What should Star Wars the old Republic do in the future

Annababy

BioWare needs to add a massively featured space game to SWToR. It's what's missing. That allows massively multiplayer. That has detailed and hugely varied choices of ship components. And ship interiors that can be decorated. With some drastically never-been-done-before features.

Clearly, if Wookiees were added (there's no good reason why they shouldn't be added), they would have to also add special Wookiee-only clothes to the game. Lots of leather, over-sized rivets, some with feathers, waist pouches, amulets, grooming tools.

In the storylines there are plenty of NPCs that don't speak basic, and we get a funky alien language to listen to, and sub-titles to figure out what they're saying. It's perfectly consistent with the game environment to add a playable species that doesn't speak basic.

From an older post

I believe the guy in the quote has left the SWTOR dev team, but the still seems to be in place.

Alex Freed is quoted as saying

“You know, the reason for our humanoid range of species, it’s a matter of relatability to a large degree. The further you get from human the more difficult it is for players to get into their mindset, the more difficult it is for all the other characters in the game to relate to them the same way. There are enormous technical obstacles, there is building all the lip synching, all the emotion into the face of the human is incredibly difficult and time consuming, doing that for something like a Wookiee – and we couldn’t half do it, we couldn’t let Wookiees be only a third as expressive as humans. At that point we’re just giving up.” “It’s not the aesthetic of it, it’s the whole package. It’s being the barbarian from some planet who is stronger and wilder than everyone else and who is only half understood. That’s what people love about Wookiees. We don’t have anything against that storytelling, it’s not a moral opposition to not having inhuman characters but in order to do it right you need to write a story around that character.”

Edited by swtonewbie

(1) Wookiees probably would look fine with the human facial expressions, they just have to look mostly natural with the fur texture. I would suspect that the facial expressions just have to be toned down a bit to look natural on a furry wookiee face.

(2) Lack of ambition is no excuse to say that Wookiees shouldn't be added to SWToR. Essentially, BioWare just needs to develop some internal tools that help them fine-tune new species' facial expressions and other movements quickly. Shouldn't be all that difficult ...

First of all, go In Game now as a Republic class. You'll see for the most only 1 specie, and which one is that? ; Human. Most people use Human, and I personally do have Human on all of my 12 characters. I don't know, I just find myself more reflected by the Human(obviously lol). So I think our least problem would be to have more species.

First of all, go In Game now as a Republic class. You'll see for the most only 1 specie, and which one is that? ; Human. Most people use Human, and I personally do have Human on all of my 12 characters. I don't know, I just find myself more reflected by the Human(obviously lol). So I think our least problem would be to have more species.

I think the problem isnt that humans are popular, it could just be that the other races *arent* popular. It could be possible that something like wookies, sentient droids, Jawas , or w/e will cause you to see a more well rounded population. When you have nothing but sucky options, you end up just picking the option with the least amount of suck.

Personally i look at Rep species and the originals are kinda lame. Green skinned with tats? blind with tattered cloth on my face? (only one of the goggles are actually decent looking). Twilek with helmet issues and crappy Lekku physics and not-quite-Darth-Maul looking Zabrak. Ohh and of course "cyborgs" which are just humans with crap stuck to their faces.

I would like to have non humanoid and non basic speaking species too, but the VO dialogue system doesnt allow for it.

3D space combat,3D space warzones,3D space flashpoints,3D space exploration,3D space farming,3D OPS,3D space duels=epic space battles OFF the rails!

*how could space combat on star trek online beat space combat on SWTOR???Well they did.

Edited by darhsteel

Just look at the popularity of Cathar... people are loving it! I created a Cathar character and he is 100% awesome. If they put Wookiees as a species choice for characters, I'd go create a Wookiee character the first day. I'd anticipate a crazy assortment of fur patterns and some custom orangie clothings that would look right on a gigantic furry wookiee... Bandoliers, ammo belts, headgear with amulets draped around the neck, leather strappings, feathered adornments. And battle cries that make you want to keep your distance!

3D space combat,3D space warzones,3D space flashpoints,3D space exploration,3D space farming,3D OPS,3D space duels=epic space battles OFF the rails!

*how could space combat on star trek online beat space combat on SWTOR???Well they did.

Been waiting for this almost since started playing, more than a year ago. Never think it will be done tho. Too bad, because its "Star Wars" and this element is totally missing from the game.

I also want to see more planets

Well.. I wouldn't mind more planets aswell, but I think that if you continue to make more separate Worlds like planets, then in the end you risk to spread the server population too much. Finding random groups to do heroic area quests would be much harder.. I belive more in expandning the existing planet areas outside of the already existing World. Simply add big *** nature areas suitable for housing etc. That way they wouldn't have to change anything in the existing Worlds.

Edited by Boccanon
Forgot to add something..

No a new planet would be way better then that because its something new not the same old same old thing and I think it would be cool if u could build your own house on any planet u chose that would be cool its just an idea.