and surrounding storm will tear at your ship if it stays to long as long as you hit and move before your shield fail you are fine just can only take a few pot shots and then get out its still a legit strat as long as you have enough ships to rotate them. So while some are repairing shields the others are firing.

Maybe go amuse yourself with my last Match. We discussed it all.

Not really we didn't you said it couldn't happen said why, but I have brought up the idea that your info doesn't have a source..... I don't recall it in game it make no mention of it in Wookie and there seems to be some things that contradict it so.....