Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Hey Bastion.....transfer to pot5

Emwolb

I know for a fact that Bodies didn't stream his games against us Friday night when we played against them, because I tried to find them and he hadn't uploaded them. Also, a lot of teams simply don't stream and/or don't encourage it due to stream-ninjaing, even with delays.

So you said pot5's pvp isn't good because nobody watches our streams but now you say that a lot of people don't stream for whatever reason and that is no way to judge the pvp? make up your mind.

I may not have been watching when you were watching, but do you agree with my observation that they played only 3 teams during their primetime?

I'm reviewing his streams from last night and I think my recollection is correct.

thought you were talking about tonight. well most teams don't queue on the weekends due to having a life. but Monday-Thursday on pot5 is very active. so we are talking about 2 different things I guess. you should have tuned in tonight. I had 5 different streams going and all of them were in matches. I would have been doing them too but one of our players couldn't make it.

Don't take this offensively, but who gives 2 phucks about how many viewers man...lol.

obviously he thinks how many viewers a stream has means that its where the pvp is at. but I know a couple girl streamers who don't know how to game for anything but they get 200 viewers a night from nerds just wanting to stare at them for hours and be creepers. viewers don't mean anything.

are you half retarded... Don't panic queues every week, and there

Hey im MVP

Don't Panic

Crescendo

Nothing Personal

Breakfast

Luke warm tauntauns

Rock bottom

Crits n giggles

Boss

Sabotage

Credit shot

carry me

Into the darkness

Bashed By Gimps

There are a few more but cant remember their names

Tack on Illegal Test Kitchen, Dar'Nala Was Harder and the Elite.

So you said pot5's pvp isn't good because nobody watches our streams but now you say that a lot of people don't stream for whatever reason and that is no way to judge the pvp? make up your mind.

My point on streaming is only relevant to my belief that viewers = interest in that community's PVP. As I've said before, POT5 has a lot of people on it and it's got all of a big PVP scene, PVE scene and RP scene. Bastion is more focused in that it's heavily PVP-oriented, as evidenced by the number of viewers on our streams. Whereas certain teams to prohibit streaming, when somebody like Bodies does stream, everyone flocks to watch it.

Anyway, call me out for relying on streaming as a proxy for interest, but anyone who follows esports knows that stream viewers is a very good indication of a game's popularity. You knew GW2 was going down when the top people stopped streaming, and you know LOL is currently more popular and competitive than Starcraft 2 because it has many more viewers.

By the way, somebody tell Cilas to get rid of that ugly box on the top left of his stream (don't care about your Mascot man), open your mic audio so we can hear your comms and know what's going on, and don't ever play Sublime while livestreaming again :)

Edited by iheartnyc

obviously he thinks how many viewers a stream has means that its where the pvp is at. but I know a couple girl streamers who don't know how to game for anything but they get 200 viewers a night from nerds just wanting to stare at them for hours and be creepers. viewers don't mean anything.

Oh, PM me the girl streamers please.

I'm a creeper as well.

:rak_03:

oh I know palm I watch bodies stream all the time. and maybe I am missing something but haven't seen any of the teams you listed other than synergy, don't panic and nothing personal a couple times. hey I have been wrong before but I can only say what I have seen from the stream.

oh and I saw him play against lukewarm tauntauns when he was playing with synergy.

Don't take this the wrong way I just wish the couple good teams you guys have there would come over to pot5. I think you guys would have a great time is all.

I personally played Sabotage/illegal test kitchen/synergy/Carry me/luke warm tauntauns/into the darkness/rock bottom/breakfast

Tonight and i gave my spot up for waka and teams are still going Don't panic should be queuing later

Edited by sithloardbob

i wish i could play you :p i might transfer a char to PoT5..... how are yall doing over there

It's ok, still getting my feet wet and geared up. Same ol same ol. All this talk about streaming and how many people watch them is pretty entertaining. Anyway, I hope you guys are at least having a good time still over there. I know you're on the defensive a little bit about how many teams you played tonight......but......how many of them were actual good teams that gave you guys a good fight? I think Emwolb just wants to see all of the good teams in one spot so there are more games and among those games, more ggs.

It's ok, still getting my feet wet and geared up. Same ol same ol. All this talk about streaming and how many people watch them is pretty entertaining. Anyway, I hope you guys are at least having a good time still over there. I know you're on the defensive a little bit about how many teams you played tonight......but......how many of them were actual good teams that gave you guys a good fight? I think Emwolb just wants to see all of the good teams in one spot so there are more games and among those games, more ggs.

As long as its on Poot5 right? How about they go to the bastion, oh wait Poot5 has the best oupn wurdl pveepee!!11

thought you were talking about tonight. well most teams don't queue on the weekends due to having a life. but Monday-Thursday on pot5 is very active. so we are talking about 2 different things I guess. you should have tuned in tonight. I had 5 different streams going and all of them were in matches. I would have been doing them too but one of our players couldn't make it.

