Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Players of the opposite faction not flagged for PvP on PvP server. Intended?

TheHeat

Over the past few days I've noticed that several players of the opposite faction have appeared blue/unflagged for PvP in the open world. Many of the Republic players I've seen around the Gravity Hook Seven area on Makeb have been taking advantage of this while farming the area. Was Makeb meant to be a flag toggle zone even for PvP servers? I don't see how something like this can possibly be intended for a server that's supposed to allow open world PvP anywhere.

• Dev Post

Hi there folks,

I've got my eye on this and would love to see further reports or any additional details that would help us nail down if/when/where/how this is happening. Please be sure to tell us what server you're playing on if/when you see this as well as if you see it outside of the listed area on Makeb.

:ph_thank_you:

Hi there folks,

I've got my eye on this and would love to see further reports or any additional details that would help us nail down if/when/where/how this is happening. Please be sure to tell us what server you're playing on if/when you see this as well as if you see it outside of the listed area on Makeb.

check this, something I already posted long time ago on the forums but apparently no one payed attention.

Hi there folks,

Hey Amber! Thanks for giving this issue some attention. I've been seeing the same guy again and again, and he's still unflagged. I reported him and got a canned response email from a GM. After that he did actually appear red in open world, but a day or two later he was back to being unflagged somehow. What's the proper procedure for this? Should I report players who are obviously exploiting this for gain? Is there any way to get them flagged for PvP, seeing as it is a PvP server after all?

Also, my friend who is currently on Preferred Status asked me to post this on his behalf. Same server (Prophecy of the Five), but totally different people who are using the same exploit. Photos here and here.

Edited by TheHeat

• 2 months later...

Why does this issue persist? I continue to see these guys, continue to report them and the same exploiters continue to exploit. This is game breaking bioware.. please do something besides say you're looking into it because it's been going on for a long time. I report constantly, give names, post screen shots. What more do you need? Can't you go see for yourself they are on right now.. seriously.. place any one by a treasure chest near the empire hub in makeb and there's 100% chance you will see it happening.

Seriously.. give me a direct line to someone who can verify and I'll give you the names of everyone I see doing it.. It's very hard to help when it appears nothing is being done, I feel like every report I send is just going straight to the trash. I report but no action is taken against these guys. If you don;t know how they are doing it then at least ban them . Take action on this Bioware

Edited by Cynvael

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there folks,

I have noticed people getting De-flagged and turning from red to blue in the CZ daily area (investigate waste disposal quest elevator ) got a feeling they will be using this area to de-flag and maybe some sort of quick travel from that point to get to another area while staying De-flagged.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.