Small change to original suggestion....Legacy Cargo/Bank

LordArtemis

I have decided to adjust my suggestion just a bit based on some feedback from others and a few other ideas. I am suggesting that the following be added to the Legacy system..

Legacy Cargo/Bank

This item would be a legacy unlock that a player could get at say legacy 20, with further unlocks adding more function to the bay.

First unlock - Legacy Cargo bay

This unlocks a legacy wide cargo bay shared across all members of your legacy. This bay appears in your quarters on your ship. Any items placed in this single bay are accessible by all legacy members.

Second unlock - Additional Legacy bay

This unlocks a second pane in the legacy cargo bay.

Third unlock - Legacy bank

This unlocks a place to deposit EC that can be accessed by all legacy members. Bank would be limited to 5 million EC.

I would suggest both EC and CC unlock ability for the feature.

This would allow players to transfer items between characters on an account while still restricting the ability to email other players if a person is not subscribed so it can not be abused.

If a player goes to preferred status after a sub, the Legacy bank would be limited to 350k with the rest placed in escrow. Various escrow unlocks, similar to character escrow unlocks would allow more money to be deposited into the bank.

Thanks for reading.

I like your idea, but…. I feel the legacy system was broken with the F2P model and the reputation system, but that´s an opinion for another thread…..

The legacy cargo/bank is a good idea but it might clash with some things that are implemented in the game right now.

For example, say you have an already bound Black Green War Hero's Crystal acquired during the Rakghoul Event (BTW hope that event comes back, fingers crossed) and like most people, you want to be able to use it on another one of your SWToR characters.

You will need a legacy bound weapon acquired during the Great Acquisitions Race or the latter Gree Event, to insert the crystal in and then mail it to your other character.

Acquiring the legacy bound weapon is an investment of time. For me, it was 2 Gree Events to acquire a legacy bound weapon. I must have played 2-4 hours a day during the events.

Anyways… the point of all of this is that EA/BW wants people to invest time playing their game. They want us to stay in a system that makes us grind the game to acquire shiny objects, which in turn activates the in-game economy, in-game social relations, and in-game “anything you think makes up an MMO”, etc, etc...

So the legacy cargo/bank unlock through legacy leveling would be a shortcut through that system, and that´s a no, no, to this business.

Though…. it may be viable for EA/BW to implement the legacy cargo/bank if you had to unlock it via Cartel Coins (with which you would probably not need any legacy requirements, LOL the irony!) and each time you removed an item/creds from the legacy cargo/bank, it would charge you credits to do so (to make up for the fact that now you didn’t have to grind to get the creds/rep to acquire the legacy bound gear/weapon used to move legacy bound items around characters and their respective “dislodging a bound item” credit charge). And this way would definitely conform to the system in place and their way of making money off the game.

I hope I was able to convey my opinion through the jumble of ideas in my head. Thank you for reading this. :)

I like your idea, but…. I feel the legacy system was broken with the F2P model and the reputation system, but that´s an opinion for another thread…..

The legacy cargo/bank is a good idea but it might clash with some things that are implemented in the game right now.

For example, say you have an already bound Black Green War Hero's Crystal acquired during the Rakghoul Event (BTW hope that event comes back, fingers crossed) and like most people, you want to be able to use it on another one of your SWToR characters.

You will need a legacy bound weapon acquired during the Great Acquisitions Race or the latter Gree Event, to insert the crystal in and then mail it to your other character.

Acquiring the legacy bound weapon is an investment of time. For me, it was 2 Gree Events to acquire a legacy bound weapon. I must have played 2-4 hours a day during the events.

Anyways… the point of all of this is that EA/BW wants people to invest time playing their game. They want us to stay in a system that makes us grind the game to acquire shiny objects, which in turn activates the in-game economy, in-game social relations, and in-game “anything you think makes up an MMO”, etc, etc...

So the legacy cargo/bank unlock through legacy leveling would be a shortcut through that system, and that´s a no, no, to this business.

Though…. it may be viable for EA/BW to implement the legacy cargo/bank if you had to unlock it via Cartel Coins (with which you would probably not need any legacy requirements, LOL the irony!) and each time you removed an item/creds from the legacy cargo/bank, it would charge you credits to do so (to make up for the fact that now you didn’t have to grind to get the creds/rep to acquire the legacy bound gear/weapon used to move legacy bound items around characters and their respective “dislodging a bound item” credit charge). And this way would definitely conform to the system in place and their way of making money off the game.

I hope I was able to convey my opinion through the jumble of ideas in my head. Thank you for reading this. :)

It's a good point, but I would point out that one way to fix that would be the way that is usually handled with things like guild banks and the like in other games...if the item is bound to a particular character other characters can not retrieve it. You can see it...but you can't extract it from the bank.

So, lets say you have an item that is BoP and you place it in the Legacy cargo bay. Other characters on your account would see the item but when they try and right click on the item to retrieve it or drop it into their bag they get the message "this item is bound and can not be retrieved", something like that.

• 11 months later...