PVP Question

Ippotamus

Slowly getting back into things here after taking a break.

I'm a little confused about the new PVP system and bolster.

I guess the basic question is, do I even need Partisan PVP armor?

Are the experience stats going to do anything my current purple 28 modifications aren't?

So confusing ... and too much whining to sift through on the PVP forums.

Help me The Ebon Hawk you're my only hope for simple and precise answers. :)

Thanks for your time.

The new Bolster system (essentially) is designed to replace the old recruit gear by giving players a stat and Expertise boost for PvP.

DO NOT wear old recruit gear. DO NOT wear any old PvP gear at all because you will be gimped. It's actually better to put on all green quality PvE gear now than to equip any of the old PvP stuff. Any gear that has old Expertise stats doesn't get Bolstered correctly.

Yes, still grind for Partisan and eventually Conqueror gear.

Bolster can still be exploited in specific ways to give you overall better stats than pvp armor at 55. That being said I recommend just focusing on getting Partisan and then conqueror gear for all of your slots because it still is, despite the whining, very good gear to pvp in. Exploiting bolster is the low path. It is quicker, easier, more seductive but ultimately not that much stronger.

There are a couple of good threads in the PVP forum that are well hidden at this point, but this was a relatively good place to start, though they have manipulated some of the stats since then. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635414

From the way I understand it:

Don't use any old gear with expertise; instead wear crafted/63 mods until you earn a full partisan armour set

Don't mix/match the new pvp mods with pve mods on gear (full mod replacement for a cosmetic look is fine)

Use crafted implants/earpieces until you can get pvp ones (this is a big debate)

Get oranges if you can and augment everything (should not affect expertise)

You should be bolstered to over 1800 expertise when you go into a warzone with this setup. If your expertise is still low inside a warzone, feel free to ask someone to inspect, we want our team mates to be as survivable as possible!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.