The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

"No reverse engineering information available" bug

Sylin

Earlier today I tried to reverse engineer a Dread Guard relic I had purchased for 150 Classic Comms. The item had a tooltip saying there was a 20% chance to learn. I began the RE process and was excited when I heard the "success" sound the game normally plays when you learn a new schematic.

However, a red text error message popped up: "No reverse engineering information available for 'Dread Guard Relic of Shield Amplification'". The loot window that normally pops up with a few paltry mats from the RE process was curiously empty.

I checked my Artifice menu, and the schematic is not listed. So now I am without the relic, no mats, no comms, and no schematic. I attempted to submit a ticket, but received a "the system is unable to process your request" error so I am turning to the CS forums for help.

Bioware, since I got the success sound, I'm assuming my attempt to learn the schematic was successful. I'd like the schematic. If not, the very least that needs to happen is my comms need to be refunded. Thanks.

Edited by Sylin

• Dev Post

Hello there!

This is something that we're aware of and are working on now. Please take a look at the following thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6433716

You say you're assuming that this was unsuccessful, but in our testing, we find that players do learn the schematic in these instances. Can you please double check and post your experience in the thread above?

Edit: I also wanted to make a comment and let you know that we're investigating what might be preventing you (and some others) from creating new tickets! Sorry about the inconvenience there as well.

Thank you!

Edited by AmberGreen

Thanks for the prompt reply. :)

The success sound definitely played for me, but the schematic does not appear in my character's Artifice menu. I even logged out and logged back in hoping it might change, but no luck. :(

The thread you linked to is informative, but seems to center around Arkanian and Underworld relics. This was a Dread Guard relic. Not sure if that matters in the grand scheme of things, but I wanted to mention it.

Please let me know if there are any steps I should take next.

• Dev Post

Thanks again for your follow up as well, Sylin!

The issue that prevented folks from sending in-game tickets has been resolved, but can you please confirm that this is the case on your end? Thank you in advance if you're able to verify this for us.

I can confirm that I've RE'd two dread guard relics and gotten the same bug, with no schematic and no materials. My CS ticket said that the system was working as intended and would not be refunding my relic, even though I directed them to the bug threads and they said they confirmed the bug.

Had same issue with 2 Dread Guard relics (getting success sound, but no materials or schematics). Customer Support did not return anything to me, but I filled it under Bug Report and I think these do not reach them.

I thought this issue was fixed so I tried R/E'ing a Dread Guard relic today. I got the success sound but then the red text saying "No reverse engineering information". I filed a ticket for it (# 9502797). Will I get my relic or schematic from CS (or at least my 150 comms for purchasing it)? Edited by Screaming_Ziva