The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How Episode I Should Have Been

TyboJames

It'd be cinematically better but there's a few story things that would take a lot of "fixing". I'm not sure how much solid EU was in place before Episode 1 was released but a fair bit of it would need reworking if that was the case.

Kind of like what PJ did to the LotR films. As a cinematic spectacle it'd be improved but some of it would jar with the story I think.

"Obi wan going on about his older day of fighting sith"

Considering the sith were gone for nearly a 100 years i doubt he id

" you created one race that is immune to mind tricks"

the dude clearly forgot about Jabba

quite frankly i would have hated his idea more (aside from lack of jar jar)

"Obi wan going on about his older day of fighting sith"

Considering the sith were gone for nearly a 100 years i doubt he id

" you created one race that is immune to mind tricks"

the dude clearly forgot about Jabba

quite frankly i would have hated his idea more (aside from lack of jar jar)

He actually said Qui-Gon would be talking about the sith, but he never eluded to him fighting against the sith. He simply said "it was a really dark time."

My favorite thing about his idea though is making the prequels Obi-Wan's story. I think if Maul would have replaced Dooku, no one would have been mad at that. Could have built up the Obi vs. Maul fight all the way until RotS.

He actually said Qui-Gon would be talking about the sith, but he never eluded to him fighting against the sith. He simply said "it was a really dark time."

My favorite thing about his idea though is making the prequels Obi-Wan's story. I think if Maul would have replaced Dooku, no one would have been mad at that. Could have built up the Obi vs. Maul fight all the way until RotS.

he says obi wan is looking out the window reminiscing about when they were brave jedi knights fighting the sith.

he says obi wan is looking out the window reminiscing about when they were brave jedi knights fighting the sith.

"Obi Wan is wistfully looking off into space and reminiscing about the "days of yore" where they were brave Jedi Knights, fighting the ultimate evil Sith, whereas now they are going from routine check ups from planet to planet"

I think you'll find this is Obi Wan referring to the days when Jedi Knights were running around bashing Sith in the Face and how he wishes Jedi life was more like that than what Jedi Knights are doing in his time period.

I'd also be all for this new movie, I agree with others in that I think, with a few adjustments this could have been a better idea for the movie. Focusing on Obi Wan and making it all about him so that his teaching of Anakin could reflect what he said in Return of the Jedi - that he thought could teach him as well as Yoda could.

I'm not so sure I would have gone with the Obi Wan/Padme thing, but on the whole I think focusing on less characters, having the single threat like Sidious and Vader presented in the first movies vs the story of Obi Wan is a great idea.

Edited by Assam

There are many ways Episode I could've been rewritten, doesn't necessarily have to be focused on Obi-Wan. May as well have been focused on teenage/young adult Anakin from start. Not like it matters, it is how it is and it will stay like this forever, fans need to accept that some movies in the saga are just bad, the end Edited by Pietrastor

Hey! That's epic!

Disagree with a few things, though ... can't see whay Obi and Padme should have a burgeoning realtionship .... would be difficult to reconcile later.

Also, Anakin should be a hot pod-racer, that makes sense - no way Qui-gon would risk an innocent on a 'hunch'.

And Maul had to die - the final fight needed a good v evil win, rather than the bad guy just scampering off.... I mean, he's just taken out a Jedi master - he's not going to be afraid of a few palace guards with blasters.