Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Make the Ewok Unlock Free at Level 40 Legacy

Ayelinna

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have legacy 50, I think after buying one, I should be able to unlock it for my other 21 toons. No way in hell I'm raising 21 million creds. :eek:

PS. Make the last two bits for HK available in the market too. I've done the whole quest except the 2 group things, cause I'm shy. :p

"group things"?

I soloed all of the HK quest on my sin, the heroic part actually scale to the number of player in the group (not phase) so even if your friend is not near you and in your group youre gonna get the 2-4 group version of it.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

"group things"?

I soloed all of the HK quest on my sin, the heroic part actually scale to the number of player in the group (not phase) so even if your friend is not near you and in your group youre gonna get the 2-4 group version of it.

How did you solo the hard mode flash point?

I have legacy 50, I think after buying one, I should be able to unlock it for my other 21 toons. No way in hell I'm raising 21 million creds. :eek:

PS. Make the last two bits for HK available in the market too. I've done the whole quest except the 2 group things, cause I'm shy. :p

If you are on jedi covenant I would take you through the group parts. They are easily duoable.

And? I am still not seeing what I missed or how my response is off topic.

I respond to this by saying, Treek is the same cost as HK and no one complained about that. So stop complaining.

It didnt cost me anything to unlock HK but time playing the game

Free unlock at 40 is a terrible idea.

Why? Wasn't the point of Legacy to reward longtime playing/alting? The Legacy ship transport costs like 50k for character and the cooldown reductions cost like 10k, 20k, 40k. Feels like a reward. 1 million Treek and HK unlocks feels like pointless credit sink.

Free unlock at 40 is a terrible idea.

As already asked, why? If it were free, I'd actually use it.

no its bad enougth they put it in, making it hard to get means we dont have thousands of ewoks running around.

What's it to you how many Ewoks are running around? The game is not meant to be tailored exclusively to your gaming tastes.

Edited by branmakmuffin

The game is not meant to be tailored exclusively to your gaming tastes.

neither is it yours or anyone's elses so why should you and the OP demand to get it free?

What's it to you how many Ewoks are running around?

Its called a opinion people are allowed to have one that differs to yours, or do you think everyone should agree with you?

neither is it yours or anyone's elses so why should you and the OP demand to get it free?

First, explain how me or the OP or anyone else getting Treek, buy whatever means BWEA authorizes, affects you or your game.

I'll save you the time: it does not affect you or your game at all.

First, explain how me or the OP or anyone else getting Treek, buy whatever means BWEA authorizes, affects you or your game.

I'll save you the time: it does not affect you or your game at all.

My game you said is inst tailored for me so how is it my game?

and it does bother me as i play on a rp server and i also like to immerse myself in the game seeing 100s of ewoks running around koriban courcant and other planets is just immersion breaking.

i dont like it but but its going in so id prefer for it to be harder to get than simply given away.

You play your game. Ignore other players and what they are doing if you don't like it.

and it does bother me as i play on a rp server and i also like to immerse myself in the game seeing 100s of ewoks running around koriban courcant and other planets is just immersion breaking.

Again, the game is not going to tailor itself to your immersion. If you want untarnished immersion, play a single-player game.

You play your game. Ignore other players and what they are doing if you don't like it.

Again, the game is not going to tailor itself to your immersion. If you want untarnished immersion, play a single-player game.

so i should leave simply because i dont share your opinion, wow narrow minded much?

i dont like it but but its going in so id prefer for it to be harder to get than simply given away.

Same train of thought can't be applied to every other single companion in this game? Talk about nitpicking...

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Same train of thought can't be applied to every other single companion in this game? Talk about nitpicking...

no it can esily be explained away as another companion can simply be anouther of it species and twileks rakatta torguta ect are common and droids are obvious as they can be the same model.

but as its been explained before Endor isnt discovered untill much later and the beleife that these once simply hitched a ride on a ship is poor.

But again this was never a question on them being in the game at all there gonna be in fine, but this was about how they should be available and as i stated it shouldn't be easy and simply having it unlock via legacy with no other means.

so i should leave simply because i dont share your opinion, wow narrow minded much?

