Is there a difference in Legacy XP from different sources?

MeisterBabylon

I've got a 34, a 27, a 25, a 21, a 14, majority of them having skipped lots of quests due to my frequent PVPing and FPing, and for the 34 mostly FP grinding from the 2x xp weekend.

Right now, my Legacy level is a puny 4. When I heard another player with a 55 and a 34 plus nothing else has a legacy level of 23.

Is that about right? Does the planet quests that I skipped give more legacy xp than monster kills, achievements, and FP completions?

Actually, once you have a Legacy all kills and completed missions for any character that you make on that server generates Legacy XP for that Legacy. In other words, it builds up just by playing whether it's a single level 55 or 5 level 20's- it does not matter. If you are playing a character and you have a Legacy, your Legacy will build. :cool:

higher level toons' quests will give more experience which translates into more legacy experience.

also as your legacy levels up it takes more and more exp to increase legacy to its next level. so it is "faster" with a higher level toon and their higher quest reward amounts.

personally I haven't gotten any legacy exp in over a year so I pray this information is still correct::D:

Like others have said the Legacy Exp only starts increasing once you have a legacy and if you were levelling a bunch of low level characters up before you got your legacy then someone who took a single character up to 50-55 will have gained more Legacy Exp then someone with a heap of low level characters (on average). Not sure if this applies to you but it might explain it. And as has been said higher levels gain more exp so the percentage going to Legacy will be more than for lower levels.

Yes, I am aware of the Legacy xp requiring an unlock before it starts building, which is why I went with bursting a BH to level 18, got my legacy and later my ship, then started hopping around when I got bored. I later went and floored my Jedi Shadow to 34 during the 2xp event.

It was after 2-3 months of slow 3-5 hours a day of play on a pletora of characters that I looked down and realized that since April I've gained a grand total of ONE legacy level. There was a legacy transfer this year as I got freemoved from Dalb to Harb, but Harb had a level 1 legacy (with a 10 and 14) a that was upgraded to 3 when the xfer happened. I transferred several level 1s and a 18 Merc + 15 Shadow. Since then, I've been leveling 5 of them to the levels I stated above.

I know it takes a lot of xp to level 1 Legacy lv, but something seems off here... Are my new characters from a different legacy applying their xp to the current legacy properly?

Or is the 1-30 levels really insignificant to legacy contributions? Because I'm really suspicious that 3 20s and a 30 is worth only a lv 4... o.O

How many legacy levels does one gain from leveling from 30-55, anyone know?

Edited by MeisterBabylon

I don't know how much Legacy Exp you earn for raising a character from level 30 to level 55, too busy enjoying the game to count, but Legacy Exp is earned at the same rate no matter what the source (main quest, side quest, PVP, ops mission). It is a steady fraction of regular Exp, of course at higher levels you require more Exp to get to the next level, but that's the same as character levels.

I've also noticed that the fastest way to get your Legacy up seems to be to level multiple characters from 1 to 50 instead of concentrating on just one character. The caveat there is that you have to take them through the entire storyline though. Now, I could be wrong but it just seems like our accounts started getting legacy levels a lot faster once we started leveling some other characters in comparison to just running dailies on the first 50's we got so, while I agree that the higher leveled characters seem to make more Legacy XP, I don't think that rule quite applies anymore once you pass Chapter 3. Again, i could be wrong but that certainly seemed to be the case when we were getting to that all important Legacy 25 and that beautiful GTN kiosk unlock that you can access with it. :cool:

Regardless though, I would personally just play the game and enjoy it and let you Legacy build up however it's going to build up because, in the end, if you are playing, you're Legacy is going to build one way or the other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.