The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Male vs Female

Lynnx

I'm a guy who likes to play both male and female characters.

My problem is that I feel embarrassed if I play a female toon and use voice chat.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Got characters of both genders, and I don't feel uncomfortable on voice chat when I'm on a female character at all. Probably because I run mostly with my guildies and they know who and what I am :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should only be embarrassed about it if you're one of those guys who only plays females and then begs for SGR...that's taking it too far

Because no straight person could ever think the inclusion of same-gender romances is a good thing, right? :rolleyes:

Because no straight person could ever think the inclusion of same-gender romances is a good thing, right? :rolleyes:

Not at all. If that's how you want to play then that's your prerogative. I don't care one way or another about SGR, it really doesn't matter to me. What bothers me are the guys that make female characters and beg for SGR so they can drool over the monitor.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. I RP from time to time and I know how important it is to have total immersion with your character. I just feel that the majority of people begging for SGR are guys who make female characters and want to see them make out with a female NPC. Usually the people who cry the loudest about this sort of thing and say that this isn't the case are lying and you know it.

I just feel that the majority of people begging for SGR are guys who make female characters and want to see them make out with a female NPC. Usually the people who cry the loudest about this sort of thing and say that this isn't the case are lying and you know it.

Then I feel that you haven't really been paying attention to the many threads (they reach 300-500 pots and then get remade) about the subject in Story and Lore, where many LGB persons have been talking about their disappoint in Bioware: Austin and how they want to be able to play a game where they can feel welcomed not only by the community, but by the designers and developers who want them to play the game and feel welcome.

It's all very well and good thinking that the majority of people asking for SGRA's are teenage boys who think women are present for their entertainment, but I've found that's not the case. Not to mention, the constant dismissal of this issue being only for "***** teenage boys" is incredibly insulting to the LGB players of this game, essentially stating that they don't exist and their concerns don't matter, compared to those of straight people.

Of course, this isn't really the place to be discussing SGR/A's in-game; we already have a thread for that.