Check a thesaurus. "Ignore" and "leave" are not really synonyms.

no it can esily be explained away as another companion can simply be anouther of it species and twileks rakatta torguta ect are common and droids are obvious as they can be the same model.

but as its been explained before Endor isnt discovered untill much later and the beleife that these once simply hitched a ride on a ship is poor.

But again this was never a question on them being in the game at all there gonna be in fine, but this was about how they should be available and as i stated it shouldn't be easy and simply having it unlock via legacy with no other means.

Well you're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with the unimaginable burden of having your online computer game immersion broken.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Check a thesaurus. "Ignore" and "leave" are not really synonyms.

Well you're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with the unimaginable burden of having your online computer game immersion broken.

Teling someone to go play a single player game sounds like you were telling me to leave.

and then you will have to suck it up and deal with the fact that you have to pay for the Ewok either with creds or CC so this entire thred is then pointless if all you wish is for people to agree with you and not express a opinion of their own.

Edited by Kaisernick

40 legacy takes roughly a while to take right?

How much does it take to earn CC? Instantly.

How about, reward legacy 40 and above players with an Ewok unlock, just legacy 40, no credits ( in game credits are useless to you right Bioware?) because they have actually spent time playing your game.

Why? Because I think you would be rewarding players for playing the game, and they will be satisfied if they get the cute Ewok for free, and they would love you more Bioware and will think "Hey Bioware cares about us players who actually play the game and not sitting in front of the GTN selling stuff that I bought from the CM"

People without legacy 40 have the option to buy it with CC. Its a win win, because you Bioware get money from CC! If they dont have legacy 40, they can decide to play the game, which means they have more chance of subscribing or buying cartel coins anyway! So its a win-win-win-win!

Please tell me your opinion on my idea community!

Yeah, been legacy 50 since august last year, i just checked my screenshot. The Legacy system, like the CE vendors, hasn't given me anything noteworthy. They finally gave a starship cd which was taken out and then back in. If you had a high enough legacy level you could reduce the CD to 1 hour. Paying of course, very rare you find something in your legacy perks as free. So this EWOK thing, no doubt, should be given for free to all who are above legacy level 40. Those who aren't pay the price in cartel coins. To ask me 1 million credits is really an insult given that being legacy 50 means diddly squat!.

Yeah, been legacy 50 since august last year, i just checked my screenshot. The Legacy system, like the CE vendors, hasn't given me anything noteworthy. They finally gave a starship cd which was taken out and then back in. If you had a high enough legacy level you could reduce the CD to 1 hour. Paying of course, very rare you find something in your legacy perks as free. So this EWOK thing, no doubt, should be given for free to all who are above legacy level 40. Those who aren't pay the price in cartel coins. To ask me 1 million credits is really an insult given that being legacy 50 means diddly squat!.

The thing people are missing is that the legacy system is an artifact of an earlier time in the game... when it was subscriber only, they were struggling to keep players, and legacy was a carrot on a stick approach that is time tested and proven in subscription MMOs (though in different ways by different games) to keep subscribers on a wheel.

The core issue is that Perks in Legacy should never have required credits to begin with. It was a bad design choice early last year, and it lingers to this day. Treek has nothing to do with this really. People should be petitioning to have credits removed from legacy unlocks entirely IMO. It would be a win win. Most players would then feel more value for earning legacy and gaining perks. The company would have revamped a carrot system to be consistent with the evolution of the game AND Legacy and CC can co-exist to serve two different demographics in a broad player base.

That said... they would have to add some additional credit soaks in the game, or adjust existing ones, because it IS important to soak credits out of the economy. So... be careful what you wish for.. because there is cause and effect.

Note to all Andryah bashers: .... OOOOOHHHH LOOKIE... Andryah has again criticized a game mechanic AND offered a solution. :D

Edited by Andryah

Teling someone to go play a single player game sounds like you were telling me to leave.

Sure, if you think you will be happier.

and then you will have to suck it up and deal with the fact that you have to pay for the Ewok either with creds or CC so this entire thred is then pointless if all you wish is for people to agree with you and not express a opinion of their own.

I don't care who does or does not get Treek or how they get it. Unlike some others, I don't worry about how other people play a game when it does not affect how I play the game.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.