The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gree event "Junior Research Project" achievement only completeable by Imperials

Jerba

I was very happy when I saw that you added new achievements related to the Gree event, and started on the "Junior Research Project" achievement, which can be completed outside of the event. Unfortunately, you have to kill 25 Bormu on Balmorra as part of the quest.

The problem is that Bormu are only attackable by Imperial players. On the Republic side, they show up as green (friendly) NPCs. Unless I missed a Bormu that can be attacked, it seems like you need an Imperial character to complete the achievement and gain the "Gray Vertical" title, especially because there are no Republic-only NPCs required for the achievement. This gives Imperial players an unfair advantage.

To fix this, please either:

1. Remove the Bormu on Balmorra requirement completely, or

2. Replace them by another creature on Balmorra or another planet attackable by both factions, or

3. Make the Bormu attackable by Republic players, or

4. Add a Republic-only species so you need both an Imperial and Republic character.

Edit:

This link perfectly illustrates the problem: All the Bormu at level 17-20 spawn on the Imperial instance on Balmorra and can be attacked (they are neutral, a.k.a. yellow NPCs), while the Republic Bormu (level 32-33) are friendly NPCs (green).

Edited by Jerba

MAJOR BUG: Achievement progress is lost when logging out

I was able to complete the achievement yesterday by buying the pet on my Imperial character. But now, I have another problem:

When I logged in today, all my progress was gone. :eek: It now once again shows up as 0/25. A warning to everyone who plans on completing the achievement: Do not waste the 3 hours it took me to complete it since it is bugged ATM.

By the way, in the "Gray Vertical" achievement, the "Junior Research Project" shows up as completed.

Screenshots:

Yesterday, I completed the "Junior Research Project" achievement: http://i.imgur.com/JttNTIi.jpg

Today, the achievement was reset but still shows up as completed under "Gray Vertical": http://i.imgur.com/iGEqU1r.jpg

I was very happy when I saw that you added new achievements related to the Gree event, and started on the "Junior Research Project" achievement, which can be completed outside of the event. Unfortunately, you have to kill 25 Bormu on Balmorra as part of the quest.

The problem is that Bormu are only attackable by Imperial players. On the Republic side, they show up as green (friendly) NPCs. Unless I missed a Bormu that can be attacked, it seems like you need an Imperial character to complete the achievement and gain the "Gray Secant" title, especially because there are no Republic-only NPCs required for the achievement. This gives Imperial players an unfair advantage.

To fix this, please either:

1. Remove the Bormu on Balmorra requirement completely, or

2. Replace them by another creature on Balmorra or another planet attackable by both factions, or

3. Make the Bormu attackable by Republic players, or

4. Add a Republic-only species so you need both an Imperial and Republic character.

Edit:

This link perfectly illustrates the problem: All the Bormu at level 17-20 spawn on the Imperial instance on Balmorra and can be attacked (they are neutral, a.k.a. yellow NPCs), while the Republic Bormu (level 32-33) are friendly NPCs (green).

This sucks, I wanted to complete this achievement so badly. :(

In tandem with this thread, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=654426, I can confirm that the Gree event achievement, Junior Research Project, resets all progress on the daily reset.

Yesterday I had 25/25 Lraida (Alderaan) and today I have 0/0 Lraida (Alderaan).

Fortunately, the achievement isn't that hard to do, but achievement chasers are going to be very frustrated to find they can't complete this, especially when this particular achievement looks to be made so it can be done outside the time when a Gree event would be active.

Regarding the lost achievement progress, in-game CSR responded saying that

* They are already aware of the problem and have forwarded all information to the relevant department.

* This problem affects multiple players and they currently cannot manually fix the achievement for individual players.

* Instead, they want to fix this problem with a future patch.

So it looks like we just need to be patient on this one. The developers have a whole month until the Gree event returns, so I'm hoping it will be fixed by then.

I hope they will see about changing the Bormu requirement as well.

For the record, here is the list of duplicate threads regarding this bug:

BUG: Achievement Junior Research Project loses ALL progress

Moar buggy pos achievements

Edited by Jerba

I completed this achievement about a hour before I went to sleep last night and when I logged in it had reset it self 100%. Took about 3 hours to find everything especially on Alderaan trying to find the Lraida creatures because they where spread out over a big distance. Wish I had known even if completed it would reset 100% because I would spent that time being more efficient on something else.

This isn't the first bug that doesnt track or resets between stages and it won't be the last. Just wish to get 1 time events that can't be done agains to be given via customer support like I have seen other people have gotten. Example would be codex entrees on Alderaan or the foundry's last boss revan in hard mode not checking off.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that Bormu are only attackable by Imperial players. On the Republic side, they show up as green (friendly) NPCs. Unless I missed a Bormu that can be attacked, it seems like you need an Imperial character to complete the achievement and gain the "Gray Vertical" title, especially because there are no Republic-only NPCs required for the achievement. This gives Imperial players an unfair advantage.

Kind of a thread necro - but yes, this isn't the first time that the Republic got overlooked ... :rolleyes:

At least it's fixed now (according to the 2.2.2 Patch notes).