Inviting friends and guild invites, really frustrating

Zistar

Love the game! However, I am finding it really frustrating to add friends to my friends list and send out guild invites.

Friends - evidently the person you want to add needs to be online to do it. Since I created a new toon, I would like to watch for when guildies log on so I can have them send me an invite. I would like to add them to my friends list so I can see when they come online. However I can't unless they are already online. So basically, I have no way to monitor anyone logging in. I have to keep attempting to add them hoping I will catch one online. Very counter intuitive and frustrating.

Guild Invites - I have to be in a group and standing near them to send an invite. This is the most inconvenient mechanic. Naturally everyone is creating new toons so I have to keep traveling to all the starting areas to invite people.

Also, with the guild management - only the guild leader can promote people to officers? Is this a setting that can be changed? Also very frustrating.

Otherwise, fabulous game, I love it. If these functions could be improved it would be even better:)

No you dont have to be near them to invite them to a guild, you just type /ginvite name, doesn't matter where they are.

Of course only guild master can promote to officer, officer is the rank right below guild master, anything in the world with ranks where people have the power to promote they cant promote to their own rank, that has to be done by the guy upstairs.

Edited by Nfinite

Love the game! However, I am finding it really frustrating to add friends to my friends list and send out guild invites.

Friends - evidently the person you want to add needs to be online to do it. Since I created a new toon, I would like to watch for when guildies log on so I can have them send me an invite. I would like to add them to my friends list so I can see when they come online. However I can't unless they are already online. So basically, I have no way to monitor anyone logging in. I have to keep attempting to add them hoping I will catch one online. Very counter intuitive and frustrating.

Guild Invites - I have to be in a group and standing near them to send an invite. This is the most inconvenient mechanic. Naturally everyone is creating new toons so I have to keep traveling to all the starting areas to invite people.

Also, with the guild management - only the guild leader can promote people to officers? Is this a setting that can be changed? Also very frustrating.

Otherwise, fabulous game, I love it. If these functions could be improved it would be even better:)

All minor issues, but stuff I agree should be fixed. Good list.

/ginv Playername works regardless of instance or planet.

Go to your Guilds tab, Details>Ranks. You can change permissions, add and remove ranks, and more. Just don't forget to hit Apply often.

Responses in white.

I have used the /ginvite command to invite people without needing them in my party. Location does not matter for this either. Hope that helps!

Edit: Didn't think I was that slow at responding, but obviously so...everyone else already got it!

Edited by linthos

No you dont have to be near them to invite them to a guild, you just type /ginvite name, doesn't matter where they are.

Of course only guild master can promote to officer, officer is the rank right below guild master, anything in the world with ranks where people have the power to promote they cant promote to their own rank, that has to be done by the guy upstairs.

The problem with this is that the guild master would like his alts to have officer rank but none of us can promote them.