Easy class

wageta

hello all im new to the game and I am looking for a class that's not hard to play. something that's easy to gear and not a hard skill rotation. I am looking for a class and spec that I can use to just relax and not have to think a lot about what im doing. I will be doing mostly pve but I do enjoy some pvp. don't care if the class is dps healing ranged, im not picky. im mostly looking to play this toon when I have family aggro and not a lot of time to pay attention to the game. don't realy care how over powered , under powered , im not looking to be epic just simple play style.

PS. sorry for spelling

This game is not very hard once you get the hang of it. The two that stand out to me on the empire side are

powertech, their first companion is a healer so you can tank/heal most content

Sorcerer and Operative their first companion is a tank so you can tank heal most content.

I would actually say trooper would be fairly easy to do for 2 reasons:

1. You get your healing companion pretty early on which helps you to stay alive in most conditions.

2. All your companions all use the same main stats i.e + aim so its easy to give companions your cast off gear.

Either Commando or Merc.

Why?

1. They are 30 m range, no need to run around, which is important when you learn the game.

2. Pretty straight forward rotation.

3. You get 1 minute CC mezz early (think 20-22) which makes heroics 2 soloable with healer pet, and on those heroics 2 you get to learn your class more (energy managment, rotation on 45+ etc).

4.Both stories aren't half bad.

Final vote, commando or merc, well, commando's companion comes a bit later (still fairly quick), which will actually help you to get to know the class a bit better, and when you get that companion, it will be super easy from there. Also, healer is wearing heavy armour and same main stat as you, which makes gearing up easier (but point is moot as first crew skill you should have is cybertech).

Merc has his first companion healer makes everything easy peasy, different main stat, but when you go Cyber it doesnt matter much.

You will get barrels and enhancements with Planetary comms.

So it only depends, do you want to play with imps or reps.

I'd say this game is quite easy to get the hang of, getting full potentional out of your class how-ever is a second. Most classes depend on only a few skills, even though you get overwhelmed by a huge amount of skills. Read your skilltree and read the skills they mention, those are generally your most important/most used ones. I'd pick something that appeals to you above anything else, hence I want to give you a little insight. Now if you don't care for those things at all, ignore my comment and listen to the people above.

Warning, wall of text incoming:

After leveling every advanced class (or atleast 1 of the 2 since Empire/Republic are mirrors) my experience is as follow:

Healers (aka Commando/Scoundrel/Sage/Mercanary/Operative/Sorcerer specced in their left tree)

Difficulty: Healers generally level quite slow depending on how you play. Slowest is if you take a Tanking Companion, but this is also the safest. You can also pick to speed it up a little with a DPS companion but due to how threat works it will often leave you with most aggro. In trade-off it's extremely safe to level as a healer, you won't die to anything the game throws at you unless heavily underleveled

Teaming up: I find healer the easiest to get into Flashpoints (great for leveling) and PvP since you often 'simply' follow your team around and keep them topped up, rather than worrying about what to kill first or what to aggro in the first place or in case of PvP where to go.. Even in end-game healers are usually not pressured too much tactic-wise.They are (together with Tanks) also usually the ones with fast queue's in the group finder.

Companions: You'll as a healer often want to have either a DPS or a Tanking Companion which often do not wear the same type of gear as you. Scoundrels, Operatives, Sages and Sorcerers start of with a Tanking Companion. Mercanaries start of with a healer companion, followed by 2x DPS and thus recieve their tanks very late. Commando starts with a ranged DPS, then a healer, then a tanking companion.

Easiest Healer class (imo) would be the Sage/Sorcerer, they have quite simply mechanics/healing 'rotations' and start off with a massive energy pool, resulting in not having to worry about energy management much at all (though please do get used to it around 37 when you can spec into your energy management to start practicing it, even though your high energy pool will be sufficient in most cases.) nor do they have to worry much about keeping buffs up.

Second would be Scoundrel/Operative, very forgiving on energy due to a skill that replenishes about all of it on top have having a skill for energy management around level 24, lots of healing, though the upperhand/tactical advantage mechanics can be annoying to get used to.

Commando/Mercanary are 3rd simply because they have a slightly harder time managing energy up to level 45 and not a big pool to work with. Get their AoE heal early on though, can be nice.

Tanks (Guardian/Vanguard/Shadow/Juggernaut/Powertech/Assassin in their left tree)

Difficulty: Tanks are an extremely safe way of leveling, they hardly die but kill slower. Paired with a healer companion you're invincible, paired with a DPS companion you'll do content a bit quicker. End-game they can be a bit more challanging when you don't know content since if you mess up, the team is in a lot of danger or unable to do their own job. Shadow/Assassins are a bit tougher than the other 2 due to their low armour-rating.

Teaming up: Tanks are sought after a lot so fast queues. They are suppose to jump in first, hit everything atleast once and then react on how other people play and what the enemies do, not something I'd recommend if you're not a quick learner, it's up to you whether you are or not.

Companions: Gaurdians get their healer companion around level 36 and a DPS companion around level 14. Vanguards start with a ranged DPS and get a healer around level 20. Shadows start with a tank, then get a healer around level 24 and a DPS around level 36. Juggernauts start with a ranged DPS followed by a healer around level 20. Powertechs start with a healer, followed by a ranged DPS. Assassins get a ranged DPS at level 24 and won't get their healer until level 40. For every class your shipdroid is a healer, just annoying to gear.

Easiest Class: I'd say Vanguard/Powertechs, the order you get your companions is perfect on top of the amount of AoE they have, making tanking quite a bit easier. Followed by Juggernauts (same for companions) and Guardian (worst companion gaining order...) the Shadow and Assassin are quite a bit more squishy until end-game (even then... well check the shadow forums.)

As for DPS, all classes can DPS, few classes I'd recommend against: Scoundrels/Operatives due to the upperhand/tactical advantage system and energy management. Obviously having a healer companion early on is helpful, they're your safest bet, followed by tanking companions, which the comments above give a lot of information on. They are the fastest to level with, simply because a healer companion or tank companions only have to do the job of keeping you alive, whilst you can out-dps your companion by about 4x. Healing a lot more or negating more damage than companions is nice and all, but it won't make a difference as long as everyone survives.

As for teaming up, people tend to be extremely forgiving to a inexperienced DPS as long as they're polite and willing to learn, it won't be a reason to wipe until end-game either. How-ever, queue's are long and if people are mean/impatient, you're the easiest to replace. As for PvP, everybody had to start somewhere. :)

Edited by Gloomycakes

hello all im new to the game and I am looking for a class that's not hard to play. something that's easy to gear and not a hard skill rotation. I am looking for a class and spec that I can use to just relax and not have to think a lot about what im doing. I will be doing mostly pve but I do enjoy some pvp. don't care if the class is dps healing ranged, im not picky. im mostly looking to play this toon when I have family aggro and not a lot of time to pay attention to the game. don't realy care how over powered , under powered , im not looking to be epic just simple play style.

PS. sorry for spelling

This is my 1st MMO, & speaking as someone who had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I've found the Sith sorcerer & Jedi consular to be the easiest to play. Healing, force shields, damaging/stunning ranged attacks all make the trip to 55 so much simpler

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.