The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't guess. I'll wait to see.

If you manage to crawl up out of the loser's bracket.

Personally, there's a couple of people in the Losers bracket that I consider a threat, but my change is... Well, let's just say Tray will not be going down twice.

Against Koon? Probably in saber combat sure.

Against Kenobi? Not really.

Heh.

I'm not going to Derail the thread into Maul vs Kenobi... But:

Maul beat Kenobi twice... But we only need to look at one battle to know he'd win:

The battle with Ventress and Kenobi against Maul and Savage on their ship. Maul COMPLETELY unbalances Kenobi with Dun Moch, over him murdering Jin... Now, Maul could ALSO unbalance Kenobi worse with a few shots about how he tortured, choked, and impaled Kenobi's one love on a Darksaber.

Then of course, on Florrum, Maul tossed Kenobi around like a Rag Doll with the force, had literally no issues with it. His rage literally amplifies him beyond measure.

THHEEENNNNN there's the argument that Maul would simply become a New Sion under Traya's guidance.

Heh.

I'm not going to Derail the thread into Maul vs Kenobi... But:

Maul beat Kenobi twice... But we only need to look at one battle to know he'd win:

The battle with Ventress and Kenobi against Maul and Savage on their ship. Maul COMPLETELY unbalances Kenobi with Dun Moch, over him murdering Jin... Now, Maul could ALSO unbalance Kenobi worse with a few shots about how he tortured, choked, and impaled Kenobi's one love on a Darksaber.

Then of course, on Florrum, Maul tossed Kenobi around like a Rag Doll with the force, had literally no issues with it. His rage literally amplifies him beyond measure.

THHEEENNNNN there's the argument that Maul would simply become a New Sion under Traya's guidance.

The first fight was completely stupid in the fact that Obi-Wan let Maul get to him in the first place, he isn't one to let his emotions get the best of him as seen when he fought against Anakin he did what needed to be done setting aside his emotions, against Dooku in EP 2 was the same. Plus while Maul did kill Satine, he didn't become enraged or attack Maul because of it.

Also the 2nd fight, your forgetting that Obi-Wan held his own against both Maul and Savage and wounded Savage. Maul didn't win on skill, he won by BFRing Obi-Wan so that he and Savage could escape.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Probably with the Nightsister Robot legs... Which do you guys think is stronger?
Its difficult to say, on one hand Maul's legs gave him an advantage in combat, but on the other hand its possible it limited his maneuverability and skill. He did seem to fight better against Sidious than he did Kenobi.

The first fight was completely stupid in the fact that Obi-Wan let Maul get to him in the first place, he isn't one to let his emotions get the best of him as seen when he fought against Anakin he did what needed to be done setting aside his emotions, against Dooku in EP 2 was the same. Plus while Maul did kill Satine, he didn't become enraged or attack Maul because of it.

Also the 2nd fight, your forgetting that Obi-Wan held his own against both Maul and Savage and wounded Savage. Maul didn't win on skill, he won by BFRing Obi-Wan so that he and Savage could escape.

Not really...

Qui Gon-Jin was the most important person in his life. He was pretty much Obi-Wan's adoptive father. Qui-Gon had done nothing wrong and was killed by a Bad guy. Anakin was his brother (Pretty much) but had slaughtered younglings and Destroyed the only thing Kenobi cared about as much as Satine... The Jedi Order. Anakin had to be stopped or the Galaxy would fall, different situations.

Kenobi also blames himself for Qui-Gons death. Maul plays on that. The fight is not stupid, the only time Kenobi hasn't been goaded is when Kenobi is the one actually Goading.

Kenobi didn't hold his own, he was pretty much losing every time the brothers got to him. He'd kick one away, and then turn to the other, lose, kick him away and turn back.

He managed this twice before being taken out, and even then he played on Savage's weakness, not Mauls... The fact that he pushed Maul back was nothing, because as we've seen, the mere ability to push one back and take them out of the fight for a few seconds is meaningless, as Maul did it to Obi-Wan about 4 times on his ship. One of those times HE COULD HAVE KILLED HIM, but Maul wanted to torture him slowly.... So instead he tried to knock him out.

Its difficult to say, on one hand Maul's legs gave him an advantage in combat, but on the other hand its possible it limited his maneuverability and skill. He did seem to fight better against Sidious than he did Kenobi.

Because Sidious let him...near the end of the duel, Sidious increased in his fighting ability and overwhelmed Maul with ease.

Sidious raised his saber and flew at Maul, who parried desperately, his mechanical legs whirring as he sought to counter his former Master’s blows. Sidious’s sabers were a blur, a whirling cage of deadly plasma. Maul danced away from one blow, then reversed his movement to avoid another, and then there were too many to count, and then there were even more than that.

Maul’s saber spun out of his hand, bouncing away across the floor. Then Sidious seized his former apprentice with the Force, hurling him against the wall.

Sidious was holding back, he could have just done what he did at any time.

Kenobi didn't hold his own, he was pretty much losing every time the brothers got to him. He'd kick one away, and then turn to the other, lose, kick him away and turn back.

He seemed to be able to hold his own throughout the fight.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Hmm, Perhaps normal legs then, they did look like they limited twisting movements... However they were Excruciatingly powerful... Eh, if you think Normal legs are powerful, I'm on the fence so Normal Legs it is..

Because Sidious let him...near the end of the duel, Sidious increased in his fighting ability and overwhelmed Maul with ease.
You can't let someone fight better, that makes no sense. I think you misunderstood, I don't mean Maul did better against Sidious than Kenobi, but fought better, all in all his form looks more skilled and refined. But I'm not expert, so I can only guess. Gone however are the somewhat clumsy swings and slashes and replaced instead with far more refined movements, I'd assume that Maul's legs had a detrimental impact on his fighting style, much like Vader's suit did. He probably overcame that but *shrug* we can't be sure.

Anyway, lets leave this debate for the Kaggath. They're all chumps compared to Traya anyway... :jawa_wink:

He seemed to be able to hold his own throughout the fight.

Look more analytically.

Kenobi can only hold off one of them at a time, when facing both they're barely exerting themselves, playing the waiting game, and Kenobi is struggling, and panting, and out of breath. So he can't face off against both of them, and wasn't really holding his own.........

He was however pretty skilled at holding maul back, shame it worked both ways and would be nigh impossible to do in a 1v1 or Maul vs Obi-Wan and Koon