what's the point of pvp gear again?

lironBD

I'm sorry I might be complete clueless here but I've re sub'd few days ago and today I went for some pvp action.

after finishing my weekly\daily etc... I bought 3 more parts of pvp items for the pvp set as I've remembered from old War Hero gear days those items increased my stats concerning pvp.

BUT with new pvp gear I've got full T1 set except main\off hand and seems that with each Item I'm adding I'm losing Expertise and other stats.

plain old PVE gear I got around 2000 Expertise for some reason + all my uber raid stats but with my current pvp items I only have 1600 expertise and I'm losing over 800 point on my main stat alone!

(lvl 55 pvp btw...)

so what is the point of pvp gear again?

no point in pvp gear. it won't fix lack of skill. 10% more damage output is not enouth to fix lack of skill issue many players have.

They want to remove bolster, to have atleast 65% advantage again, so sometimes they get to kill some one.

no point in pvp gear. it won't fix lack of skill. 10% more damage output is not enouth to fix lack of skill issue many players have.

They want to remove bolster, to have atleast 65% advantage again, so sometimes they get to kill some one.

thats the exact reason given by folks that would like to see bolster removed from 55 pvp..... :rolleyes:

it's not a skill problem or anything...

truly few days I'm top on the charts but inside the warzone I'm getting LESS expertise stat while using pvp gear!

I mean I play pvp here and there for fun and some extra credits when I'm bored of dailies again but I really want to know should I just stick with my pve gear and 2000 bolster Expertise or does there is some secret mechanic which makes it worth while to lose main stats + pvp stats when using the pvp gear ?

Bolster's OK.

Just tweak/adjust the way it works so that people with full Conq./augs go upto a point which is almost identical to the current, top-tier PvE gear, and then everything's fine, everyone's happy.

Otherwise, getting rid of bolster is simply a repetition of the mass-slaughter of anyone who turns fresh-lv55 and having them pass through weeks and months of grueling misery until they even get a glimpse of hope of being competitive. If people truly believe that PvP is supposed to be about skill, not about who has better stats, then there's no reason to argue that bolster needs to go away.

Now, before the max-lev bolster, I adamantly retained the belief that gear progression was part of PvP, and getting through the hardship of weeks and months to get better PvP gear was like initiation, something which everyone needs to pass through to become better.

However, that was because that was the way the system was set in those days, and it was an argument against some people demanding they get free high-end PvP gear immediately when they turn max level. Now, things have changed, and the bolster actually proved to be a better alternative. The way bolster works, it gives people the boost they need upto a reasonable level, so they are competent, but still not as strong as people with best gear. This makes sense.

The only perceived problem currently is in extreme cases where things seem to go flop -- something that can be fixed.

There's absolutely no reason bolster needs to be removed. Just let the developers numberscrunch/datamine for as long as they need, to tweak it and get it right... instead of changing and removing and adding stuff with every new patch like a bunch of amateuers.

kweassa,

I truly have no problem with bolster system I was wondering if I'm only pvping on Warzones (PVE server) and not on open world if I should get pvp gear at all? or just purchase materials and credit chests from the pvp merchant cause right now each pvp item I purchase makes my character lose stats.

kweassa,

I truly have no problem with bolster system I was wondering if I'm only pvping on Warzones (PVE server) and not on open world if I should get pvp gear at all? or just purchase materials and credit chests from the pvp merchant cause right now each pvp item I purchase makes my character lose stats.

according to new patch notes, blues and purples should no longer be bolstered to much.

As I have a conversation with a friend over gearing pvp for healer (both operatives) I do take pvp stuff (started few weeks ago but is going slow due to other reasons after 2.0) so atm 7 pieces pve (69) and 7 pvp (63), he chose to ignore pvp gear and uses his pve (72/69) stuff, and keeps pvp stuff for dps spec, I find that I have better healing then him, not to mention, I have more dmg reduction (so I live slightly longer).

For DPS, Do more then just look at main stat, 20% extra damage from expertiese is far more needed then extra 500 main stat (not to mention dmg reduction).

I won't even mention tanks.

Numbers aren't big, but excluding few exploits of the system, pvp gear is better.

Edited by Atramar

Bolster's OK.

Just tweak/adjust the way it works so that people with full Conq./augs go upto a point which is almost identical to the current, top-tier PvE gear, and then everything's fine, everyone's happy.

Bolster should not bolster Conqueror gear. That gear should be the best for PvP and reserved for those that are willing to work for it. What Bolster should do is bolster the PvE items to where they are just below the Partisan gear. If someone is in 72's then they should actually have their stats reduced to have them fit that criteria. There should be no bolstering of green, blue, or purple 53/54 gear to where they are BiS over the gear that was actually designed for PvP.

Otherwise, getting rid of bolster is simply a repetition of the mass-slaughter of anyone who turns fresh-lv55 and having them pass through weeks and months of grueling misery until they even get a glimpse of hope of being competitive. If people truly believe that PvP is supposed to be about skill, not about who has better stats, then there's no reason to argue that bolster needs to go away.

That slaughter happens now anyway. Don't for one instant think that it doesn't. All bolster really did for those individuals that are new to PvP is muddy the waters on what gear is actually needed and lure them into a false sense of believing that their gear is adequate. (I melted a fresh sorceror the other day with 3 attacks from my commando)

The gear progression that exists now because of bolster is really counter intuitive as to what someone needs to do to improve their gear.

Just before 2.0 it was recruit mk-2, WH, and then EWH. The progression was easy to understand.

Now it's 53/54 purples best in slot over Partisan and Conqueror implants and earpiece. So if you are in Partisan gear, make sure to use those PvE pieces. The 72 barrel is slightly better than the Conqueror one, and so on. If someone sits and actually takes a look a the gearing, it is all one big mess and there is no way that a person that is a fresh 55 and new to PvP is ever really going to figure that out without doing just as much, or more, dying than what they would have done before 2.0.

Edited by DariusCalera

Let's just hope they don't have a derp moment and nerf it too much.

It is not possible to nerf bolster too much...

If any PvE item is better than the corresponding partizan piece then bolster is still horribly broken (IMESHO).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.