Patch 2.3 Side-by-Side Graphics Comparison

apocolyptos

Good to see the devs working on performance issues. The art style was something criticized early on, but I've always liked it and found it very slick. The characters have nice features in both facial and body, and the landscape design very much is in the spirit of Ralph McQuarrie.

I agree, I really love the style of the game and this really just stepped it up a notch!

Hey everyone! As many of you are well aware, the game got a pretty awesome graphical upgrade in patch 2.3! When you first log into the PTS, you will probably notice the change but you may not be able to point out what is different exactly. In order to help show you what has changed exactly, I put together a side-by-side comparison video for your convenience! :w_smile:

You can find the video here:

We also have a video showing off Treek and her abilities here:

Lastly, you can subscribe to us on YouTube for more videos, or check out our website that is updated with any new things we post here:

http://www.oswnetwork.com

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy!

-Zen from the OSWguild

awesome video ty for sharing. :)

I like the color adjustments and i am happy that they still work on the graphics. This is a process that takes time and can only be done step by step so i am looking foreward to what is coming next.

I would love to see them fixing the huge demand of memory so they can add textures with higher resolutions. Bumpmaps look a bit ugly since the beginning if you come closer to textures and assets. High resolution texures would probably fix this.

But that is probably a bigger goal for an update far away in the future.

I like the color adjustments and i am happy that they still work on the graphics. This is a process that takes time and can only be done step by step so i am looking foreward to what is coming next.

I would love to see them fixing the huge demand of memory so they can add textures with higher resolutions. Bumpmaps look a bit ugly since the beginning if you come closer to textures and assets. High resolution texures would probably fix this.

But that is probably a bigger goal for an update far away in the future.

At least we can take comfort in the fact that as they figure out how to optimize the game, the engine will be capable of giving us things like the higher res textures and lighting improvements. This game, in my opinion, will still look good in 5 years.

• 4 weeks later...

This companion is utterly ridiculous. A ewok tank healer thats a better tank and healer then the existing companions, meaning, everyone who uses a companion for world pvp will use this Ewok.... seriouslllly. For me it's both:

1) Imbalanced

2) Immersion killer

There is absolutely no reason what so ever for this companion to be straight out superior to other companions. Ewoks aren't some master race that rule the galaxy.... they are stupid creations that made every sequence of return of the Jedi they appeared in barely watchable. A perfect example of exactly when George Lucas lost the plot.

Lame, overpowered, stupid and unneccessary. Sure, add the Ewok, I'm sure some people will love it. That does not mean the Ewok needs to be better than everything else, looks alone should be sufficient.

As it is, just another reason to not renew my subscription.

Well that post was completely negative and over the top. This isn't a thread for the companion. This is a thread for graphics comparison as stated directly in the thread title. We are talking about the nicely done looking new graphics here. Go into a Treek thread if you want to talk about how much you don't like Treek. :) I'm sorry you feel that deeply angered about it and won't renew your subscription because of a companion.

Ewoks were put into the movie to show that little cute things people would go "hahah they can't do anything" can completely overwhelm a force with higher technology, beat all the odds and come together through strength, discipline and common good to fight for something more than just themselves. That is the symobolism why Ewoks are in the movie. :)

Anyway, the graphics look VERY nice. I LOVE LOVE the change and it makes everything look very detailed and overall just better. ;) The whole game pops more and it's just great. I started a new character on the test server and went through Ord Mantell, The Fleet and Coruscant and let me just tell you the change is really 100 percent for the better on everything.

Everywhere you go you can see the change. I am glad the devs are putting work into the graphics because they should keep making the game looking snazzy. Good job BioWare! I hope we get more little graphical changes in the future like this. The color palette change is one of the best things you have ever done to this game :)

Edited by Basreia

• 2 weeks later...