Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can we get a Phone App for Crew Skills please?

nicosharp

First off, this is only assuming you're out questing. As I said, people can send their companions off and then go afk. This is essentially no different than remoting on, or via an app, from a smartphone or other computer. Even locally, some people could be doing their homework, offsite work, or just watching a show/movie and can easily do all that I just mentioned. Again, this system works well for people just being idle, and people will have different uses for it, and different methods to go about it. Try thinking outside the box.

Additionally, it's my understanding that when you get more companions, you can have them farm while you have your primary companion with you to quest. In that case, no trade off there either. Also keep in mind, people in groups of 4, or in PvP, will be sending out their companions without any trade off. Basically, your trade-off point is moot.

It's possible that there will be no trade off at higher levels. I do not know how many companions you will be able to send out at once at 50. However, while leveling, even doing PvP there is a trade off. If you are doing PvP, you will not get as much XP as you do while questing. So, doing PvP so your companion can gather/craft is still in effect.

Either way, your opion is this is good. Mine is this is a bad call. Both are valid.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An app that only does crafting does not necessarily need to take up a queue space.

Connecting remotely from a phone to your desktop and running the game only to do crafting, will take up a queue space. And that's what I'm currently doing while there is no actual app for it.

So your point is?

I think he was being serious? :confused:

Give the man an app and free up a que spot while he's at work! :D

It is apparent a LOT of people are remoteing in to craft... this would free up a lot of server space. I dig the idea.

Yeah lets give people with cellphones the ability to grind Crew Skills while not in game >> Real good idea, While we are at it, Why dont we just let people buy levels with credits?

Heard of Farmville? Or any other facebook game.. welcome to the future bro. We already bought our levels, with our life-blood and time.... Monthly subscriptions, etc.

Yeah lets give people with cellphones the ability to grind Crew Skills while not in game >> Real good idea, While we are at it, Why dont we just let people buy levels with credits?

BEHOLD THE SMARTPHONE

The future of technology....

get with the program or get off the bus!

BEHOLD THE SMARTPHONE

The future of technology....

get with the program or get off the bus!

I was never on the bus to begin with, I still dont get why everyone needs a cellphone to stay in contact with people every moment of thier lives, Its worse then people with Twitter of facebook updating that they just brushed their teeth or saw jon watering their plants. Why give smart phone people an advantage over others?

I was never on the bus to begin with, I still dont get why everyone needs a cellphone to stay in contact with people every moment of thier lives, Its worse then people with Twitter of facebook updating that they just brushed their teeth or saw jon watering their plants. Why give smart phone people an advantage over others?

Why give people in PVP with an i7 and good graphics card an advantage over someone with a ****** min reqs PC.

Technology advances, you either keep up or get left behind.

Edited by CapC

Yep! I have masters in computer science and I'm an idiot with a smart phone!

I was not necessarily referring to smart as in " I can study and pass a test."

More smart in regards to "I am able to function without a trendy overpriced paperweight that glorifies mass consumerism and has sucked away all the ability for critical thinking" phone.

Mooooooooooooo on

Edited by mamasee

More smart in regards to "I am able to function without out a trendy overpriced paperweight that glorifies mass consumerism and has sucked all the ability for critical thinking" phone.

Mooooooooooooo on

I am getting you a "I have Issues" stamp for xmas.

PS - the earliest adopters of the smartphones where I work are all highly functioning Physicians.

Edited by nicosharp

I am getting you a "I have Issues" stamp for xmas.

I take it you are one of the mass consumers I speak of... wait you mentioned Xmas... you are!

I understand getting sore when someone points it out to you. :rolleyes: Nice try. :D

Response to your edit : Consider the tax bracket... lol.

Edited by mamasee

More smart in regards to "I am able to function without out a trendy overpriced paperweight that glorifies mass consumerism and has sucked all the ability for critical thinking" phone.

Mooooooooooooo on

smart phones are trendy over priced paper weights eh? lol

You made my day, thank you.

Maybe trendy to college kids or high school kids but to engineers, doctors, programmers, systems architects they provide numerous tools;

I take it you are one of the mass consumers I speak of... wait you mentioned Xmas... you are!

I understand getting sore when someone points it out to you. :rolleyes: Nice try. :D

you missed my edit and PS - sorry you dont have me pegged at all.

mama don't see

Edited by nicosharp

smart phones are trendy over priced paper weights eh? lol

You made my day, thank you.

Maybe trendy to college kids or high school kids but to engineers, doctors, programmers, systems architects they provide numerous tools;

Exceptions to a blanket statement never! Yet all those professionals handled their duties just as well prior.

you missed my edit and PS - sorry you dont have me pegged at all.

mama don't see

Oh you missed my edit and made a new post, nico didn't see. Hilarious, continue to defend the symbol of American cultural distraction. Ha ha go protest on Wall ST and tweet from your iphone LOL!

Edited by mamasee

It's possible that there will be no trade off at higher levels. I do not know how many companions you will be able to send out at once at 50. However, while leveling, even doing PvP there is a trade off. If you are doing PvP, you will not get as much XP as you do while questing. So, doing PvP so your companion can gather/craft is still in effect.

Either way, your opion is this is good. Mine is this is a bad call. Both are valid.

Whether an app for crafting/farming is good or not is subjective and varies depending on what the concern is.

I was merely pointing out that the so-called "trade off" is not a very strong counter-point.

There is no companion trade off when doing pvp. The entire tradeoff of pvp is you're not doing quests, but that is the choice of the person. When a person makes the decision of doing pvp, it isn't made based on the companion, get it? When a person decides to PvP, and lets say there are those who wishes to do pvp for the majority of the time, has their companion free to do whatever.

Additionally, it is not a given that all PvP will be less xp gain than questing. It depends on where you are in your quests and what planet. If you add in walking time and cut scenes, xp vs time gains can be equal, or more or less.

My whole point was that the system currently supports idle play for crafting/farming. There is no trade off when people weren't planning to quest in the first place, for a duration of time.

You're trying to find very specific cases where there is a tradeoff. But those aren't the only cases to consider. I'm pointing out for those who wish to do nothing by farming on the side, while doing other things, the system is already in place. Therefore, an app that also allows you to do this really won't change much considering people are already doing it via their iPhones (like me).

In fact, if you don't add an app for it, you would be at a disadvantage when there are people like me already applying this method.

Edited by Lazorous

Oh you missed my edit and made a new post, nico didn't see. Hilarious, continue to defend the symbol of American cultural distraction. Ha ha go protest on Wall ST and tweet from your iphone LOL!

the thread is yours. I concede to the psychoanalyst.

Edited by nicosharp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.