2.4 Arena is a great idea!

Selout

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest with you, I liked WoW arenas from WotLK to Cataclysm (firelands) when I quit. it's true that every FotM utterly dominated, but first of all, a comp that dominates 2v2 isn't the same comp that dominates 3v3 or 4v4. secondly, and this is the really positive thing in my book, the grps were so small that A LOT of teams were able to queue. that meant it was possible to go in as a novice/casual and run into other novice/casual teams. yeah, you'd get rocked too. but every time I queued, or my casual friends queued, they would eventually run into teams of their own skill. on top of that, it's extremely difficult to put together 16-32 players for a big kick ball game. but you could throw together 4-8 2v2/3v3/4v4 teams a lot easier, and you'd be guaranteed to bump into your buddies a few times.

look, I understand why solo rated Q is a disaster waiting to happen, especially if it's in the same pool as premade 8m teams, but with teams of 2-4...I'd buy into that.

also, a merc healer, who's kinda exorcised (right or wrong) from 8m rated, would be pretty beast in a 2 or 3m grp, imo. so I think it could actually open things up for other specs. watchman, for instance...there would be a lot of value in a passive grp heal in a small arena.

true. i think we will se alot of classes shine inn arena that you normaly wont pick for rated warzone

i cant wait for arena to come out :)

and maybe they should look at how wildstar arena is gona be For instance, WildStar arenas aren't single-elimination but rather a series of slugfests wherein each team tries to get the opponent to use up its allotment of respawns.

if they do this they will fix the problem of 4x stelth classes 1 shoting you all the time

We already have 8 man arenas. Plus your rated system is pretty much dormant. Bioware should reach for the skies and ignore these segregated requests.

All these high-end WoW players don't know apples from oranges...so another rockpaperscissor thread is born. Smaller the numbers, the more OP threads we will get.

Blizzard ruined pvp with so many MMO spawns that know know different.

Word brahs.

We already have 8 man arenas. Plus your rated system is pretty much dormant. Bioware should reach for the skies and ignore these segregated requests.

All these high-end WoW players don't know apples from oranges...so another rockpaperscissor thread is born. Smaller the numbers, the more OP threads we will get.

Blizzard ruined pvp with so many MMO spawns that know know different.

Word brahs.

I wouldn't call ranked which is objective based arenas. Also ranked is not dormant.

for the record, I think it's a terrible idea with our AC range,and while in current pvp system almost every class has it's purpose, in arena it will be downed to 3 sets of teams who will be dominant over others.

but. it's better then nothing new for next 2 years

is it really that bad idea as I think? maybe yes. maybe no. let 'future generation' decide... (so let's wait and see, if it's that bad, they can always separate it in pvp que flag)

for the record, I think it's a terrible idea with our AC range,and while in current pvp system almost every class has it's purpose, in arena it will be downed to 3 sets of teams who will be dominant over others.

but. it's better then nothing new for next 2 years

is it really that bad idea as I think? maybe yes. maybe no. let 'future generation' decide... (so let's wait and see, if it's that bad, they can always separate it in pvp que flag)

Well I would imagine since 2.4 is 'the PvP patch' that you will see some class balance especially if arenas will be coming with them.

Sorry for my English but i'll try to explain.

Arena is a bad idea! Why? Cause classes are not balanced. Ok ok! Lets imagine, 2.4 is start. Set ups on arena 3 sins in deception and 1 healer oper or 1 healer oper 1 sin tank and 2 sins in deception. In the first case they blow up 1 enemy in a few seconds and in the second case this set up is more balanced. And all arena games will be who finds enemy first. Do u want this?Balance is not - "Hey guys! We've got new PvP patch one in 1 year here and all is fine!" Do balance is work from patch to patch, analyzing game situation, view feedbacks, threads etc. Thats work which bioware doesn't want to do.

Edited by helpmewin

Please stay tuned to have your hopes and dreams crushed.

^^^ This, If I'd have a word on it, I would fire the whole pvp team. I mean how dare you even call yourselves as game developers?

I'll vote with my wallet.

Edited by Beansoup

Well I would imagine since 2.4 is 'the PvP patch' that you will see some class balance especially if arenas will be coming with them.

no class balance changes will change the fact, that there are stealths, meles, turret classes and turret class with a cover.. they can juggle all they want, but I do not belive they will be able to balance it for arena and not break it for other WZs and PvE. it will always be rock-paper-scissors-lizzard-spock.

If I could change anything, I would change players mentality - why have 3 players attacking smash jugg in mele range, getting smashed every 9 seconds, while he trumps his cooldowns one by one and healer is healing him untouched? Really?

If the glaring problems where fixed that already exist in pvp, I'd say maybe. But I was there when Arenas where first introduced in WoW. I even did them for 2 seasons. And looking back on it, as the Op said probably the best time of the whole arena set up, I'd say no. The patches to balance Arenas broke PVE, Sometimes so bad that a boss you farmed for a few weeks became a pain which in turn created PVE nerfs which started the decline of challenge in that game. Also, with arenas it's less about skill than the strongest class combination. You can go look at the top Arena teams in WoW and almost all of them are the exact same class makeup.

I don't know, with the way current pvp is and the total state of the game this is a huge gamble, and one that could kill the game as a whole, not just part of it. And I'd rather see them fixing bugs, performance issues, classes before introducing something that has a high probability of making matters worse.

Also, with arenas it's less about skill than the strongest class combination. You can go look at the top Arena teams in WoW and almost all of them are the exact same class makeup.

That is simply not true.

I agree that you'll find some classes more then others. But there you can find all classes in the top 10, there is no class that is "absolutely useless".

In one realmpool you wont find a pallyheal in the top 10, in the other realmpool rank 1 and 2 have pally heals.

(looking at 3v3).

Correct placement and LOS is the key to this and this isnt depending on what class you play, but how good you can play and anticipate.

That is simply not true.

I agree that you'll find some classes more then others. But there you can find all classes in the top 10, there is no class that is "absolutely useless".

In one realmpool you wont find a pallyheal in the top 10, in the other realmpool rank 1 and 2 have pally heals.

(looking at 3v3).

It is true, you are looking at a smaller insignificant number. I'm talking world, and with blizzards fail department unable to balance classes properly I highly doubt you will see a mixture of team makeup through the top 100 world wide beyond 2-3. As the old joke goes, WoW pvp is level each class to max level. Play what ever class got the least amount of nerfs or the most buffs, win!!!

Correct placement and LOS is the key to this and this isnt depending on what class you play, but how good you can play and anticipate.

This is any pvp, world, Warzone, arenas. to say that this only applies to arenas just shows you really should get out and pvp more.

Edited by XisscVekno

This is any pvp, world, Warzone, arenas. to say that this only applies to arenas just shows you really should get out and pvp more.

I never said this applies only to arenas, however it is much more vital in arenas, since you don't respawn and if you get caught off guard it's over.

I simply said that if you have superior positioning in arenas, you have the advantage.

• 3 weeks later...

"What a bold move by Bioware. "

Bold move? Don't think so, this was the excpected move. It isnt bold get something that other already did and prove it can be done and it's a success.

Bold is do something that no one thought it could be done, or something risk. Specially do something risk, this isnt.

The bold thing is make arena with sich poorly balanced game.

I hope the brainless DEV staff finally notice that this game's not balanced.