The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Greatings and helpful suggestions

RocketeerRaccoon

Hello everyone of this great game and I'm from the UK. ;)

I've been playing since last week and I've been having a great blast with this game, I love the character story concept and being able to do light or dark choices but I've hit a point where I'm struggling to outright choose a class to keep to as my main character. I've already tried each of all of the classes and I still can't make my mind up. The classes that seem to interest me the most are:

1. Trooper Commando
  2. Bounty Hunter Mercenary
  3. Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer
  4. Jedi Knight Sentinel

Typically I prefer attacking from far away as that's what I found I liked most when I used to play World of Warcraft and I wasn't very good with melee in PvP but that was then and now I'm kinda more interested in either route.

I'm simply not very good at making choices, I'm really not sure what is cooler, lightsabers to me are the weapon that made Star Wars famous so that's one way to look at it, perhaps with powerful lightning but on the other hand who doesn't like rocket explosives and in the case of Bounty Hunter, flamethrower and a Street Fighter punch.

This game is one tough cookie when it comes to choices. :p

Hello, and welcome! I'm new, too.

Your thread is in the New Player Introductions forum. The threads I've seen in the New Player Help forum get answers very quickly.

Why choose just one? You have 12 character slots as a subscriber, at no additional cost. Keep, and play, all four. Then, try some more. :)

The New Player Help forum is a great place to ask specific questions about the different classes, and there are also forums for each class.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Hello everyone of this great game and I'm from the UK. ;)

I've been playing since last week and I've been having a great blast with this game, I love the character story concept and being able to do light or dark choices but I've hit a point where I'm struggling to outright choose a class to keep to as my main character. I've already tried each of all of the classes and I still can't make my mind up. The classes that seem to interest me the most are:

1. Trooper Commando
  2. Bounty Hunter Mercenary
  3. Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer
  4. Jedi Knight Sentinel

Typically I prefer attacking from far away as that's what I found I liked most when I used to play World of Warcraft and I wasn't very good with melee in PvP but that was then and now I'm kinda more interested in either route.

I'm simply not very good at making choices, I'm really not sure what is cooler, lightsabers to me are the weapon that made Star Wars famous so that's one way to look at it, perhaps with powerful lightning but on the other hand who doesn't like rocket explosives and in the case of Bounty Hunter, flamethrower and a Street Fighter punch.

This game is one tough cookie when it comes to choices. :p

Hi there, and welcome to swtor. I've been playing since early start and played 8 character to level 50+ so I might have some insight for you.

In the case of commando and mercenary, those are essentially the same classes as far as gameplay is concerned, they're eachother's mirror. So if it comes down to choosing between these two, the choice would be mostly cosmetic and story. Of these two, I enjoyed the story equally, but I liked the mercenary's companions a lot more than the trooper's companions.

In my opinion, the sorcerer class plays a lot like the mercenary/commando. Both can be ranged damage dealers or healers, so it comes down to cosmetics, do you prefer lightning or explosions. As healers I prefer the sorcerer, but as damage dealer I prefer the mercenary/commando, whose rotation seems a bit more straightforward to me. I do think the sorcerer has the better storyline, though.

The sentinel will always be a melee damage dealer, so you get somewhat less versatility. It's a lot more "in the face" and it's a completely different play style. Sentinels do get to use their lightsabers a lot more than sorcerers, for whom a lightsaber is basically a glowing stat stick. The Jedi Knight story is probably my favourite out of all the classes.

Hope that helps you make a decision.