The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quirks in Achievements

GoddessDaVida

TYTHON has an achievement for killing 15 training droids. If you do the five missions given, there are only 10 droids to kill. Workaround is to reset some of the missions before turning them in, as the kill count is not affected by the reset. The only reason I was even there doing them was because I deleted a toon that was played through Tython before achievements was added, and made a new one just to complete the planet.

But that still did not give me 100%, I did not have the lore data for a Wingmaw. There are oodles of Wingmaw this and Wingmaw that on Tython, and killing them fails to register. There is a solution though... go to Balmorra, in Gorinth Canyon and kill one. It immediately registers on the Tython achievements.

Thanks to these tricks, I have 100% on Tython (well, that and bringing a set of Macrobinoculars for those MCR-99 droids).

CORUSCANT: Two of the must kills are Jessa Bowden and Tevan Lessard. The only way to face them is to be part of two different Coruscant missions that cannot be repeated. Again, those who started with this game before achievements face rolling new toons or pestering a clueless new player to let us group to get them.

The Black Supernova achievement calls for defeating "500 Humanoid Black Sun combatants". However, it really requires defeating 500 Strong (silver) or better Black Sun combatants. I would estimate there are no more than two-dozen silver/gold combatants in the whole Black Sun area. While I am over 80% done, it has taken many hours to find the ones I defeated. I have privately suspected this was meant to be done the way the title states, since it does not say "strong or better" like other achievements that do mean strong or better. However, far be it from me to tell you how to make your game, but the title and game play show a large discrepancy. I also wonder as much effort as it has taken on a lvl 50 toon to get this far, the poor lvl 13-14 toons trying to work that planet would think it near impossible, at least I can kill them in one or two shots.

If I find some more, I will report those also... no one wants to think the game is rigged so they cannot win.

Let's examine this.. how useful is grouping a level 50+ toon with a level 13 player for the level 13 player? Or trying to convince a level 7 player on Tython to repeatedly reset a mission to get 15 kills on a series of 5 missions that only have 10 opponents total? That's not helping anyone, it's exploitation.

This is not something about grouping with similar level players to help each other. None of the missions involved are difficult for new players... you never see people in general chat shouting for help for them, because they were designed to be easily achievable solo at their level.

I understand that the counters for tracking the kills were not in place prior to the implementation of achievements and we need to go back and kill a whole lot of objectives to complete these achievements. My complaint is that we shouldn't be locked out of being able to finish the job just because we leveled up prior to the 2.0 release.