What can a slinger solo?

Godlymuppet

Lately I have been seeing just how far I can push my slinger. I have recently solod battle for ilum, false emperor and kaon under siege ( just normal modes so far). I have done this on all my 55's but find slinger has the best combo of defenses and high Dps.

Has anyone managed any of the old 55 heroic flashpoints or normal lost island (the robot boss stopped me last try).

I used to solo wow raids on my hunter and slinger feels very much like that.

I only spent a few hours soloing a couple of weeks ago never having done it before and not having done it since, so I'm not going to claim having a great deal of experience. I would like to get more into it, but haven't prioritized it enough to find the time.

Anywho, when I did go at it I found some success. I started with Maelstrom Prison HM (for no particular reason), and got through it relatively easily. I died twice to the last boss (once to what I think was a bug, and once because I took my sweet time killing adds and progressing through the sniping phase, resulting in an enrage), but other than that it was smooth sailing.

After this I went for Lost Island SM. I managed to get past the droid after a few attempts, but got stuck at the savrip boss (that's what the race is called, right? ;-p). I ended up losing patience after a couple of tries and summoned a compainon for it. The damage in the spit phases combined seemed - to me - like it was more than what I could manage with my limited self heals. It went down on the first try with a companion and wasn't really challenging at all in this manner. By the time I got to the last boss I was really tired and didn't have the patience to do multiple attempts. I tried it once without a companion, and when it didn't work I went ahead and summoned one. Admittedly, I failed once with a companion as well (Lorricks ground targeted poison stacked up incredibly fast and killed Guss in seconds, which I later solved by changing him between passive and active throughout the fight), but got him on the following attempt.

Perhaps I could do it better, but my time was limited, my patience thin, and any potential soloing time since has gone to other things. :)

For the record, I used a saboteur spec for this. The defensive skills in the tree worked nicely, not to mention that stationary scatter bomb rolling doubles as both incredible damage and nice defense (which helped greatly on the droid, for instance). The aoe of the spec also helped remove some of the pressure from adds without making me lose more than minimal dps on the boss.

Anyway, I hope you keep up soloing, and I'll see if I can get around to do more of it myself. :)

Edit: changed some sillyness caused by my phone's auto-correcting. If you find any other words that don't fit with the sentense, that's prolly what it is. :p

Edited by diadox

I only spent a few hours soloing a couple of weeks ago never having done it before and not having done it since, so I'm not going to claim having a great deal of experience. I would like to get more into it, but haven't prioritized it enough to find the time.

Anywho, when I did go at it I found some success. I started with Maelstrom Prison HM (for no particular reason), and got through it relatively easily. I died twice to the last boss (once to what I think was a bug, and once because I took my sweet time killing adds and progressing through the sniping phase, resulting in an enrage), but other than that it was smooth sailing.

After this I went for Lost Island SM. I managed to get past the droid after a few attempts, but got stuck at the savrip boss (that's what the race is called, right? ;-p). I ended up losing patience after a couple of tries and summoned a compainon for it. The damage in the spit phases combined seemed - to me - like it was more than what I could manage with my limited self heals. It went down on the first try with a companion and wasn't really challenging at all in this manner. By the time I got to the last boss I was really tired and didn't have the patience to do multiple attempts. I tried it once without a companion, and when it didn't work I went ahead and summoned one. Admittedly, I failed once with a companion as well (Lorricks ground targeted poison stacked up incredibly fast and killed Guss in seconds, which I later solved by changing him between passive and active throughout the fight), but got him on the following attempt.

Perhaps I could do it better, but my time was limited, my patience thin, and any potential soloing time since has gone to other things. :)

For the record, I used a saboteur spec for this. The defensive skills in the tree worked nicely, not to mention that stationary scatter bomb rolling doubles as both incredible damage and nice defense (which helped greatly on the droid, for instance). The aoe of the spec also helped remove some of the pressure from adds without making me lose more than minimal dps on the boss.

Anyway, I hope you keep up soloing, and I'll see if I can get around to do more of it myself. :)

Edit: changed some sillyness caused by my phone's auto-correcting. If you find any other words that don't fit with the sentense, that's prolly what it is. :p

That is truly amazing! I was actually meaning with a companion, so the fact that you did so much, before summoning yours bodes very well.

I'll definitely progress to the hard modes then.