Awesome so the teams on Pot5 have a life so games only occur 4 days a week. If you are so insistent people transfer why did you move a toon to the Bastion? Is this so when the people that have a life are busy you can queue for 3 days on the Bastion?

Let us in in the secret streamers so everyone can see the elite action Mon-Thurs of multiple teams the quality of MVP.

In all seriousness people don't want to transfer to a place that triples their ping of they are west coasters. Really this is all just conjecture and people talking out their *** as there is no concrete proof to substantiate any claims of greatness. Other then watching the streams and seeing the quality of play but without the same measuring stick no one will agree on that either.

Tauntauns might have enough pub toons to make a guild on POT5 by next weekend... but for the most part there are non stop ranked ques on the Bastion anyway so we won't be playing much on pot5. Edited by Marrio

Or they pulled a DarkYoda and moved back to their original server because they couldn't smash bad kids all day at POT5 like they do at their original server.

Good riddance bads.

Yeah my bad, I moved back to a server where there was competitive ranked when it had pretty much completely dried up on pub side PoT5 months and months ago, and came back when the ranked scene picked back up and formed a guild that is competitive in ranked. I guess you wouldn't know any of this though since you are a reg wz hero, I guess I just can't understand the level you are operating at since it is so far above.

Form a guild, see you in ranked.

Tauntauns might have enough pub toons to make a guild on POT5 by next weekend... but for the most part there are non stop ques on the Bastion anyway so we won't be playing much on pot5.

i had seen that you guys said you were coming to pot5 a few weeks ago...not cool, not cool. your mistake :eek:

Why all the hate? We all love swtor. Just have fun!

Lol it's not hate. It's just every few days or so somebody from POT5 posts a new thread here about how POT5 PVP is awesome when in reality:

-No streamers to verify this claim. The only streams that are open to the public (ffs they claim to have several "secret" or "private" streams that we can't watch) show only 3-4 teams queing on primetime weekend

-Apparently they claim ranked teams don't que on weekends because they have a life, something unique to POT5

-Several players who have transferred there have transferred out already citing terrible regular PVP scene

-In a lulzy thread about "best new transfer PVP teams", most of the teams listed were previously already on POT5 since last year, which shows these guys have no idea about their own server which they are advertising

POT5 probably has like 3-5 solid ranked teams and probably 2-3 outstanding teams. The rest are probably just puggers who want to do ranked, or PVE/RPers who are like "hey let's try ranked!", which sounds well, the same as the Bastion. This is based solely on my experience of having a toon there, and trying to do PVP there over several months last year, so things may have changed.

Lol it's not hate. It's just every few days or so somebody from POT5 posts a new thread here about how POT5 PVP is awesome when in reality:

-No streamers to verify this claim. The only streams that are open to the public (ffs they claim to have several "secret" or "private" streams that we can't watch) show only 3-4 teams queing on primetime weekend

-Apparently they claim ranked teams don't que on weekends because they have a life, something unique to POT5

-Several players who have transferred there have transferred out already citing terrible regular PVP scene

-In a lulzy thread about "best new transfer PVP teams", most of the teams listed were previously already on POT5 since last year, which shows these guys have no idea about their own server which they are advertising

POT5 probably has like 3-5 solid ranked teams and probably 2-3 outstanding teams. The rest are probably just puggers who want to do ranked, or PVE/RPers who are like "hey let's try ranked!", which sounds well, the same as the Bastion. This is based solely on my experience of having a toon there, and trying to do PVP there over several months last year, so things may have changed.

Its true, most people have a life on PoT5. And because of this, we like to queue when other teams are set to queue, which just so happens to be Tuesday-Friday. Similar to how raiding guilds prefer to use the same night(s) every week to organize and down content.

Are you saying that Bastion's teams just get together whenever someone sends a text message to 7 other guys to play? Or do you have a specific couple of nights every week for all of the major teams to queue and have a quality and larger quantity of teams there at the same time?

And to address your issue on our lack of streams, many guilds have requested players to stop live streams. However, we do have multiple tutorial streams each week that do get a large amount of views.

Its true, most people have a life on PoT5. And because of this, we like to queue when other teams are set to queue, which just so happens to be Tuesday-Friday. Similar to how raiding guilds prefer to use the same night(s) every week to organize and down content.

Are you saying that Bastion's teams just get together whenever someone sends a text message to 7 other guys to play? Or do you have a specific couple of nights every week for all of the major teams to queue and have a quality and larger quantity of teams there at the same time?

And to address your issue on our lack of streams, many guilds have requested players to stop live streams. However, we do have multiple tutorial streams each week that do get a large amount of views.

Yes, because supposedly people on Bastion don't have a life? Lol. Almost everyone I talk to in-game is married, have kids, several are very successful in real life, and yet we find time to do rateds whenever we feel like it.

On the Bastion it's not that hard to log on, find 8 people from your guild/friends list, and come up with a ranked team with a decent composition to que ranked for an hour or two, make love to your girlfriend, wait until she passes out, take a dump, pick your nose, smoke, then come back and play a couple more games. All at 9am PST.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.