The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

go go stealthies FTL

Feztonio

Just finished ancient hypergate. had lvl 34 shadow invis by their pylon for the first 2.5 minute wave. do nothing, just ***** that nobody could come near him cause "he got this" ... needless to say he did not in fact "have it". said he should just guard ours or go as a group to take theirs but he said nothing. so second 2.5 minute wave same thing "i got this" and "don't nobody come over here" and again, he did not in fact got 'dat.

the third 2.5 minute wave he goes and another shadow goes and stands stealthed not doing anything. we're down by about 100 and now 25% of our eight-man squad is stealthed not doing anything productive. they zerg seven at our pylon and cap along with the one guy who capped their side with 2 of our stealthies just watching, and this shadow cursing up a streak in ops about how we all suck.

i at this point call out in ops chat how he has spent the first almost six minutes stealthed not doing a single thing. i get a "Fu## you" in ops chat and a "later losers" and he rage quits.

i am willing to pay the 1800 CC's for him to transfer to Any other transfer if the transfers ever go online. you know who you are. just send me an in-game tell and I will pay for you to go stealth on some other server complaining in ops chat

As long as he doesn't ship off the to The Bastion :D

He would definatley have been more useful guarding your pylon; shadows are a good class for node guarding. But he was trying to be the hero. And that never, ever works. The only reason he should've been stealthed at their pylon is if that was the only way to win. But obviously, that wasn't the case. And trying to cap the enemies pylon during the first round is just bad strategy.

As long as he doesn't ship off the to The Bastion :D

He would definatley have been more useful guarding your pylon; shadows are a good class for node guarding. But he was trying to be the hero. And that never, ever works. The only reason he should've been stealthed at their pylon is if that was the only way to win. But obviously, that wasn't the case. And trying to cap the enemies pylon during the first round is just bad strategy.

It sometimes works but a good PVP'er learns when it will not work and when he's more valuable elsewhere. There are relatively few good PVP'ers in this game tho.

It sometimes works but a good PVP'er learns when it will not work and when he's more valuable elsewhere. There are relatively few good PVP'ers in this game tho.

Oh yeah, it definatley works, I've done it on my op and my sin. But, as you said, I knew when it would work and when it wouldn't.

Just finished ancient hypergate. had lvl 34 shadow invis by their pylon for the first 2.5 minute wave. do nothing, just ***** that nobody could come near him cause "he got this" ... needless to say he did not in fact "have it". said he should just guard ours or go as a group to take theirs but he said nothing. so second 2.5 minute wave same thing "i got this" and "don't nobody come over here" and again, he did not in fact got 'dat.

the third 2.5 minute wave he goes and another shadow goes and stands stealthed not doing anything. we're down by about 100 and now 25% of our eight-man squad is stealthed not doing anything productive. they zerg seven at our pylon and cap along with the one guy who capped their side with 2 of our stealthies just watching, and this shadow cursing up a streak in ops about how we all suck.

i at this point call out in ops chat how he has spent the first almost six minutes stealthed not doing a single thing. i get a "Fu## you" in ops chat and a "later losers" and he rage quits.

i am willing to pay the 1800 CC's for him to transfer to Any other transfer if the transfers ever go online. you know who you are. just send me an in-game tell and I will pay for you to go stealth on some other server complaining in ops chat

I know this guys feel. With with you OP.

Oh yeah, it definatley works, I've done it on my op and my sin. But, as you said, I knew when it would work and when it wouldn't.

Oh man, I hope the OP wasn't referring to me! :D No, actually, I very rarely try to ninja-cap, because I know I suck at it. But I do know that even if it works you go when it's time to cap, not stand there the whole round and do nothing. Probably worked for the guy once, and now he's convinced he knows how to win every time.

I'm pretty sure I was that second Shadow.

I don't know what that other guys deal was. He told me to mezz the guard and he would cap. I mezzed him and said "Go" in chat and he stood there and didn't move. So i tried to do it alone but by by mezzing the guard and Phase Walking to the node, he was guarding a good distance from the node. But by that time another GS showed up. and stopped me.

One of the other times we tried a VG, our team, came charging in and brought the whole enemy team with him.

If the person could not cap then he was really bad. If the player guarding is = skilled and you can't take the pylon move the hell on. Repeating the same thing and expecting different results is stupid. Don't pay his transfer no one wants him here, Pay him to go play a different game were stupidity is ok because it not here lol.

I'm pretty sure I was that second Shadow.

I don't know what that other guys deal was. He told me to mezz the guard and he would cap. I mezzed him and said "Go" in chat and he stood there and didn't move.

Probably busy narrating the Shuper Shtealth Cap Youtube guide he was making.

Probably busy narrating the Shuper Shtealth Cap Youtube guide he was making.

I felt bad about being "that guy" that loses the game in stealth the whole time but I thought I had capable back up. I'm guessing he was somewhat new to stealth and had that "everything has t be perfect mentality." He laid out a plan and was in position, I didn't think I needed a countdown to get it done, I thought a simple go was enough.

So I guess that's my bad. We only tried twice. Once I tried to beat them there, and did, but one of them came along right away (good on his part) and the second time with the other guy.

if anybody can get the other team to pull 3 plus people to protect their node, I say good job to the guy who died doing it. But sitting behind the line forever doing nothing is BAD. They could have done more hitting healers, but if they leave they usually go and kite weak people who have left combat to heal even though they may be back sooner after they go to respawn. This is just basic strategy plus some math.

Maybe these folks should form a guild called "Third Node"

in his defense, if you're new to stealth classes how would you know, the only way to learn is to practice, so you'll be wrong frequently in the beginning.

Also i often go there and have to wait because some enemies bring back orbs. On the positive side, often the guard thinks someone else can take over guarding now and leaves, but none of the orb carriers realize it and leave it undefended :-)

I felt bad about being "that guy" that loses the game in stealth the whole time but I thought I had capable back up. I'm guessing he was somewhat new to stealth and had that "everything has t be perfect mentality." He laid out a plan and was in position, I didn't think I needed a countdown to get it done, I thought a simple go was enough.

So I guess that's my bad. We only tried twice. Once I tried to beat them there, and did, but one of them came along right away (good on his part) and the second time with the other guy.

That's legit. Two coordinated stealths can be nearly impossible to defend against. But it's usually best to go late in the round, striking at around the 30 second mark because it's hard to hold the node. But two whole rounds of waiting as the OP said seems a bit much.