The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unlock credits and full experience gain

There should be a single player focused package. The preferred credit limit is a joke and ruins the game, and I dont like feeling punished by gaining less exp.

I dont want to do flashpoints and warzones, I just want to play the story missions at my leisure instead of feeling like I have to rush every month to get my moneys worth before the game breaks.

These things dont have to be cheap, Id pay $30 for a pack that unlocks the non-multiplayer parts of the game (Id pay more if I had the option before subscribing but theres only so much money Im spending on a game)

All you want is the story and you don't care about endgame, pvp, fps... and your complaining about the ftp restrictions? erm....

WHy would I be complaining about a credit limit if all I cared about was the story? Anything good on the GTN is over 500,000 credits, if you care at all about items the credit limit ruins the game. Items in an RPG are kind of an important part of the game experience and help move you along in the story.

Edited by coolmccoolson

There should be a single player focused package. The preferred credit limit is a joke and ruins the game, and I dont like feeling punished by gaining less exp.

This has been said before. A lot of times actually.

Being a F2P/Preferred is NOT the best way to fully enjoy the game. If you don't like the restrictions, subscribe (or remain subscribed).

They both give you a taste of what you can get as a subscriber and you get to decide if removing all those restrictions is worth the subscription price.

Therefore, NO.

They shouldn't remove those restrictions because they are there for a reason: to keep you subscribed.

You are playing the game for free.

A one-time purchase of an unlock for the credit cap (and similar unlocks for all the other restrictions) couldn't be priced high enough to make up for the money they'd lose by you not subscribing to their game.

Edited by TheNahash

This has been said before. A lot of times actually.

Being a F2P/Preferred is NOT the best way to fully enjoy the game. If you don't like the restrictions, subscribe (or remain subscribed).

They both give you a taste of what you can get as a subscriber and you get to decide if removing all those restrictions is worth the subscription price.

Therefore, NO.

They shouldn't remove those restrictions because they are there for a reason: to keep you subscribed.

You are playing the game for free.

A one-time purchase of an unlock for the credit cap (and similar unlocks for all the other restrictions) couldn't be priced high enough to make up for the money they'd lose by you not subscribing to their game.

Except who in their right mind would subscribe to a game indefinitely to play the single player part? Ive subscribed for 2 months and thats all Im spending. I would pay more for a permanent unlock of some abilities but no way in hell am I paying a monthly fee for a game I only play a couple times a week. They would get more money out of me if they just let me buy it like a normal game and then make me pay monthly for the MMO aspect if I choose to go that route.

They have a substantial amount of single player content in this game, I dont know why they dont try to monetize it.

Except who in their right mind would subscribe to a game indefinitely to play the single player part? Ive subscribed for 2 months and thats all Im spending. I would pay more for a permanent unlock of some abilities but no way in hell am I paying a monthly fee for a game I only play a couple times a week. They would get more money out of me if they just let me buy it like a normal game and then make me pay monthly for the MMO aspect if I choose to go that route.

They have a substantial amount of single player content in this game, I dont know why they dont try to monetize it.

Because then subscribing wouldn't really make sense for anyone.

Look, we can talk all day about how much single-player content there is or about the fact that this is an MMO that needs a stable population to survive (along with the extra infusion of F2P/Preferred players) but the truth is really simple.

You having access to these kind of unlocks would mean that you wouldn't have a reason to subscribe. Nor would I. Or the majority of the community.

They need subscribers to survive.

They may not need them as much as they needed them before the game went F2P, but subscribers are a steady income, they are the ones buying most of the coins (which makes total sense) and they are the ones who will stay with the game much longer than someone who hasn't invested time or money in it.

Therefore, they need to give us reasons to subscribe.

Putting every little thing up as an unlock, wouldn't make sense at all, because veteran players would have the credits to buy any unlock and just play free forever with no restrictions.

tl;dr:

I'm 100% opposed to having all of the subscribers' "benefits" as unlocks available from the CM.

This game has a lot of single-player stuff to do, but it is, after all is said and done, an MMO.

The unlocks you mentioned are not important for someone who just wants to level to 55.

You can get to 55 as a F2P, just fine.

After that, if you do enjoy the game you really need to subscribe.

I understand that you might not want to pay for a full month if you'll only be able to play a couple of days, but I'm sorry, some people can play much more than you and they need to feel valued as loyal customers because, at the end of the day, they will be the ones paying (and playing, therefore keeping the game alive) much more than you will.

Edited by TheNahash

I dont want to do flashpoints and warzones, I just want to play the story missions at my leisure instead of feeling like I have to rush every month to get my moneys worth before the game breaks.

These things dont have to be cheap, Id pay $30 for a pack that unlocks the non-multiplayer parts of the game (Id pay more if I had the option before subscribing but theres only so much money Im spending on a game)

The cost of a sub is 15 dollars a month at it's most expensive (month to month).

That equals out to roughly 50 cents a day. Let me repeat this to you, as the bolded part has me feeling you either need to give up any gaming that requires you to spend any amount of money or you don't know math...FIFTY (50) CENTS (that's CENTS not dollars) A DAY!

Console games can go for 30-60+ dollars for less than a months worth of entertainment for most people. So a console game is costing 1 (ONE) to 2 (TWO) dollars a day. Let's not even get into how it compares to going to an arcade...or even...a movie.

And you want it to be cheaper? Pay in 6 month installments.